latch or express? dilemma!!

msck

And i agree w u ladies!!! As long as we try our best to provide bm, we are fine! Ebm or direct latch.

N i think god my bb has no nipple confusion. Cos she can drink from bottle n my breasts! But try not to bottle feed ur bb as bb see u, bb will expect ur breast not bottles!

msck, i was pumping exclusively for my elder boy after he turned 3 weeks cos of my blocked ducts. so, in a way, i was more mobile when i pump exclusively. Somemore, pumping exclusively has its advantage. you tend to be able to manipulate the supply by manipulating your pumping schedule. if want more milk, pump more frequently; if want less milk, drag the pump. So, pple who pump exclusively tend to have oversupply and can store quite a lot if no other underlying prob. That is why i am quite tempted to pump exclusively this time round but then cos never try latching for long, so want to give it a try.Also, pump exclusively means when I go out with baby, i got to carry ebm and sometimes pump out. If can latch, so much easier in terms of logistics. So, i want to try latching cum pumping now.

I think i want to start pumping liao cos want to intro bott to baby so that she will accept it when i go back to work. mayb once a day bott feed first?

msck

ic ic. so baby boy was on ebm 100% when u were working eh? how about for ur girl? what's the plan? drink ebm when u are not at home, and latch on the moment u reach home??

Yeah...

i got angry with hubby on our 12th anniversary few days ago! He said so stressed then don't bf. I told you before that he might not be supportive and so true! So angry I was swearing at him of cos plus a few other things besides bfg. So I really appreciate the support here.

i started using the Medea SNS and now my supply has gone up. Still need to work super hard to catch up with formula cos baby is getting hungry faster with 60ml. But I can now feel fuller and more let downs. When I just latch baby on, he would now drink more mouthfuls meaning milk flw is now better. I am so thankful. Hardwork paying off but must continue. At least more positive now.

Q: how much milk should a almost 3-week old drink 3-hrly?

Msck, my boy was on 100% ebm. So planning to gv ebm to my gal when I not at home n latch her when I m ard. Hopefully this can b done. Else I hv to convert to exclusive pumping.

Mummyto2, sorry to hear abt your disagreement with hubby. I think he is just heartpain to see u stress up. My hubby was like tat for my first son. Baby was crying for milk n my milk had not come on 4th day. He bot a can of fm n put in front of my face n asked me to gv fm. He said he can't bear to see baby n I crying. I was glad I din gv fm cos milk came in the nx day.

Pple won't understand why we go thru so much to bf our babies. It's only after they see the benefits then they appreciate us. My hubby will now say thanks to my determination. I helped him save abt $5k yr on fm n save an unknown amt of money on pd cos my boy only fell sick once during the first yr. so Jia you! It is an unappreciated effort now but once time goes, benefits will show!

my gal can drink 90ml of fm at 3 weeks. Shd b ard there.

msck

Same here. I had dilemma also. I wanted to direct latch but it was so painful. I cried to my hubby few times n he suggested me to stop. He said as much as he wish me to direct latch, he wish me to be happy too. So i express out for a mth before i direct latch her.

Mine drank abt 100ml in week3. She's quite tall n big for her size.

germac

Dear mummies,
there is a discussion on how much a baby should drink under "year 2012 mummies" titled "every how many hrs and how many mls should a newborn drink"..

Hope this helps!

msck

sigh. ever since work started for me. my bb refused to latch on n only willing to be fed from bottles. ..

she's on nursing strike. =(