i refused.
mum got more depressed.
dad was pretty upset with my decision.
but they both slowly accepted it.
now, they love pin to bits.
she's the apple of their eye.
their gem, darling, baby.
LOLS.

i tell my dad i'm preg n wann get married than he claimly tell my mum. but my mum unaccept it n she wann me 4 abort cos i'm the onli child n she don wann mi 2 marry out so young n she don want mi 2 got america as my hb is a ABC..

Last edited:

-SRI-

For me...

Firstly told my bf.. He didnt believe it at 1st... was in shocked as he married for 5yrs till nw no kids... Want me to abort at 1st cz nt the right timing eventhough he tell me indirectly..I juz can sense it.. Nw he happie wit my pregnancy..Keep asking abt BB...

Secondly told mom... She cried.. But I didnt...Hahaha...Was cool when I told her abt my pregnancy...She said why?? why?? Juz ignore her... Ask me to abort.. I tell her can.. But why nt u try kick or punch my tummy using ur barehands? Few days ltr she quite ok wit it... But as usual.. Nag..Nag...Nag...

Thirdly told my gfs... They very supportive wit all my decisions..gave me their honest opinions & advises...

Lastly..My siblings noe abt it...but don dare to ask me... Hahaha..Maybe cz I'm quite strict at hm so no qns asked...

babypris86

for me... i break news to BF... he was shocked!! even i was shocked!!! cuz we broke off the day before only.... both of us are confused and he dragged and keep on refusing to meet my mum... in the end i break the news to my mum... she was extremely calmed and said up to me... i said i want to give birth.. so she said wan to meet bf..drag for very till mum went to his hse and told his parents... his parents are SHCOK!! but they support me to give birth no matter we wan to marry or not... cuz his parents believe abortion is not gd for me....

-SRI-

for me... i break news to BF... he was shocked!! even i was shocked!!! cuz we broke off the day before only.... both of us are confused and he dragged and keep on refusing to meet my mum... in the end i break the news to my mum... she was extremely calmed and said up to me... i said i want to give birth.. so she said wan to meet bf..drag for very till mum went to his hse and told his parents... his parents are SHCOK!! but they support me to give birth no matter we wan to marry or not... cuz his parents believe abortion is not gd for me....
Den end up u marry ur bf?

-SRI-

only stay tgt cuz his mum volunteer to look after DS for me... but haven even ROM
Oic... For my case, I wont even let my bf parents see my BB since they put all the blame all me & insult me infront of my family members... For me u hv to RESPECT me so u'll respect my BB!! Hahahaha... Min respect nt dere so i tell them to relax one cosy corner... Fuh!!

Amulet

My mum was calm.. i told her, "intro u to our new friend.." thn ask me if my bf(now ex) knows, wat i planning to do.. so i told her wat im planning to do and wat is the baby's father's reaction..
so she say, she cannot force me into anything.. and ask me to think over very carefully on my decisions.. and she gave me her support.. im totally touched by her.. :eek:10:

-SRI-

My mum was calm.. i told her, "intro u to our new friend.." thn ask me if my bf(now ex) knows, wat i planning to do.. so i told her wat im planning to do and wat is the baby's father's reaction..
so she say, she cannot force me into anything.. and ask me to think over very carefully on my decisions.. and she gave me her support.. im totally touched by her.. :eek:10:
Yeah...my mom oso supports watever decisions i made...but she oso luvs to nag & repeat herself over n over again... Fortunately there's MP3.. Juz plug to ur ears... I wanna thk He/She who invent it.. hehehe.. Nevertheless I thk mum for being dere for me always...No matter hw devil I am..I'll be an angel in her eyes... :bbiggrin:

Ting

Re: Well.Good Job.

well, i guess parents will always be parents.
hahahaha.
but i sure hope my pin wont end up like me. (slaps mouth)
:D

feathers

Sorry for digging out such an old thread, I just chanced upon it and can't help but feel so envious that your parents were so supportive. :embarrassed:

I am currently separated for 2 years, waiting for the 3 years to be up before filing for divorce. Just found out that I am pregnant and my bf is a great guy. We are both very happy but of course worried about the complicated situation I'm in right now. His family is very happy for us and has no problem accepting that I can't get married right now.

My parents on the other hand, sigh. I broke the news to my mom as she is usually the more sensible and supportive one. Screamed at me, said that she can never imagine how I am her daughter and the sad part was, the only thing she was so concerned about was not how I am or whether I can cope, it was all about my marital status. She has not broke the news to my dad but I know it will be 100 times worse.

People always say parents will never abandon or turn their back on their children. I can't say the same for my parents. They are nice decent people, just that I feel they focus too much on "face" and traditions.

I left my marriage due to domestic violence. My parents were very disappointed in me. Yes, ME, not my abusive spouse. They cannot reason what I did wrong, what I did to deserve having him dragged me across the house in the middle of the night to throw me out in only my pj, what I did to deserve the slaps, what I did to have him grab my arms and shake me till I bruise, what I did to deserve him abusing my beloved pets as well and lastly what I did to deserve having him try to strangle me.

But they still blamed me, somehow, just like many other ignorant people who love to put some blame on me and so freely use this phrase...

"It takes two hands to clap"

What they fail to realise is, it really only take ONE hand to SLAP.

My parents let me move back into the house but it was never the same. After I moved back, my dad told me that once I got married, I am no longer his daughter, so don't expect him to do anything for me.

The initial plan was to get an annulment as it was only 4 months since our customary and there was already 2 incidents he laid his hands on me. My ex backed out as he thought by doing so he can keep the flat. I didn't let him keep the flat, returned it to HDB, but we went for separation anyway. My dad even said that it serve me right I couldn't get my annulment, let me spend the next 3 years to reflect on myself!

My mom even try to talk to me so that I'll move back to my place. She even said that there are many people whose husband also are like that, and they are still doing fine!! Like this friend she knows, that friend she heard of. I was speechless. I simply told her No and there are also many woman who got beaten to death by their husband and I am not going to be one of them.

Since then, I was asked to stay away from gatherings for extended family. They hide me from my aunties and uncles as if I did a terribly shameful thing by walking out from my abusive marriage. I become the outcast.

I don't mind all that, I am just contented to have a roof over my head and a safe place for my pets. I started dating again, I got together with my current bf and eventually move in with him as I was really unhappy at home. It didn't feel like home at all.

I don't know how bad the upcoming war will be like between my parents and I, perhaps they'll disown me, I really don't care. I know I'm doing the right thing by keeping this child. I'm not an uneducated teen who got pregnant and have no idea how to raise my child. I completed my studies overseas and I am pushing 30 next year. But I am inbetween job when I got pregnant so finance might be tight. My bf is a responsible and dependable man, he is going to work harder so I don't have to work during this period. I'm really blessed to have him.

I'm just here to let off some steam and to thank everyone here for showing me how strong one can be when the need arise and for all the information provided to clear my doubts on baby bonus, birth cert, medisave, etc. I'm wondering if I have to go to ICA to declare anything after I give birth? I know single mother have to declare something right? Afterall I'm not going to be married to the father of my child, will I be considered a single mom?

Phoebii Cheng

I think you are very brave in gg through all tht......and ur decision is wise.

As for your parents, I think slowly they will accept you give them time.....

For the birth of ur bb, u dun intend to marry ur bf?

Amulet

feathers, it's so sad to read about your parents.. :(

you would have to go down to ICA to register the birth of your child since you guys are not married yet.. if im nt wrong, your bf's name can be on the birth cert, he would just need to take an oath that he is the father of the child..

but not eligible to baby bonus since unmarried.. you can still claim for the baby bonus after you guys got married, before ur child turns 7 iirc..

and entitled to 2 months paid ML instead of 4 months, if you are working..

AugBoyz

sorry to hear that feather. But after all the terrors you have went thru, this time you are going to have your own "happily ever after" =)

Last edited:

feathers

I think you are very brave in gg through all tht......and your decision is wise.

As for your parents, I think slowly they will accept you give them time.....

For the birth of your baby, you dont intend to marry your bf?
I do not dare to hope my parents will change, if they do, I'll take it as a bonus. Else I will still carry on, be happy everyday and love every twist and turn in my life. :)

We have the intention to get married. But only after my divorce is finalize, we should be looking at two years time. That will definitely be after my baby is born.