Kitchen sink gave way (corroded)

CanCanMum

I'm at this stage .... totally separated!!
OMG...........headache...........yours is undermount sink mehhhh

if tatz this case, might be the wood is too thin to hold the sink properly izzit

Ermmm portable sinks berrri ugly lehhhhh lOlzzzzzzzzzzz

Angelmum

Cant you insist you dont want any wood to be there? You are the one paying for the renovation. Tell the contractor what you want and put in black and white.

Look good dont mean last long. For me I prefer things that will last longer than look good.

If I dont get a gd quote on concrete, I think I'll get a portable sink ....till everything reach their 'expiry date' then I opt for a totally new Kitchen reno!:001_302:

Angelmum

OMG...........headache...........yours is undermount sink mehhhh

if tatz this case, might be the wood is too thin to hold the sink properly izzit

Ermmm portable sinks berrri ugly lehhhhh lOlzzzzzzzzzzz

Contractor said I was cheated cos the wood used not just inferior but TOO THIN to hold the sink!

CanCanMum

the wood looks too thin to hold the sink coz the remainder space is like so small lehhhhhzzzzzzz

haizzzzzz beta redo whole thing.

CanCanMum

Contractor said I was cheated cos the wood used not just inferior but TOO THIN to hold the sink!
so tats the stand u r tokkin about Huhhhh

i was thinking of some wooden legs lOlzzzzzzzz

anyway YESH some contractors use thin ply to do the cabinet tat holds the sink, its only inviting trouble for themselves

coz not even solid enuff to support the sink, how to hold the weight, coz normally pple dump pots/pans fulla water into the sink, so years to come, will give way and detached~~~

CanCanMum

If I dont get a good quote on concrete, I think I'll get a portable sink ....till everything reach their 'expiry date' then I opt for a totally new Kitchen reno!:001_302:
actually i dunnn find a need to do it in concrete

juz redo a new wooden base tat is solid enuff to hold the sink.

save trouble oso

the portable sink might be a temp option, but its ugly laaaaaaaa :001_302:

Gladys

My maid displayed annoyed/unwilling to change her style when I reminded her not to leave water on the wooden part.

thanks!

err, didnt see any pic .....
My contractor told me concrete + wood to cover the concrete sink support and blend with my existing Zen design is above $1000, excluding kitchen top . We are using the existing cabinet doors (2). With kitchen top (matching tiles), cost about $1500.

I attached pic again. Now I also headache how to solve it. Presently mine is also cabinet and that time the contractor also not willing to let me do concrete. tell me wood is better and nicer. I did not think of it so much at that time. Now if change cost me a bomb. The contractor has closed shop alr give me a 5 years warrantly also no use. It has 3 years only.

Attachments

CanCanMum

I attached pic again. Now I also headache how to solve it. Presently mine is also cabinet and that time the contractor also not willing to let me do concrete. tell me wood is better and nicer. I did not think of it so much at that time. Now if change cost me a bomb. The contractor has closed shop already give me a 5 years warrantly also no use. It has 3 years only.
OMG.............................

Angelmum

GOOD IDEA~~~~i can have bizzz lOlzzzzzzz

*blink blinks*
:tlaugh:

so tats the stand you r tokkin about Huhhhh

i was thinking of some wooden legs lOlzzzzzzzz

anyway YESH some contractors use thin ply to do the cabinet that holds the sink, its only inviting trouble for themselves

coz not even solid enuff to support the sink, how to hold the weight, coz normally pple dump pots/pans fulla water into the sink, so years to come, will give way and detached~~~

Mine call undermount sink?
They not in trouble, I'm in cos no Warranty laah! Why no warranty .... long story .... :( :(

actually i dunnn find a need to do it in concrete

just redo a new wooden base that is solid enuff to hold the sink.

the portable sink might be a temp option, but its ugly laaaaaaaa :001_302:
Dunn want laah, wood gave me problem, Scared already! Concrete last longer! Portable ugly but temporary save my problem ... hope will last me 3yrs then I go find u for kitchen reno :001_302: :Dancing_tongue:

Angelmum

I attached pic again. Now I also headache how to solve it. Presently mine is also cabinet and that time the contractor also not willing to let me do concrete. tell me wood is better and nicer. I did not think of it so much at that time. Now if change cost me a bomb. The contractor has closed shop already give me a 5 years warrantly also no use. It has 3 years only.

:eek: eeeeeeeeeee, can't eat 1
Any reason why? Shitake mushroom favourite kind of wood was used?

CanCanMum

:tlaugh: Mine call undermount sink?
They not in trouble, I'm in cos no Warranty laah! Why no warranty .... long story .... :( :(:Dancing_tongue:
undermount sink = sink sits on the wood/concrete base, granite on top

above mount sink = sink sits on granite top

which one is yours? lOlzzzzz

Angelmum

undermount sink = sink sits on the wood/concrete base, granite on top

above mount sink = sink sits on granite top

which one is yours? lOlzzzzz

At the moment is undermount = granite on top

Actually my bro suggested sink sits on granite top but the wood has corroded thus no support to hold the granite weight, not forgetting how heavy the sink and all the pots and pans my maid loved to throw in for hours b4 she washes!

CanCanMum

At the moment is undermount = granite on top

Actually my bro suggested sink sits on granite top but the wood has corroded thus no support to hold the granite weight, not forgetting how heavy the sink and all the pots and pans my maid loved to throw in for hours before she washes!
Oic

undermount = cannot be blamed, such things happens

so far outta so many clients i did cabinetry for, only 2 requested for undermount sinks.

I told them in years to come, this MIGHT happen, but i said MIGHT, not WILL happen lOlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

tats one of the bad things about undermount sink

but if its done properly, undermount sinks can last pretty long......

anyway YESHHH if u were to redo, please do abovemount.

Gladys

Oic

undermount = cannot be blamed, such things happens

so far outta so many clients i did cabinetry for, only 2 requested for undermount sinks.

I told them in years to come, this MIGHT happen, but i said MIGHT, not WILL happen lOlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

tats one of the bad things about undermount sink

but if its done properly, undermount sinks can last pretty long......

anyway YESHHH if you were to redo, please do abovemount.

Hi Cancanmum.

May I check with abovemount will there be any problem water splash all over the places. What is the pro & con between the abovemount and undermount sinks.

Any problem that I encounter is the sink. The sink is a stainless steel and it can get water vapour of the bottom of the sink. We cook every meal. Which mean the sink outside get wet very easily. Anyone encounter this kind of problem. For example like putting a few ice in the cup and the outside of the cup has many drop of water.

Angelmum

Which mean the sink outside get wet very easily. Anyone encounter this kind of problem. For example like putting a few ice in the cup and the outside of the cup has many drop of water.

me! me!
Thot was due to poor sink workmanship ..... not huh :err: