July 2008 MTB

Mrs Tay

Hi Freesia,

Not much MS just the occasional nausea feeling..how i hate it. Plus my bloatedness and no appetite is realli killing me...so bloated that i feel like cutting up my stomach to push the food down...hehehe...every morning is like so damn sianz lor...have to work and my mood is totally argh!!!!:eek:10:

LuthAdel

My Gynae charged me S$60 for scan during my last visit. I did not look at the receipt until yesterday. I intend to question her during my next visit (in one wks time) as I'm her regular client.

Actually, I'm in two minds. She is pretty good especially her stitching skills. In 2005, I had an operation to remove my endometriosis and now the scar is completely gone.

However, she only uses Gleneagles or Mt Alvernia and personally I like TMC. So I may have to see what happen later and if her package is competitive.

LuthAdel

HI Freesia

From the way you said it, your present gynae is reali expensive. Dr Chen already charging $80 for consultation, $80 for scan which is rather ex. I found other gynae charging like $50 consultation & $40 for scan. Which is almost halve the price...

Will not decide on anything then, after my visit coming Monday.

Freesia_Alps

Mrs Tay

Same here too..hungry but no appetite :nah: feeling so bloated. Got so irritated at times, omg..still hv so many more mths ahead

Lets encourage each other during tis period of time ba...jiayou!!

LuthAdel

Mind to share which gynae u are visiting? :tlaugh:

LuthAdel

Freesia Alps,
My gynae is Dr. Ang Huai Yan (Int'l Women's Clinic at clifford Centre). She is a really nice person and I can relate very well to her.

Cheers

Mrs Tay

Mrs Tay

ya loh...we must jia you. Hopefully by the 2nd trimester will be ok than can start to eat all my fav food again. Btw, hw many weeks are you pregnant? Which gynae did u go? I am visiting Dr Lim (a male gynae) from Tow Yong Clinic. Can't wait for this sat to see the scan again. Btw, does anyone noe how to relieve the irritating bloatedness?

autumn82

Hi all... I just found out I was 4 weeks pregnant last Sat... Went to see Dr Lawrence Ang.. and he did a scan (push once or twice only, ultra fast) but couldn't find anything.. So he asked me to do another urine test which showed positive as well... and asked me to go back on 15 Dec... It's normal not to see it right?? Or maybe I'm not pregnant at all?! :err:

It's my 1st time with Dr Ang.. Is he good?? Seems like he's competiting with the bullet train with his shaking legs during the consultation... Totally different from my 1st gynae, Dr Noel Leong who was sooo patient and very doc-like? :tlaugh:

Anyone knows if Dr Ang stitches well? I'll opt for a C-sec for my No.2 tis round...

Freesia_Alps

Mrs Tay

Coming to 8 weeks tis weekend..how abt u? Going for my 2nd scan n collecting blood report tonite. Hopefully everything is ok. Right now Im visiting Dr Rosalind Chong but intending to change either to Dr Poon at Poon's Clinic or Dr Y C Goh at Thomson Plaza.

Btw, I try to take more fruits n veg to ease the bloatedness and it seems to help. :Dancing_wub:

alicia

Hi gals,

I am very upset.. I went to the gynae las9 when I am supposed to be in my 7th week. Earlier on when I went on 4wks+ scan was nothing. yesterday is showing up as nothing as well. NO sac no embryo!! gynae advise me to do blood test last nite and this wednesday to determine the hcg level.

If it stays consistent I am facing a ectopic pregnancy and hav to hav surgery to remove it. If hcg level is going down, it means I am facing a miscarriage.

We are so devastated when we hear this, as the gynae said the possibility of a normal pregnancy is little. Seeing his face we know that he's just being nice, he should probably tel us that there is no chance of being normal pregnancy if at week 7 we cannot see anything. BUt he said unless the ovulation is way off delayed and hence we cannot see anything, if not by right we can see.

So that leaves my chances to either an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage. We are all sooo upset. Cried about this, cannot imagine this will happen to me... I just dont have the mood or appetite to eat anymore.

Am gg bac tomrrow nite for 2nd blood test to compare hcg levels. I pray is going up, so that I may have a chance of normal pregnancy despite my heart knows that is pretty tough.... :'-(

Anyone has any comments? Is it possible still to be normal pregnancy if 7weeks scan still showing nothing???

alicia

Hi Freesia,

Nope I do not have any bleeding or cramps at all. Intial first two weeks after I missed my menses, I did have cramps similar to menstrual. Now no more...
I feel damn suay, if 1 in 40pregnancies is ectopic and if is happening to me...
I read bleeding n pain are symptoms, but maybe I have not developed to that stage yet?

LuthAdel

Hi Alicia

I know how you feel

I just came back from the gyane and we managed to see the Gestational sac but cannot see the yolk sac. This time round the ultrasound show that my embryo is only 5 wks instead of 7.5wks old.

I'll need to do another scan at the end of next week to see if the yolk sac appears and if not, bad news.

My gynae said that she has seen instances where gestational sac & the yolk sac appears later than the normal frame so I"m really crossing my fingers now.

I hope that yours would be ok and do get a second opinion just to make sure. Did you have a trans vaginal scan or the normal over the tummy scan? I did the trans vaginal scan as it can pick up details more at this stage.

alicia

Hi LuthAdel,

I just did the tummy scan and asked for a v-scan. But gynae says by 7weeks, we should see and v-scan or tummy, is the same...

That means besides the G-sac, embryo, we also require a yolk sac? What does it mean if without a yolk sac? And why does it shows u as 5.5weeks instead, meaning your ovulation started late too?

As I am doing the blood test (yesterday and tomorrow) the hcg level will tel me clearly if is rising I am still ok, but if stays constant or lower I am either ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage. So I am not seeking 2nd opinion yet. I will know the results on Friday.

Is very upsetting to be looking forward to seeing something and yet nothing is appearing. Worst is, you could be in for a surgery for a bad cause.

Hope all goes well for you Luthadel.

LuthAdel

Hi Alicia,

If by normal calculation, I should be 7.5 wks but the scan showed the gestational sac measuring around 15.8mm so that equates to gestational age of 5 wks. very confusing.

The gestational sac is just the amniotic fluid, you'll need to see the yolk sac which is linked to the fetus. If the yolk sac is not there, it means no fetus yet.

Check this link, there is a similar case to yours (as a reference point)

The Misdiagnosed Miscarriage :: View topic - 6w4d Confused - No Gestational Sac on u/s

We were disappointed too not being able to see our little yolk sac today but I'm going to keep my spirit high and just pray that God will bless us with our little yolk sac appearance next week :)

Hang in there and I hope all goes well for you too Alicia

Last edited:

alicia

HI Luthadel

Thanks for the link. I sure hope my case is same as the link you sent! hopefully my blood tests will prove the gynae wrong.

You too, enjoy your pregnancy and do not think so much!

Hope we have good news by next week!! When is your next scan?

LuthAdel

Hi Alicia,

My next scan is schedule on 22Dec, Friday. So I'm really going to "talk" to my developing baby to show him/her self to us :)

I'm still keeping my hopes high. I just read an article over the internet that in Hong Kong, they will not dismiss the pregnancy as failure if the gestational sac is not over 25mm.

So I'm going to wait and just hope that everything is ok for the both of us :)

Strange that you gynae did not want to use Vscan on you 'cos if trans abdominal scan cannot show, they will usually proceed with Vscan just to be sure.

Do get a second opinion just to get things right.

alicia

HI Luthadel
I prompted him for a V-scan since tummy scan did not show anything. HE declined saying that is gg to be the same, as by week 7 we should be able to see veri clearly. I read that there are chances that a tilted uterus could also means not seeing anything with a tummy scan...

My cols encourage me to seek 2nd opinion too. I told my hubb but he says wait fior the blood test results to tell us clearly if we are progressing fine 1st.... This is causing me alota sadness and worries in my heart... Why must it happen to me, not having a normal pregnancy....

Yeah you should talk to the bb often too... link with the bb... connect.... and bb will show up soon. :)

LuthAdel

Hi Alicia,

We could not wait so we went for a 2nd opinion last night. This doctor said the same thing that he could not see the yolk sac & the fetal pole but at least he was more assuring as he offered some alternative.

He offered hormone injection plus hormone pills to help the developing embryo to grow (presuming that it is a late bloomer) and said that there are cases where the fetus was only seen at 8-9weeks. I have to go thru 5 injections and take 3 tablets daily for 2 weeks . If all else fail, we know we had given our unborn child a chance.
Here is anothe site that we found to be very encouraging and useful.

The Misdiagnosed Miscarriage :: View Forum - Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories

Also, it is very strange that your doctor would declined to give you a transvaginal scan as this is the more accurate scan during the early stages of pregnancy.

Do seek a second opinion and don't take the surface answer as a definite dead end. For us, we are intending to wait out and see if my baby is going to appear next week, even if we don't get to see it next week, I'll still continue to wait until nature take its course. Look at the link I send you and you'll understand why.

Take care now and be positive, at least you managed to get pregnant and know that you're capable of becoming a mother :)

Last edited:

alicia

HI Luthadel

Yes I have been reading this link u sent me since.... Indeed v encouraging... I told my hubb of wat I read in this site, of possible tilted uterus for our case, to the possibility of unfavourable HCG levels due to twins hormones. BUt he has been trying to tell me not to b too hopeful, as these are rare cases, he sensed that the gynae should know better.

He is worried I read too much and I bcome hopeful, then the greater the pain if it turns out otherwise. But I am not gg to sit here and do nothing. I will be gg for my 2nd blood test tonite. Friday I will hear fr the gynae. BUt in mean time, I will also try to book appointment with another to seek 2nd opinion.

Dont you agree such news fr gynae is very discouraging... IT reali makes me worried sick hearing it fr a professional... BUT i will not give up like u do... At least u r doing soemthing from a 2nd opinion, and hearing all the aides he has been giving you, I am sure you are also light hearted abit... :)

BTW can you tel me this 2nd gynae u went to? Mayb I will give it a try too!

LuthAdel

Hi Alicia,

I'm glad that you're holding strong and seeking second opinion. It is always good to know that you're not alone and there are exceptional cases of miracles. If all else fail you know you've done your very best.

The 2nd doctor that I go to is Dr. Kee of WH Kee's clinic.
He is currently on vacation and will be back on 21Dec (Friday).

There are 2 places that he is seeing patients
1. Jurong Point (evenings)
2. Thomson Medical Centre

I'm not sure if I can post his contact here but you can email me at adelineteo07@gmail.com.

You know, not all professional are PROFESSIONAL. In the course of routine duties, sometimes they just take the textbook guideline forgeting that each of us are different and will develop in different pace.

All my support for you and do keep me posted :)

alicia

HI Luthadel

Guess I cannot wait till 22Dec. i will probably go next week after Friday, when this gynae tells me the results he can see fr my blood test... Do not want to carry on further guessing and worrying. I want to do this fast..
Thanks for yoru contacts anyway!

I praying hard for u too. Please keep me posted too!! :)

Will go source for a gynae (intro me if you hav experienced 1) and update you again bac here!! thanks zillion!!

take care and stay happy!!