KK Women's clinic at Ang Mo Kio (satellite clinic)

XenXuan

Hi, my 1st pregnancy from conceived to gave birth, I was at KKH(the 1 near bugis) too.but nv hear about this KKH satelite clinic in amk. 24weeks in my 2nd pregnancy now, still with KKH as I don't know where else is better n charges like. Was referred there from polyclinic. Wonder if I could switch over to this satellite clinic as amk is nearer to my place in yishun than go al e way to novena/bugis area..

My experience with them seems acceptable as I gave birth in march n was a b2 ward patient.. My friends who gave birth there in sept/oct seems to have bad experiences as the hospitals tend to be overcrowded at that point of year. Only the appointments visits monthly n weekly there bothering me, whole visit can take up to 1-2hrs ,from register to make payment/appointment,actual see ur gynae time only that 10-20mins. If there's scanning tp be done,take even longer time..can spend the whole afternoon there waiting.

I thinking if there is possible for me to switch hospitals to give birth in?or directly change now from my follow up appointments till due date?can anyone advice?

chocydolly

Hi All,

We are also interested in this clinic. But I dont see any specific website for it or any contact number. Its address is just mentioned in the Kandang Kerbau Hospital's main website, thats it.

No list of Gynae's for this clinic also.

So my questions are:

1)What are the timings for this clinic? Is it 24 hours just like Kandang Kerbau Hospital?
2)Where can I get the list of Gynae's at this clinic?
3)Can you please recommend some good gynaes at this clinic?
4)What are the pre natal visit costs like at this clinic?
5)If we choose a gynae at this clinic will we have to do the delivery at the clinic or at Kandang Kerbau Hospital? What are the costs like?

Sorry for so many questions. But we really have no idea how it works here.
Any advise or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Revhappy
Hi Revhappy! I will try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. :)

1)What are the timings for this clinic? Is it 24 hours just like Kandang Kerbau Hospital?
Mon&Fri: 3-5pm, 5.30-8.30pm. Tues-Thurs: 5.30-8.30pm.
Sat: 9am-4pm. Sunday: 9-12pm.
2)Where can I get the list of Gynae's at this clinic?
The best is to call them and ask. Im not sure. You can call them at 64534688.
3)Can you please recommend some good gynaes at this clinic?
I only know John Tee and Wong HF (the latter being my ob-gyn). You can try and find out more about them from this forum. Dr Tee is very popular. :)
4)What are the pre natal visit costs like at this clinic?
Prenatal? I suppose it will be the same like antenatal - depends on whether they are senior consultants or consultants.. things like that. Best is call and ask.
5)If we choose a gynae at this clinic will we have to do the delivery at the clinic or at Kandang Kerbau Hospital? What are the costs like?
The clinic can only do the simple things like simple scanning, blood test, etc. You still have to go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for your delivery. I think you can find out more about costs here: Home - KK Women's and Children's Hospital

Hope this helps! :)

PS. Niral, I asked Dr. Wong about his schedule, and I was right, he will be on reservist 2 weeks before your appoinment. :) Your assumption about him being not serious is wrong, so dont worry.

chocydolly

Hi XenXuan! :)

Congrats on your second pregnancy! IMHO, KKH is a good choice, so I dont theres a need to change hospitals.
From your post, I deduce that you are a subsidized patient. If yes, you are a subsidized patient, then if Im not wrong, you can only go to KKH and join the looonggg queue of other people to see the gynae. :( Ive heard that some hospitals are worse.
If you go to the AMK clinic, you will be considered a private patient and can only go to A or B1 wards. Charges are also different, but you will save alot of time and heartpain. The AMK clinic is just a clinic that allows you to see your gynae to do simple checks without having to go all the way to KKH. You still have to go to KKH for the delivery.

I think if you dont mind spending abit more, you should switch to private patient. No need to change hospitals.
If budget is an issue, then there's no choice, the route you are taking is the cheapest.

XenXuan

Hi chocydolly, thanks for the advice.. I din choose KKH cuz it's e cheapest, but cuz I din noe what other choices is there.. Will consider changing to a private patient n go to the AMK satellite clinic as it is nearer n easier for me..All that long queue can torture me ESP when I have a 2yr old toddler, can't spend such wasted time.. My delivry experience with KKH seems fine , its only the apointments n check ups tat pissed me off.. Do u noe if I can change over to other hospitals? Like from now onwards or when I give birth, I directly go to other hospitals? Currently researching into other hospitals charges n details, will most likely change something if nothing goes wrong..

lulu

Xenxuan:

I think it'll be good for you to call the hospitals and ask them to email you their packages. That's what i do then you can see the differences.

I've just checked out the prices with KKH if I were to visit KK Clinic @ AMK and i think the charges are not cheap. The doc's consultation is $67 for subsequent visits (first visit $90+), BUT this excludes ultrasound scanning. Scanning will be charged separately as and when required and this will cost another $90+ per scan. If i compare this to private doc @ private hospital, the charges is $75 (subsequent visits) including scanning on every visit. KKH doesn't offer any package for outpatient visits. They said they used to offer, but no longer do so.

And the maternity package that KKH offers (as private patient) is not cheap either...esp for normal delivery, it's comparable to other private hospitals, especially Mt Alvernia & TMC. The gynae's fee @ KKH (esp if you choose a senior consultant) is comparable to gynaes at other private hospitals if you come in as private patient.
I think KKH is only cheaper if you are a subsidized patient.

If you're into gov't hospitals, NUH may be a good option too b/c i read that besides KKH, NUH is the most well-equipped hospital for delivery. The charges are slightly cheaper than KKH, but i heard the environment is better, and i see many ppl recommended Prof Biswas @ NUH. I was referred to him for my FA scan, and he's a nice guy. I considered NUH but ruled that out because of the distance from home.

Don't think it's advisable to change the hospital at the last minute ....b/c you need to get a gynae who can deliver at that hospital.

XenXuan

Hi lulu, thanks for the advice too.. Still considering all the choices,budget to prepare n other issues like area problems for now.. Will try to come up with a decision as soon as we could cuz I'm already 24weeks pregnant..^^

Hi
My gynae at KKH AMK satellelite clinic uses the ultrasound scan on me during every visit, but my bill per visit so far is still within $90, or max $100, inclusive of consultation, scan, medication, urine test, so it is not true that the ultra sound scan costs additional $90.

But if it is for very detailed scanning of baby done at ard 4 months ,n blood test, that would be ard $400, done at KKH itself

lulu

@ zazaziya: really? hmmm...i called kkh hotline twice to verify this "extra" for scanning and the staff told me the same thing twice.
is your doc snr consultant?

v0nne

@ zazaziya: really? hmmm...i called Kandang Kerbau Hospital hotline twice to verify this "extra" for scanning and the staff told me the same thing twice.
is your doc snr consultant?
Hi lulu , personally im with amk satellite clinic , and im in my 29weeks today .
Each visit , i paid around $62-$72 , include scanning ( baby picture given) , urine test , blood pressure . i'm under doc wee h.Y , his one of the head for dont know which department , and he's quite good . When i go for my detail scan , i paid around , $60 for the scan only .

v0nne

Hi XenXuan! :)

Congrats on your second pregnancy! IMHO, Kandang Kerbau Hospital is a good choice, so I dont theres a need to change hospitals.
From your post, I deduce that you are a subsidized patient. If yes, you are a subsidized patient, then if Im not wrong, you can only go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital and join the looonggg queue of other people to see the gynae. :( Ive heard that some hospitals are worse.
If you go to the AMK clinic, you will be considered a private patient and can only go to A or B1 wards. Charges are also different, but you will save alot of time and heartpain. The AMK clinic is just a clinic that allows you to see your gynae to do simple checks without having to go all the way to Kandang Kerbau Hospital. You still have to go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for the delivery.

I think if you dont mind spending abit more, you should switch to private patient. No need to change hospitals.
If budget is an issue, then there's no choice, the route you are taking is the cheapest.
Hi chocodolly , just to add on something as from what i got to know . upon admission for private patients , you can switch to subsidized . so atucally , it depends on one self . but baby wont be deliver by our gynae , but the midwife :)

yinching

Hi chocodolly , just to add on something as from what i got to know . upon admission for private patients , you can switch to subsidized . so atucally , it depends on one self . but baby wont be deliver by our gynae , but the midwife :)
Hi,

Im YC, I went for my 1st time visit at K K Women's clinic, it cost me around $100 plus, include scanning ( baby picture given) , urine test , blood pressure . i'm under doc wong H F. My next apptn will be 29 Apr 11, I will see what is the charges for my 2nd visit. Now Im 10 weeks plus as I took my blood test yesterday for Down Syndrome. I have to take the scanning on 21st apptn. hopefully all turn well.

zanissa

Xenxuan:

I think it'll be good for you to call the hospitals and ask them to email you their packages. That's what i do then you can see the differences.

I've just checked out the prices with Kandang Kerbau Hospital if I were to visit KK Clinic @ AMK and i think the charges are not cheap. The doc's consultation is $67 for subsequent visits (first visit $90+), BUT this excludes ultrasound scanning. Scanning will be charged separately as and when required and this will cost another $90+ per scan. If i compare this to private doc @ private hospital, the charges is $75 (subsequent visits) including scanning on every visit. Kandang Kerbau Hospital doesn't offer any package for outpatient visits. They said they used to offer, but no longer do so.

And the maternity package that Kandang Kerbau Hospital offers (as private patient) is not cheap either...esp for normal delivery, it's comparable to other private hospitals, especially Mt Alvernia & Thomson Medical Center. The gynae's fee @ Kandang Kerbau Hospital (esp if you choose a senior consultant) is comparable to gynaes at other private hospitals if you come in as private patient.
I think Kandang Kerbau Hospital is only cheaper if you are a subsidized patient.

If you're into gov't hospitals, NUH may be a good option too b/c i read that besides Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH is the most well-equipped hospital for delivery. The charges are slightly cheaper than Kandang Kerbau Hospital, but i heard the environment is better, and i see many ppl recommended Prof Biswas @ NUH. I was referred to him for my FA scan, and he's a nice guy. I considered NUH but ruled that out because of the distance from home.

dont't think it's advisable to change the hospital at the last minute ....b/c you need to get a gynae who can deliver at that hospital.
I agree! I just rang KK this morn and was told the consultation fee for first visit is $91 @ AMK, by snr gynae. I rang another pte clinic in Sengkang and was told they only charge $64, and a reasonable $20+ for scan. I was like '?? KK more ex than private?' LOL!

meow

hi,
anyone ever heard about Dr Tan Tiam Chye from KK? I was refer to him for my first visit in KK's women clinic @ amk.

Janellebb

Hi, ive been changing clinics. Im currently 4th months pregnant, first timer. My mum recommended me this amk kk women clinic. I wonder do i need to book a appointment first for registration?

Hi, ive been changing clinics. Im currently 4th months pregnant, first timer. My mum recommended me this amk kk women clinic. I wonder do i need to book a appointment first for registration?
It will be better to call and book an appt as they have different gynaes at KKH AMK at different timings. If I am not wrong, they will ask you which gynae you prefer and also have to do the paperwork procedures. I was under Dr Wee HY and I normally go on Thursday evenings.

Janellebb

I went to kkh yesterdat. My dr was dr timothy lim. He told me they dont have any packages. Yeterday 1st visit cost me $203, ultrascan baby picture given, urine test, blood pressure, blood test. Dr lim say i need go kkh itself do another scanning. Idk whether the $203 include inside anot....

meow1607

Hi ladies....

I'm having my 1st appointment at KK clinic AMK this coming Thurs... How will be the experience for 1st appointment?
Understand the charges will be $102 onwards from the nurse....
I've book Dr. John Tee.... not sure if he is good.. but saw quite a number of good comments....
Does KK have some package or something?