JOINT PAIN after pregnancy

ooisy

After my 6th weeks of delivery , I feel that my joints are in pain, something like rheumatism.

To be more detailed, i can actually feel this pain specially in the morning, where the pain is at my finger joint, feet, toes,shoulder and knee. All the joint esp the fingers are very stiff. My motion is rather stiff and slow early in the morning (when i jus get out of bed), in which i will need a few minutes to fully gain my flexibility in moving free and painlessly. It not only happen in the morning but oso if i have a long car ride, which i kind of motionless for a period of abt an hour.

My baby is now 5 1/2 mths, which means that i have been suffering from this for about 3 mths. though i sometime felt that it do get better, but i m kind of scare that if it really get better thru time or i m getting use to the pain, which make me feel less pain now.

I m a first-time mom. Anyone out there have the same experience as i do? If yes, how what is the remedy and how long it take u to recover?

Last edited:

Porukadotzu

After my 6th weeks of delivery , I feel that my joints are in pain, something like rheumatism.

To be more detailed, i can actually feel this pain specially in the morning, where the pain is at my finger joint, feet, toes,shoulder and knee. All the joint esp the fingers are very stiff. My motion is rather stiff and slow early in the morning (when i jus get out of bed), in which i will need a few minutes to fully gain my flexibility in moving free and painlessly. It not only happen in the morning but oso if i have a long car ride, which i kind of motionless for a period of abt an hour.

My baby is now 5 1/2 mths, which means that i have been suffering from this for about 3 mths. though i sometime felt that it do get better, but i m kind of scare that if it really get better thru time or i m getting use to the pain, which make me feel less pain now.

I m a first-time mom. Anyone out there have the same experience as i do? If yes, how what is the remedy and how long it take u to recover?
i also have this joint pain after deliver my baby, me also first time mom. last time about 1 mth after baby arrive then i starting to feel the stiffness on my hand and my fingers even numb.. it goes up untill baby's 4th month and about 5th - 6th month it went off..

i dunno if it help you but what i do was drinking milk more..hehe

i thought i must've got that calcium deficiency coz labour and nursing the baby, plus lack of sleep makes my bones feel aching..

then now i feel kinda back to normal again.. no stiffness on my hand and fingers...

hope you'll be ok soon! dun worry it will go away and you can back to normal again! :001_302:

CanCanMum

yes wad Porukadotzu babe said is right....

calcium deficiency may be causing this.

have to start treating it or else when u go into old age yr body will be harder to absorb calcium intakes.

good milk products to take are Anlene and if u hate milk powder, can take HL milk or calcium tablets.

take care.:tlaugh:

andreaang

Hi,
Yes, I am a first-time mum delivered in Dec 08, I also experienced this pain.
I think it is because, we carried our babies (and they get heavier each day) and breastfeed and doing all the awkward positions with our arms and fingers, hence the pain. I am still experiencing the pain now.

I also try to take more calcium supplements.

sgfiona

Hi,

I'm a first-time mom also. now my bb is coming to 5 months and I have same experience too.Doctor advice me to take Calcium pills and now I take the calcium tablets and fresh goat milk everyday.:tlaugh:

CanCanMum

yes girls gotta take care of ourselves....

my mum who has just reached 60 this year has had numbness every now and then and has to take steroid jabs to ease the pains....her fingers....v jialat. But max can only take 2 jabs each finger.... But she rested well during confinement leh....think its calcium deficiency or blood circulation not good....dunno la....but our bones will be depleted of calcium during pregnancy if we do not take enuf...so please take care.

So: milk milk and more milk....:001_302:

ooisy

Thank you to all out there, now that i came to know that i am the only one having such problem, i m kind of relieved. Ya, i hated milk powder, while HL fresh milk and cheese is OK ... so should try to eat plenty of that.

ooisy

Hey, since a few of us over here have such problem, y not we list out a few of the more significant things that we do n dont do during our pregnancy and confinement, to see what mistake have we done to make us suffer... i have ask ard my friends and oso my sis none have such a problem.

During my pregnancy I do,
1) eat chesee
2) take folic acid till mth 4
3) eat plenty of fish
4) take Multi Vit table very 3 days interval, cos find it so heaty ..cos me to ve constipation
5) before my pregnancy, i go for hot yoga ... 2 to 3 time a week for almost a year, but stop completely right after i knew i m pregnant, cos of my morning sickness
6) i went for a taiwan winter trip in the mth in which i concieved, and went to the hot spring pool dip as well as it icy cold pool.

During my pregnancy, i dont
1) drink cold drink
2) never exercise not even gentle yoga
3) eat fried stuff
4) eat raw food

During my confinement, I do

1) on air cond day and night for the first 2 weeks, while during my norms routine i dont even on the fan to sleep, left alone the air cond, i only one it not more than 20 times in a year, i think.
2) wash milk bottle
3) breastfeed my bb via expressing the milk instead of direct latch. cos i need to go back n work w/i 1 n 1/2 mths so i afraid my bb cannot adapt then, while i dun want hime to miss out on the benefir of BF.
4) bath only w herbs boiled water, wash hair only after the 12th day
5) suffered from headache sometime, oso breast infectious that cos me high fever on the 40th days, that cause pain at the spine.
6) i take care of my baby at night, i nv leave him with the confinement lady
7) i take vit B6 for 30 days, and fish oil, but never take much milk
8) i do 2 package of post natal massage, 1st package i do it in my air cond bedroom which come with hot steam package, the 2nd package i nv on the air cond but she provide me a scrub session on the last / 7th day

During my confinement, i dont
1) really drink much herbs wine, cos i wanna BF, one whole mth i only consume 1/2 bottle
2) wash any laundry, ve confinement lady to help me
3) i dont blow fan directly at me.

Last edited:

CanCanMum

Hey, since a few of us over here have such problem, y not we list out a few of the more significant things that we do n dont do during our pregnancy and confinement, to see what mistake have we done to make us suffer... i have ask ard my friends and oso my sis none have such a problem.

1) eat chesee
3) eat plenty of fish
yes for me all 3) above but not 4)
4) take Multi Vit table very 3 days interval, cos find it so heaty ..cos me constipation
i take from natural sources
5) before my pregnancy, i go for hot yoga ... 2 to 3 time a week for almost a year, but stop completely right after i knew i m pregnant, cos of my morning sickness
never did
6) i went for a taiwan winter trip at which i concieved, and went to the hot spring pool dip as well as it icy cold pool.
nope

1) drink cold drink
me too
i was quite mobile, i did pilates even
3) eat fried stuff
occasionally i ate
4) eat raw food
me too

1) on air cond day and night for the first 2 weeks, while during my norms routine i dont even on the fan to sleep, left alone the air cond, i only one it not more than 20 times in a year, i think.
only on air cond at night, 24 degrees. Daytime i wear socks, slippers and long sleeves and pants.

2) wash milk bottle
did not touch a bit of water

3) breastfeed my bb via expressing the milk instead of direct latch. cos i need to go back n work w/i 1 n 1/2 mths so i afraid my bb cannot adapt then, while i dun want hime to miss out on the benefir of BF.
me too.

washed hair on baby full month

5) suffered from headache sometime, oso breast infectious that cos me high fever on the 40th days, that cause pain at the spine.
nope, never

me only once when my bb cried non-stop

i din take any milk at all

1) really drink much herbs wine, cos i wanna BF, one whole mth i only consume 1/2 bottle
i took the "Hong Zao Jiu" everyday for lunch and dinner (total= 12 bottles), + black chicken with Martell every night + drink Martell/DOM everyday after bathing

me too

3) i dont blow fan direct at me.
i did, when expressing BM and during afternoon naps, too hot liao

CanCanMum

i dun hab....but i do have backache sometimes coz my mum told me to lie down everyday during confinement but i refused....i sit down mostly....heeeee

Porukadotzu

1) eat chesee
me sumtimes
yea me too
3) eat plenty of fish
as plenty as i can handle the fishy smell
4) take Multi Vit table very 3 days interval, cos find it so heaty ..cos me to ve constipation
doctr gave me obimin
i go normal walking hehe
6) i went for a taiwan winter trip in the mth in which i concieved, and went to the hot spring pool dip as well as it icy cold pool.
not me

1) drink cold drink
i drink once a while
i do walking around the neighbourhood
3) eat fried stuff
i do eat mcD once in a while
4) eat raw food
me too never eat sushi during pregnancy

me too on ac at night but temp at 28deg...
2) wash milk bottle
me too! me too! coz me nobody help the washing at night time... hubby sleep like a log..
me too, me coz bb can not latch on properly so i express milk (manual one, i thought this manual pump also one of the caused of my hand stiffness)
i'm notty, 3 days after delivery...:001_302: but wash hair after several weeks..
i didn't get infected breast tho
me too, i dun hv conf lady, day time my mil would take care of me, the food and she wash my clothes...she actually forbid me frm touching water at all, but i feel so bad if i let her washing the baby bottles at night time also rite.. so nite time i do the washing.
i drink milo n anmum milk during confinement
8) i do 2 package of post natal massage, 1st package i do it in my air cond bedroom which come with hot steam package, the 2nd package i nv on the air cond but she provide me a scrub session on the last / 7th day
i didnt do post natal massage..

i didnt drink wine at all coz i BF, i read tat alcohol can do damage to baby's brain so im scared...hehe
my mil do my laudry
i blow fan at me sumtime coz august very very hot!

oblong

me also got same prob. my right wrist now is giving me quite a lot of agony whenever i exert it, like wash bottles and dishes or carry heavy stuff.

1) eat chesee
occasionally
took till the end
3) eat plenty of fish
occasionally
take obimin everyday
dun exercise before and during pregnancy. MS was almost thru out my 3 trimesters
didn't travel

1) drink cold drink
i take cold drinks
same, i dun exercise
3) eat fried stuff
i ate fried stuff - curry puffs, carrot cakes etc...
4) eat raw food
i ate raw food - jellyfish at sakae (couldn't resist)

no air con and fan for me at all. sat in the hall when the wind was blowing.
2) wash milk bottle
same
same. the night feeds is thru ebm
wiped body and hair everyday with herbs boiled water. bathed and washed hair on 26th day.
occasional migraines
took milk. didn't take any vitamins or fish oil
didn't do massage

same for me. my parents helped me with laundry.

Last edited:
Hi all

wow i thought i am alone. i also have pain in my knee. i have seek help from doctor and he mentiones it is the trauma and can have injection. my first son was so back that my hand cant move and have to use guard. hence bought a hand guard. so i advise those out there with pain can use hand guard dont take the injection first. well dont worry it will go away in 6 months time. well let us all endure........................:)

sgfiona

Hi,:Dancing_wub:

1) eat chesee
occasionally and drink only 4 tins of milk utill end
until 9 months
3) eat plenty of fish
occasionally but I drink a lot of soup "Hong Zhao Sui", green vegetable & fruits - Apple, Cherry & Guava.
Take everyday and eat a lot of fruits to avoid constipation
5)Morning sickness till 5 months

1) drink cold drink
i never drink cold drinks
same, i dun exercise
3) eat fried stuff I do eat mcD once in a while and eat a lot of chocolate
4) eat raw food
Never
5) Fruits
I never eat orange & banana because will caused Phlegm

No air con for me at all but fan yes because is too hot (Tak boleh tahan)

2) wash milk bottle
Never touch water at all. My confinement lady get ready the boiled water for me to wash hand, face and brush teeth .

At the day time, my baby will direct latch on, only at night confinement lady will feed my EBM by milk bottle, so that I can rest at the night.

wiped body everyday with boiled water. bathed on 12th day and washed hair on 26th day by Da Feng Chao.

Only after drink wine have suffered headache and on my last week of my confinement I have breast infectious caused me fever

No, but always sit on the bed to feed my bb

took milk + Milo & fish oil and drink a lot of herbal soup

Do for 3 days only due breast infectious caused me fever

didnt drink a lot of wine coz headache and also breastmilk for bb
No, my maid helped me with laundry.
Never
4) I don't stand up to drink water

CanCanMum

yes i did.....

ha....i just realised i din reply to your pointer no. 8 hor....lols...

i did post natal massage two times during baby full month, once after 15 days.

din really enjoy leh....