Letter to my daughter: Your birth Story...

LaraCroft

Dear baby Lauren,

Looking at you sleeping so peacefully in your crib now, I could hardly believe you were just in my womb 24 hours ago.

It all started on Thursday morning when I woke up with contractions. You are my first child, so I had always wondered if I could tell the real ones from Braxton Hicks. People had said to me, I can definitely tell once it hits. And yes, I knew. But I was still reluctant to head to the hospital, fearing they might send me home and be disappointed.

I had planned to meet Aunty Doris for lunch and maybe shopping in Ion Orchard. So I met her at 12pm for prawn mee at Beach Rd, and that was when I started counting the contractions. They were 10 mins apart, lasting about 50 seconds. I wanted to continue shopping but aunty Doris advised me to at least give Dr Wee a call. I told him about my contractions and he asked me to go to his clinic to check it out instead of going straight to the hospital. I called your daddy and told him, "It may be happening today, and I'm going to Dr Wee's clinic. But don't leave work yet. I'll call you when I'm sure."

When Dr Wee first saw me, he commented that, I was either having false contractions or very strong because I looked very relax. I told him it is because it was not very painful and I felt fine. I also told Doris at that point that maybe I could go without epidural. The contractions was bearable. I spoke too soon. After being put on the CTG machine and have my cervix checked, even the doctor was surprised to find that I was already 2.5cm dilated and I was to go to the hospital right away. (..........)

Read more at my blog.

Please share your birth story in my comment column. Thanks for reading.

LyDeeAna

My little boy was born on 4.4.2013 @ 0647hrs...

I had no contractions not even waterbag burst.
At that point of time i was 37wks & 2days.

on 3.4.2013, my instincts told me to head down to delivery suit. I feel like he is coming that night and at the same time fetal movement wasnt favourable...

Upon reaching KKH delivery suite at 2300hrs, they did a check and i was 4cm dilated and bleeding which i wasnt aware of and he was doing fine.

Since i was so worried about baby movement as this my first child but 2nd pregnancy. The doctor broke my waterbag at 0045hrs. Doc inform me that it will take at least 7hrs b4 i am fully dilated. At this point of time, i was still able to joke around.

By 2am, the pain was unbearable but i was determine to continue without epidural.
At 3.15am, i was 7cm dilated. at this point of.time, i was crying in pain.

At 3.45am, my husband wasnt able to see me in that condition any longer. He requested for epidural...

At 5am, i was 10cm dilated and fully efaced. started pushing at 5.45am. stop at 6.20am coz i keep getting the technique wrongly.. i practice my breathing for awhile n resume back at 6.30am.

During the pushing, what motivates me to push even harder when my husband say that he can see some portion of the baby hair.. By 6.47am... my little boy is out.

He is turning 1mth in 2days time. Baby Irsyad.

Attachments

nrl

Nice touching stories... Stories like the above are great as it ease the mind boggling burden and worries or scares of an inexperience new mommies to be like me! Keep the stories coming ya'all... It definitely helps....

LaraCroft

Yes, i remember being pregnant for the first time and really anxious about labour as I didn't know what to expect. I read lots and lots of both stories! So am inspired to write one as soon as my daughter is born. She is now almost 7 months. Time flies!