July 2008 MTB

Freesia_Alps

Alicia & LuthAdel

Stay strong. In any worst case, at least ur hv alr tried ur best.

Alicia, u may try Dr Y C Goh at Thomson Plaza or Dr CH Koh at Toa Payoh Central.

In the meantime, do take care. :smile:

LuthAdel

Hi Freesia Alps,

Thank you for your encouragment :)

I just went for my 2nd injection of Pregnyl this morning and now just feeling more relaxed abeit still worring if my little one will show soon.

I will keep you posted so that if anyone is in the same situation as I'm, they will have some ideas of what measures to try.

Cheers, Everyone :)

alicia

HI Freesia

Thanks for your well wishes!!
The gynaes u recommended, are they more positive? I am not convinced as I went for my second blood test last nite and the first thing the gynae said was "After this test, we will know if hcg level is decreasing, will m/c naturally, if not we gota arrange for an ops to remove it (ectopic)"

Do not exactly like this kinda resignation to fate. He is very pessimistic abt my case... that he leave no chances for normal pregnancy... I asked him if possible that it is smaller than usual hence cannot see still? He said no la, do not think so. I asked what if I still do not bleed etc and not having symptoms of m/c or ectopic, can I still wait? He said dun wait til start to bleed and take cahnces as it is dangerous, espcially ectopic is life threatening.

Very demoralised aft meeting him. Tmr is my results out. I will seek 2nd opinion but hope that the gynae can offer me solutions (like LuthAdel's case seeking 2nd opinion) rather than being pessimistic abt my case and waiting to m/c.

LuthAdel, U are rite, if anything else fails, at least we tried our best!!
Keep staying strong!!

LuthAdel

Hi Alicia,

It is true that ectopic pregnancy is more complicated but if you still do not have any major pain or cramping, you don't have to rush for the op until you seek 2nd opinion. I'm no doctor but the fact that your current gynae did not even want to use Vscan as a secondary step is puzzling. If it is really an ectopic pregnancy, you should be able to see a shadow or sac on your tube. I don't think transabodminal is able to pick that up. I had endometriosis 2 yrs ago and it was only picked up via Vscan.

Dr. Kee is a very patient guy and according to his nurse, he will move with your pace unless it is exremely dangerous due to medical reason. He will be back in the clinic on Friday 21Dec as I'm seeing him for my last jab and also to do a scan to see if my little one shows up this time. (I'm seeing him at Jurong Point in the evening)

Do you want to give him a try? I know waiting is torturing but beats any "what if" at later stage. At least I know he is a positive guy.

Last edited:

alicia

HI LuthAdel

I will love to visit WH Kee as well after hearing fr the positive actions he has taken for your case. But I am not sure if I can wait till next Friday. I am considering to visit Roy Ng at Toa Payoh for 2nd opinion, any ideas abt him?

I reali dread the results tmr fr the gynae. Even though I know I will seek 2nd opinion, but hearing the results fr him will be almost stamped as CONFIRMED. Is pretty scary.... :'( Unless the results tmr shows good signs and I will want to visit WH Kee as I will definitely want to change gynae if all turns out well.

BTw wana ask u gals, if results tmr is reali not favourable, will u gals still seek 2nd opinion to be exactly sure?

LuthAdel

Hi Alicia,

I'm not familar with Dr. Roy Ng at Toa Payoh but no harm giving him a try.

Well, if I were you YES! I'll definitely seek second opinion even if the result is not favourable (unless spotting appears & cramping also started).

I really hope your result turns out well and prove that jackass doctor of yours wrong! :p

Freesia_Alps

Hi Alicia

Yes, I will definitely seek for a 2nd opinion too. Im quite surprised y he refused to do a V-scan for u and wat makes him so sure its ectopic pregnancy. Whether is it gd/bad news tmr, for me, I will definitely change gynae.

My sis in law oso facing the same situation in Oct. Couldnt see fetus and she experienced severe cramp n bleeding. Admitted to hospital n gynae suspected its ectopic but did not perform any op on her immediately. Instead she has to go thru numerous blood test n scan to ascertain the cause of it.

I agree with LuthAdel. Y dun u wait till 22 dec which is nxt Fri for the gynae to be back since u do not experience any cramp or bleeding? I knw its mental torturing but it beats than going ard to search for a positive gynae at tis moment of time which u do not hv any idea on heh..

Hang on there n be strong, alicia n luthadel...

alicia

HI LuthAdel & Freesia,

Thanks for the advice you gals given, it makes me more positive.

I called WH KEE clinic and the assistant told me patiently to wait for the report tomorrow. If I want to seek 2nd opinion Dr Kee is bac on 21DEC but is fully booked. She will recommend another gynae for me.

So that leaves me with no choice as even next week I am also unable to consult Dr Kee... Will have to seek another gynae advice.

Freesia_Alps

Alicia

Dr C H Koh is vy popular and he's often fully booked.

From wat I heard from my sis in law, Y C Goh is quite gd with personal touch but personally I hv not been to him cos Im seeing another gynae at the moment.

You may give him a try if u wish to.

Do update us on ur progress.

LuthAdel

Hi Alicia,

Which clinic did you try? I just call the clinic and since I know the nurse fairly well (saw her this morning for my jab, super friendly and nice lady) she can squeeze you in for 21Dec! Just call the nurse Irene and tell her that you're my friend :p

Are you able to go in the morning or afternoon? If so, Dr. Kee is available at 11.30am & some afternoon slots at Thomson Medical. Jurong Point is full for the evening but if you can squeeze some time, try to book your appointment at Thomson.

Hope this help!

Last edited:

alicia

Hi LuthAdel

I called Irene back, she immed ask me if is your friend haha... I am glad she gave me a slot. But she did warn me Dr Kee maybe busy since its his first day back, and the wait can be long...

Thanks for your help! Anyway will keep u gals posted of my news tmr for the blood test.

I found this link that talks about him. I wish I can see him now!! They all say he's very reassuring dr.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/126308.html?1090287268

alicia

Hi Luthadel & Freesia

I am no longer pregnant. Last Friday the Dr called and told me my blood test results shows declining (which is rising, he was wrong at reading the dates!!) and I immediately seek 2nd opinion in the aftn. I had to undergo an ops, an ectopic pregnancy was discovered at my fallopian tube, the baby was with heartbeat!!

Devastated, but I have to go thru it. Now I am discharged and restin at home. Nothing can describe my loss. From being pregnant to not being pregnant, from worrying about seeing nothing to seeing a sac and bb with heartbeat to killing it off. I feel veri empty and sad. I felt I have taken a life. They say is all pre-destined, but I cannot take it gracefully yet. I am still weeping whenever I think abt the baby I have no chance to meet.

Hope your pregnancies go on smoothly!! My best wishes goes out to u gals... Take care!!

LuthAdel

Dear Alicia,

I'm so sorry for your lost. My prayers are with you for quick recovery and healing of your heart.

No words can explain the pains that you're going through at this moment and it will always be on all mother's mind of such events. Be strong and heal well.

My wishes goes out to you too.

Vone

*comforts alicia* Take Care =(

Do a mini confinement. Have plenty of rest. TTC again after your womb has recovered.
Be positive and take good care of yourself. *prays for u*

Last edited:

Vone

LuthAdel ^^ I went to Dr Kee's Clinic today at Jurong Point to collect my pills >_< Had Urine Tract Infection =( Umm... If it's today i might be able to see u there ^^ The nurses at Dr Kee's Clinic are very friendly . Hehe i knoe Irene a very nice lady She called me and asked me to go collect my medicine ^^ Well be seeing Dr Kee next Thursday again for another round of check up.. Take Care! ^^ *prays for u*

Last edited:

LuthAdel

Hi Vone,

Thank you for your prayers :) I went to Dr. Kee's clinic at Jurong Point yesterday around 7.45pm. Were you there?

Anyway, I had my scan at 9 weeks and it still shows an empty gestational sac. We discussed with Dr. Kee and decided to let nature take its course, i.e. naturally miscarriage rather than going for the D&C. However, I'm going for a final scan at Thomson Medical Imaging centre on Monday. Dr. Kee said that their machine is a lot more advance and powerful so we shall see. If it still shows an empty gestational sac, I'll just wait for things to happen :(

*sigh* Will definitely TTC again asap as my age is really catching up.

Take good care of yourself Vone and may you have a beautiful and healty baby :)

Last edited:

Vone

Hi Vone,

Thank you for your prayers :) I went to Dr. Kee's clinic at Jurong Point yesterday around 7.45pm. Were you there?

Anyway, I had my scan at 9 weeks and it still shows an empty gestational sac. We discussed with Dr. Kee and decided to let nature take its course, i.e. naturally miscarriage rather than going for the D&C. However, I'm going for a final scan at Thomson Medical Imaging centre on Monday. Dr. Kee said that their machine is a lot more advance and powerful so we shall see. If it still shows an empty gestational sac, I'll just wait for things to happen :(

*sigh* Will definitely TTC again asap as my age is really catching up.

Take good care of yourself Vone and may you have a beautiful and healty baby :)

Hi LuthAdel,

I was there at about 7.15pm ! It was really packed with ppl. Guess i missed the chance of seeing u. Sorry to hear that :( Maybe Baby will show himself/herself to Mummy soon. Don't worry. Thanks LuthAdel =D I'm totally exhausted from taking care of my ds ! U might wanna add me to msn =D chelsea026@hotmail.com

Vone

alicia

Hi Luthadel,

Its me trying to catch up with your developments... the sac still empty means will M/C on your own? What are the reasons for this?

Hope you will be able to handle it too, if reali someth bad is gg to happen... How old are you btw?

Had followup with dr yesteday, he said both my tubes are badly infected and asked if I had M/C before which I did not (or not that I am aware of if menses just passed out..) and he stated my tubes 'not healthy' state. He said he will concentrate on healing me now, for TTC part, we will talk later. It seems hes not confident about my next pregnancy at all. He did mention if I do get pregnant is likely to be ectopic lookin at my tubes state...

Tho I am not keen to TTC now as I am rather scare it will turn out bad again. But the thought of not having my own bb still doesnt feel good... It is the saddest Xmas I have ever have to spend...

Anyway Vone & Luthadel, all the best wishes from me to you gals!! keep me updated!!

LuthAdel

Hi Alicia,

So nice to hear from you and I hope that you're feeling better now though it will take time to heal the heart.

Well, if the scan at the hospital tomorrow still shows an empty sac, then I'll just wait for natural miscarriage to happen. Doctors and most website said the same thing, that due to chromosonal defects, the mother's body will recognised it as a non-viable development and thus re-absorb the embryo thereby leaving an empty sac. The sac will continue to grow not knowing that the fetus is gone. It is only when the hormone starts to deplete due to the lack of fetus development that causes the miscarriage. So it is a matter of when for me now :s

Also, I did check with Dr. Kee about ectopic pregnancy and asked him what chances woman has to conceive again. He did mention that if the tubes are bad, they will normally remove it in the case of ectopic pregnancy but will retain the ovaries. This is so that the couple could still have their babies via IVF as your ovaries are still rich with eggs.

So, do not despair that you'll not have your own bb, just heal yourself now and try later via assisted pregnancy. Also, i think under baby bonus, you can claim a certain portion of the $ for assisted pregnancy as well. Here a link to the site Ministry of Health: Introduction to Marriage and Parenthood Schemes - Usage of Medisave.

I'm 37 this year and you can imagine how I feel. However, I will try again once my body recovers. Will do a mini confinement for 1 weeks just to ensure that I'm ok.

Will keep you posted but I was thinking of emailing rather that posting here as this is supposed to be for M-T-B and I don't want to crowd the space with our reports that could dampen some spirits. Here's my email: adelineteo07@gmail.com

To all mums-to-be, I wish you all the best :)