Is Tupperware really Expensive?

camom

I am very happy with the tupperware containers I have till today, esp the kitchen organiser sets. I used to freeze my tod's foodstuff in the small tupperware containers meant for freezing and they last, don't crack like some other products. I used to buy from a friend of mine so her after-sales svc was good, however she stopped selling 2 yrs back. I guess I might face the same problem as stonston later on when my lids start cracking.

So far, those from 20-30 years back are still working fine for my mom.

Btw, the lifetime waranty applies only if the product was used as it was meant to be, i.e. if the lids crack bcos the container was placed in the freezer when it was not meant to be, they will not replace.

Mummy to Baby V

I have been a Tupperware fan since a young girl, under my Mummy's influence. :)
She has at least 100 Tupperware items, many unwrapped as gifts for others at anytime. I have one cupboard & fridge filled with Tupperware.

The quality and service is fantastic:
- Many containers are still being used after 10-20 years.

- We are pleased with the exchanges made. My mum's friend is a Tupperware Consultant and does the exchanges with ease for us. Those which we don't like anymore (in good condition) are easily traded in for newer items.

- I have been using the SAME design yellow mug with cover for 20+ years, exchanged a few times when it wears out. For the one price my Mummy paid years ago, it is definitely value-for-money.

- It is convenient to get all the containers, mugs, etc. at one place, browsing through catalogue at home.

We love Tupperware so much that my Mum signed up to be a consultant so that we get them a wholesale rate.

When I got married, I bought many sets to organise my kitchen. Since I moved to KL, I went to a nearby Tupperware office to sign up as a Consultant so that I can buy at wholesale rates and service myself. (Gosh, Malaysia rates are even lower!!!)

We are satisfied users and don't do active selling.

Our favourite product series:
- One Touch: super-airtight and easy to close & clean, for cereals, opened packets of dried goods.

- Modular Mates: airtight, for opened packets of dried goods, general storage container for breastpump & parts, boy's meal cutlery

- Freezer Mates: freeze cut portions of fish for my boy, MIL loves this series for ALL her frozen goods (other brands have cracked easily, so she is now a Tupperware convert too)

- FridgeSmart: ventilation hole keeps fruits & vegetables fresh through 1+ week, the super large one is very spacious

- Square round set: for fridge, great for fruits & vegetables that don't need so much breathing or to be consumed soon, also used for generic storage of other items, e.g. Medication, small bottles of baking stuff. Every morning, I sort out meal ingredients for lunch & dinner and put them I these containers. Very convenient during cooking time.

- CrystalWave: microwavable. Though I do not use the microwave, these can store leftover food in fridge or freezer, then taken out for reheating. It can withstand warmer food items. I like the lunch box set with bag (frequent new designs) which is for bringing my boy's meals out. He is eating rice now, so does not need the thermal flask anymore. I can feed him directly from the lunch box, so saves bringing a bowl out.

In general, we do not put hot items into Tupperware or other plastic containers. BPA is used to make plastic clear & transparent, so if the container is opaque, chances are it does not contain BPA. Therefore, I continue to use BPA milk bottles as measuring cups since leaching is not a concern at room temperature.

That's the feedback from a Tupperware lover. Hope it helps. :)

Last edited:

CarolOng

Hi Mummy to Baby V,

Thanks for your reply.

Wow, u really summarise your experience well & put them across simple & clear.

Thanks once again for your feedback.

Cheers,
Carol

Hi Lis,

Thanks for yr reply!

May i know how much will you pay for a water tumbler or a sandwich box?

If a set of 4 water tumbler costs $7.85 each & comes with lifetime warranty ok? leak-proof! dont't have to wait for it to tear, once it leaks, you can do a 1 for 1 exchange.

Or a set of 4 sandwich box at $9.30 each?
if that's the case then Tupperware are very reliable to buy and to use.

CarolOng

Hi vivienshoshanna,

Thanks for commenting on this thread.

Yes, as you can see from some of the postings here, it's worth to invest the $.

The product itself is really durable. Get the item at their promo price is an even better investment. =)

Cheers,
Carol

CarolOng

Glad that i manage to do a one-to-one exchange for my mum's tupperware.

Wanted to know how fast they work & thus sent 2 containers which my mum has threw the lids away due to rat bite (very long time ago when we stayed in Geylang shop houses). Anyway, rat bites are not covered under warranty.

Those old yellow colour containers which i believe some of u might know which model i'm talking abt. Anyway, they are replacing then with their one-touch collection. but due to no lid return to them, they won't replace the lid for me, free. But i jus hv to top up a $5 & a $4 (2 containers) & i'll get back 2 BN one-touch containers.

Worth it? i feel that it's def. worth it.

Jus sharing my personal experience.

vel

I find the quality trusty and long lasting. have bought my set from a Malaysia agent instead . a lot cheaper compare to buying in singapore