Is my Baby associating Me with Milk?

Vic

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have benefitted from the many threads here.

I'm still working hard towards TBF my 4 weeks old boy (had to top up with FM cos I can't seem to meet his demand).

He seems to be hungry whenever he sees me...

He'll keep still when others carry him (when he gets cranky), the moment I take over, he'll cry very hard and there's nothing I can do to pacify him except to feed him..

My Sis suspect he's associating me with milk, somebody pls advise..

Thank you. :eek:15:

stonston

mummy's special smell :)

n yes, u have a greedy boi like mine, e moment i carry him, he wants to suckle....
but he outgrew it after a while :p

Vic

mummy's special smell :)

n yes, u have a greedy boi like mine, e moment i carry him, he wants to suckle....
but he outgrew it after a while :p
thanks.. so can i say there's nothing i can do but to wait for him to outgrow this?

one more question concerning his drinking habit..

he'll usually spend 15-20mins drinking from one side before he goes back to sleep, and wake up an hour plus later to drink from the other side.

is this normal?

cos i've read about expressing out BM after feeding, but if i do i won't have milk to feed him when he wakes up an hour plus later...

stonston

Usualli I will make him drink fm both side b4 letting him fall aslp....if not he will wake up hungry very fast...usualli is 15 min each side....

btw, i do express after every session..cos it will signal to e brain tt baby needs more milk n thus u will produce more...as long as u drink alot of fluids, dun worry....can get milk within an hour de :)

Vone

Don't you find it painful? I mean we need to give our nipples a break right?
Vic, If u're feeling painful. It might be due to wrong latching pos :001_302: Thats why u're experiencing painful and sore nipples. ol I've been latching baby on for 3 months + :D Still enjoying it though its tiring coz im the main care provider :D

stonston

my boi already got upper n lower teeth but i dun find it painful lei....

if painful means wrong method liaoz...if u need help, can go to TMC, MT A or KKH...they got certified trained lactation consultants to help u :)

i got my help fm Mrs Wong Boh Boi @ TMC...gonna visit her soon cos now my boi totalli reject bottle n i need to wean him off!

Vone

my boi already got upper n lower teeth but i dun find it painful lei....

if painful means wrong method liaoz...if u need help, can go to TMC, MT A or KKH...they got certified trained lactation consultants to help u :)

i got my help fm Mrs Wong Boh Boi @ TMC...gonna visit her soon cos now my boi totalli reject bottle n i need to wean him off!

Stonson same here! My boi also totally reject bottle.. sighs ! >_< I cant go for movies anymore =(

elaine01

thanks.. so can i say there's nothing i can do but to wait for him to outgrow this?

one more question concerning his drinking habit..

he'll usually spend 15-20mins drinking from one side before he goes back to sleep, and wake up an hour plus later to drink from the other side.

is this normal?

cos i've read about expressing out BM after feeding, but if i do i won't have milk to feed him when he wakes up an hour plus later...
BM is constantly being produced. Full breasts = slower production, empty breasts = faster production. The more BM is removed, the more milk is being produced. Dont have to worry if after expressing, baby cries for milk. It'llonly stimulate your body tomake more milk for baby.:tlaugh:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
dun need bottle wat... can cup feed ya? my #2 refused the bottle from the begining. Our babysitters cup fed her while we were out and she was fine with that. Just need to be more careful and a little more patient. If cupfeeding a baby... the little medi cups with rounded edges are perfect.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
as for baby thinking mummy = milk... I was one of those who (and still does) feed on demand. To me, it was more that baby wanted to be close to me, wanted the security I gave, wanted the comfort of my breasts.... nothing wrong with that. Especially in the first few months when the world is brand new and kinda scary. It does pass... they do grow up. So to me, it was ok.