IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

Rainflower

Hi, I have done my ET on 1 jul n BT to be on coming Wed, 17 Jul. for the first 3 days after ET, I had cramps then followed by fever n headaches over the next few days. I thought the cramps period is gone. However, since yesterday, I have cramps at the lower left abdominal, occasional cramps on the right. It subside in later afternoon and pain increased after dinner until now. I put axe oil n ate panadol to ease the pain. Anyone else experience the same and any other ways to ease the pain? I only slept for 4 hours and can't sleep anymore due to the sharp intense pain.

mamamag

Hello,
I'm new to forum.
Married in Dec 2011
Husband 40 yrs old
Me 36 yrs old

Recently went to KKH for a fertility test. Everything seems normal but we are deciding on IUI or IVF due to our age.
Has anyone tried IUI recently? My friends adviced me to go straight to IVF since the success rate is higher. ..:)

Hello,
I'm new to forum.
Married in Dec 2011
Husband 40 yrs old
Me 36 yrs old

Recently went to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for a fertility test. Everything seems normal but we are deciding on IUI or IVF due to our age.
Has anyone tried IUI recently? My friends adviced me to go straight to IVF since the success rate is higher. ..:)
Hi mamamag,

we just did iui in june 2013. i have PCOS and my hub's sperm has poor morphology (only 1% normal). saw dr seng shay way @ gleneagles, instead of ivf, he suggested that we try iui first. reason is because he wanted to see how my body respond to the puregon jabs so that if we proceed to ivf, he can better gauge the amount i should take. we were extremely lucky, we strike at the first try of iui. now i'm 8 weeks into the preg. we spent about $3k in total (all the medication, consultation, scans and the iui procedure itself). based on my experience, should try iui once first. you may just strike at the first go!

good luck!

happilymarried

Hello,
I'm new to forum.
Married in Dec 2011
Husband 40 yrs old
Me 36 yrs old

Recently went to KKH for a fertility test. Everything seems normal but we are deciding on IUI or IVF due to our age.

hi mamamag,

i hope you wont rush into ivf. most gynaes will still go step by step (iui x3 first, perhaps hsg if needed, then ivf). I have pcos and extremely thin lining. I have also gone for 6 iuis and 2 ivfs. 1st ivf was not successful as i rushed into it. ivf is invasive and very tough on the body. Look for a good gynae and trust him/her for the advice! My 2 cents worth... hope that helps! & Good luck! =)

mamamag

Wow yellow u r sooo lucky to strike on ur first try!

Happily married, I admire ur perseverance! I'm going through my first iui and I already feel the mental stress liao. .:(

MrsMaddox

Hey everyone. I am looking for a more local support group as there is not much info on the net about IUI in Singapore. Thank God for this forum.

I just wanted to share that my AF came earlier than expected. It arrived on Friday (20/09) afternoon. Called KKIVF & they told me to come in on Saturday (21/09) morning. Left the hospital with this! 5 days of 50 units of Puregon shots. Am on day 3 now & ultrasound on Thursday to see if my eggs are good! I'm excited. Can't believe this journey is really happening & is on its way! Spend a total of SGD220.15 on 400 units. So far, so good. Wish me luck!!

Anyone on the same journey as me? Would love to share ideas & thoughts! I am excited on the next procedure :001_302:
Puregon_Shots.jpg

Snara

Hey everyone. I am looking for a more local support group as there is not much info on the net about IUI in Singapore. Thank God for this forum.

I just wanted to share that my AF came earlier than expected. It arrived on Friday (20/09) afternoon. Called KKIVF & they told me to come in on Saturday (21/09) morning. Left the hospital with this! 5 days of 50 units of Puregon shots. Am on day 3 now & ultrasound on Thursday to see if my eggs are good! I'm excited. Can't believe this journey is really happening & is on its way! Spend a total of SGD220.15 on 400 units. So far, so good. Wish me luck!!

Anyone on the same journey as me? Would love to share ideas & thoughts! I am excited on the next procedure :001_302:
View attachment 112068
Good luck, Mrs Maddox! Glad you are feeling so much excitement :)

We're preparing for 'urgent' IVF at KK next week, our first time and our last, as I will only have 1-2 cycles before I turn 45 in November. Was just told by Dr Sadhana yesterday that my 'egg count' (don't remember what term she used) is 'very low' at 0.4. I'd say she was using a very gentle euphemism, because, as she explained, 0.7 is already considered 'bad news'. So, obviously, the odds are very much against us. But we feel we just have to give it a try.

Hope there'll be more activity soon on this thread, as it looks like I'll be joining the ranks and eager to trade stories and support.

Angelaang

Hi Mrs Maddox,

I also just did my ET on last Friday and transferred 2 x grade 4 embryos. I'm now on 2ww and will do my blood test next Friday. Praying hard that this cycle will success as this is mine 2nd time doing ivf.

Good Luck to both of us!!!!

View attachment 112068

anne78

hi all,
I'm new to this forum, though had done a bit of reading for the past few months..
My hubby and I are both 35 this year, and we had tried for the past 2 years.
It's difficult for me due to work stress and frequent travelling. My husband's sperm is of low motility and abnormal (2 heads or 2 tails). Hence my gynae proposed to go ivf directly.

Due to costs consideration, I'd obtained a referral letter to KK next monday. Feeling excited for my first visit! hopefully it will be a fruitful trip and i can start my ivf journey soon!

angelmyst

hi all,
I'm new to this forum, though had done a bit of reading for the past few months..
My hubby and I are both 35 this year, and we had tried for the past 2 years.
It's difficult for me due to work stress and frequent travelling. My husband's sperm is of low motility and abnormal (2 heads or 2 tails). Hence my gynae proposed to go ivf directly.

Due to costs consideration, I'd obtained a referral letter to KK next monday. Feeling excited for my first visit! hopefully it will be a fruitful trip and i can start my ivf journey soon!

I'm new to this forum too. My husband has less than 1% normal little soldiers as well. I went for my first visit at SGH the other day and my gynae was reluctant to send me for IVF at this stage. She wants to do other tests before proceeding to IVF.

I don't know if this is necessary at all and may be seeking a second opinion. Anyone has any comments on the doctors at SGH? I mean, I'd love to head for Gleneagles/Mt E, but gah, so expensive.

Nituna

hello ladies,

I'm new to Singapore as well as this forum. Been trying for the last 2 years and we have already tried 3 cycles of IUI (all stimulated), two in Hong Kong and one in India. my doc in HK suggested i see Prof P.C. Wong in NUH for IVF. Has anyone had treatment with him? I'm going to start my first IVF cycle in Jan 2014 and very nervous. it would be great if we started a support group to share our worries and experiences.

Linnett

Hello, I'm also new here.. i'm 29
My husband and i have been married for 5 1/2 years. TCC for 4 years. so decided to go for IVF without trying iui...
just did all the check-ups, blood test, scan... now awaiting for SGH CARE to ring me.
Planning to Start in FEB. I'm really scared of injecting myself.... haiz...
For how long do we need to inject?

Hi Linnett~
The nurse told me have to insert for a week or two?

I'm going for my briefing on the 24th.

Actually I'm scare of injections but for the sake of baby have to endure.

But I guess I have to self inject cos my hubby dun dare to inject for me... =(

Faithhope

Re: IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2014

Hi I am new to this thread. I am now at my day 2 transfer (2ww). Still feeling very crampy and bloated. What type of food that can help with that or what shall I eat during these two weeks?