Japanese sweet potato

autumn82

used my braun for the first time to puree sweet pototoes, and wah, organic sweet potatoes really taste so much better, even if research says that they are not more nutritious. :p

the blender pureed the sweet potato really fast, but the thing is I've got to keep pressing on the speed buttons or the thing won't work.

It's like that one huh? Cos at first i thought it was like press once to start, press again to stop. :001_302:
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:Ya, it's how it works.. Normal. . Not faulty.. :p

isabelandrew

i went down to braun.

Haha! I didn't know the hand blender MR4000 cannot hold non stop. must press and stop.

the motor burnt!

luckily it can be replaced. :)

annie

wah like that de ah? mine i always hold.. then sometimes i feel the motor very hot as well lol. the instruction says that cannot use continuous for more than 1 min.. if need be, have to let the motor rest for 30mins before using again! a bit ma fan imo...

autumn82

i went down to braun.

Haha! I didn't know the hand blender MR4000 cannot hold non stop. must press and stop.

the motor burnt!

luckily it can be replaced. :)
....... How long did u on it.. :tlaugh:I tot it blends up quite fast... *faintz* :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

But then, luckily can be replacd~~ :)

diymummy

Hi mummies, I recently made jap sweet potato puree for my son. I noticed somethings but not sure if it's normal. Please advise me...

1) I peel the sweet potato before steaming it and after I peel it, it turns black very fast, like oxidised... Is this ok? It's like how an apple turns brown after exposure to air for a few minutes. Normal for jap sweet potato too?
2) When I peel the sweet potato, I remember making sure that the sweet potato has no more "eyes" on it and it's a consistent yellow before steaming. But after I steam, there're black spots on the sweet potato. Are those black spots hidden "eyes"?? Is it edible by baby?

My baby got diarrhea before and I don't want him to get it again so I'm trying to be extra careful. My son is 9.5 mths currently.

Thanks.

annie

i usually steam with the skin n remove the skin after the potato is cooked. sometimes i do skin it before steaming as well (i bake it more often now as it taste better than steaming). i too have experience those black spots. i think its normal. i just give it to my girl. she seems ok

diymummy

Hi annie, when you skin it before steaming do you notice that the sweet potato will start to like oxidise? Turn slightly greyish/black like that... And after steam looks like greyish-yellow...

snowbear

Hi diymummy, it's normal for the sweet potato to turn slightly black. :) It's edible. You can actually cut the sweet potato into cute shapes too to spice up your little one's meal. Chk out my blog for some photos of the sweet potato i prepared for alicia :)

isabelandrew

Need to start this thread again -

I bought a new batch of Japanese sweet potato. Add little water and puree and then store in freezer.

but after i thaw in fridge and warm it, it became a little chunky and no smooth to feed the baby.

how ah?

snowbear

Need to start this thread again -

I bought a new batch of Japanese sweet potato. Add little water and puree and then store in freezer.

but after i thaw in fridge and warm it, it became a little chunky and no smooth to feed the baby.

how ?
yup, just add some more water to desired consistency...