Japanese sweet potato

isabelandrew

hi there, i intend to puree the above tomorrow and store in ice cube.

anyone did that and can share with me?

i should steam and then peel off the skin and then puree without water and then put in the ice cube?

how long can i store this?

stonston

Yumyum! My son's fave!

I always peel the skin first, then rinse with water, cut into smaller cubes then steam.
No additional water as there'll be some water from steaming. Then puree & store.

It's quite sticky when defrosted so you can add some water when heating up :)

snowbear

You can follow stonston's mtd or just bake e sweet potato with e skin on.

Here's e instructions from Sweet Potato Baby Food Recipes, Learn about Sweet Potato for Homemade Baby Food, the Age for Introducing Sweet Potato to Baby and more.:

Baking Sweet Potatoes for Baby Food:
1. Wash and poke holes in sweet potato with fork then wrap sweet potatoes in tin foil - do not peel for baking/microwaving.
2. Place in a 400 degreeF oven and bake for 30-60 minutes or until soft
3. Remove skins by slitting the sweet potato lengthwise when cooled then scoop out the "meat". Use a liquid from your preferred source to puree or thin the sweet potatoes.

Running the sweet potato under water after poking it with the fork makes it cook better!

annie

i did snowbear's method cos the sweet potato is very hard n difficult to cut into cubes when its raw. n its sticky when its raw..sometimes i just give my girl the baked sweet potato to bite as if biting off a banana hehe. she loves it too!

isabelandrew

thanks, all.

7 mths bb can take hor?

i dun hv oven so i hv to steam lor.btw steam how long? i bought the mini version. like what annie said, can bite off as banana.

how long did it take to defrost?

isabelandrew

shit! i just read the snow bear's article. dun keep the sweet potatoes in fridge.

i did that after buying them fm Isetan. how?

I so stupid

annie

i always go online n research on how to store food after i buy them back hehe. steam till its soft can liao. 7mths can take. no problem. i started my girl around 7th mth also i think.

stonston

How come sweet potato is sticky when raw? It's not suppose to be sticky when raw unless it's overripe. I've nvr had problems cutting it. Just a good knife will do.

isabelandrew

are u gals using Baun Hand Blender, MR4000?

i used it last 9 for the FIRST TIME. and it broke down!!!

damn it.

i just puree the sweet potato for a while and suddenly cannot on anymore!

:(

i hv to manually pick up those wout lumps for my bb to eat :eek:

annie

after peeling the skin its sticky. whether it is over ripe or not i dunno but so far it has always been the case.. n its super hard so very difficult to cut. maybe my knife not sharp enough ba i also dunno. i have no problems cutting other things though. its HARD lol.

hmm sometimes overloading or wat can cause these machines to stop but then for mine, i got a reset button which i can press if such thing happened.. then after press it can work again. sometimes i press a few times during pureeing cos it hangs halfway hehe

chiro

is it still under warranty?

are you gals using Baun Hand Blender, MR4000?

damn it.

i have to manually pick up those wout lumps for my baby to eat :eek:

stonston

damn it.

Did you cut the sweet potato into smaller pieces before blending?

It should be cooked until it's soft enough to mash. If it jams your blender, could be it's not cooked enough.

autumn82

damn it.

Dear, I'm using that blender daily for almost 7mths+. :err: So far, I did it with potatoes, sweet potatoes, pork, chicken, vegs all no problem.. I didn't chop into small pieces either. Maybe your sweet potatoes not cooked? :001_302::001_302:

isabelandrew

i steam for a long long time.

the handle is very hot.

even though i have already switched off.

gees, i dunno where is the service centre.

Ting

for me, i just skin the sweet potato, cut into tiny cubes n cook with the porridge. :)

uddermummy

used my braun for the first time to puree sweet pototoes, and wah, organic sweet potatoes really taste so much better, even if research says that they are not more nutritious. :p

the blender pureed the sweet potato really fast, but the thing is I've got to keep pressing on the speed buttons or the thing won't work.

It's like that one huh? Cos at first i thought it was like press once to start, press again to stop. :001_302: