List of GOOD & BAD confinment lady (mummy, if you have help input)

yvonne_ktw

Hi dear mrbaby,

It's duplicated cause diff mummy tried n had diff view the forum ID as per indicated.
So it's up to individual mummy to see n decide wanna give it a try? Or play safe try others instead of this.

I wonder the CL colour in red is she good or bad.??? cos her name is at both Good and Bad...

Mummies please identify.......Thank you
Hi mummies,

actually i beg to differ for one of the 'GOOD' CL listed below.
Reasons being:
- 1st time we saw her using a kind of powder on our baby and when we examined the container, to our horror it was past the expiry date. when we questioned her, she claimed that it's alright. but we were rather uncomfortable and hence purposely went out to buy a new one.
-i found uncooked dishes served to me more than once. When i asked her how come the meat seemed so pinkish, she said 'like that one'. like i have never eaten meat before! when i requested for her to recook the dish, she came back with the meat barely even warm.
-she hinted to us that her son would be coming down fr m'sia and asked if it's ok for him to come up to our house. she even added that her previous employers allow her to do so. but i was not comfortable with that and told her straight in the face.
-she was super unsupportive of bf-ing. i was facing challenges with the supply initially and she kept putting me down and insisted on feeding fm to my baby.
-my house was very sticky and messy throughout her stay. even my husband who has very high threshold couldnt stand the mess. we engaged a cleaner to clean up our place the very day she left.

Above were some pts that i could recall as i engaged her more than a year ago. I have added her under 'BAD' CL. she was recommended thru a thread in this forum. but diff ppl have diff expectations i suppose. just to share that recommendations are still to your own discretion.

GOOD:
CL:Siew zhen*
Forum id: Iceydragon81

Cl: xing
Forum Id: deeho

Cl: liqing 50yrs
Forum Id: elaine01

Cl: ya ju 40yrs
Forum Id: deborahlkl

Cl: yu Ying
Forum Id: wendy79

-------------------------------------------

BAD CL

CL: Irene (YONG NYUK YIN) from malaysia Sabah
Forum id: Pipilili

CL: zhu or bao
Forum iD: maxbean

CL: hongjie
Forum Id: jaclyn13

CL: Helen 60yrs Singaporean
Forum id: jellybnzw

CL: hao jie 56yrs
forum id: epicurean

CL: low GUI Mei
Forum id: JazN

CL: LAN ee, big mole on face n plump
Forum Id:

CL: Ying jie
Forum id:

CL: lian, dark n short hair about 50yrs
Forum id:

CL: kheng 50yrs
Forum Id:

CL: guilian, hubby stay in SG TPY
Forum ID: -m3m-

CL: xiao li, mid 50yrs stay in SG chua chu kang
forum iD: mum-of-3

Forum Id: Jan25

yvonne_ktw

GOOD:

Forum Id: wendy79 <<< find good but others Jan25 find bad

BAD CL

Forum Id:

CL: Ying jie (2mummy find bad)
Contact:97987217,her son's hp no 96665479 or house no 64427912. Her address is Bedok Central.
Forum id:czaire

Forum id:

Forum Id:

Forum Id: Jan25 <<<< But wendy79 find good

Sunflower1979

Will like to share my experience with 2 CLs that I have hired. I was early by 2.5 weeks (gynae wanted to induce) and my original CL can't come as she needed to go on holiday with her family. She tried to find a CL for me but could not get anyone. In the end, the day before I was induced, I was frantically looking for a CL to cover for a week before she was available.

I got a contact and got Auntie Fong as my CL. She happened to be available before her next assignment which was due a week after. She is very good and took very good care of me and baby in her 1 week stint here. She cooks very well and in her one week here she taught me a lot of handy tips in showering, feeding and soothing babies. When I was desperate for breast milk, she uses very very hot towel and massages my breast to improve circulation.

When my original CL came, Jasmine (Singaporean, which I got her contact from this forum!), it was a total nightmare and she was so unhygienic and yet kept bragging about how capable she is. She is demanding (maybe becoz she is Singaporean) and kept insisting that baby is not hungry and refuse to let me feed when he cries non-stop for an hour In the end, i sacked her after a week and coped with 3 weeks w/o CL.

I miss Auntie Fong a lot and asked her to come back and teach me again how to shower my baby after her assignment which ended last week. She is very jovial and bubbly and has a lot of passion in her job. She is responsible and very willing to teach mothers, maids and grandparents on what to eat and what not to eat and what to cook etc. Her meals are delicious and very easy going.

She is with me now can be contacted at 83864182 or 016 7430588 (you can quote Liping for reference). I know she has an assignment in HK till next year March and she will be available after that. I do not gain anything for advertising her. Just that she has been receiving jobs from other CLs that takes commission from her and will like to help her get some jobs and get the full rate that she deserves.

Just in case, the CL Jasmine (Singaporean) which is very atas and unhygienic, her number is 91279879. Please avoid her at all cost. She charges above market rate as well.

Niuniu

Re: List of GOOD & BAD confinment lady (mummy, if you have help input)
GOOD:

Forum Id: wendy79 <<< find good but others Jan25 find bad

BAD CL

Forum Id:

CL: Ying jie (2mummy find bad)
Contact:97987217,her son's hp no 96665479 or house no 64427912. Her address is Bedok Central.
Forum id:czaire

Forum id:

Forum Id:

Forum Id: Jan25 <<<< But wendy79 find good

CL: Aunt Kiau, mid 50yrs (M'asia)
forum iD: Niuniu

CJmom

Hi Sunflower1979

Can you share more details about your CL Auntie Fong? Does she do the marketing cos then she will know what she needs to cook? Can she cook tonic stuffs? My email is teowyg@yahoo.com.sg. Thank u.

Ps: btw if you could also email me a pic of her??

koalarie

Will like to share my experience with 2 CLs that I have hired. I was early by 2.5 weeks (gynae wanted to induce) and my original CL can't come as she needed to go on holiday with her family. She tried to find a CL for me but could not get anyone. In the end, the day before I was induced, I was frantically looking for a CL to cover for a week before she was available.

I got a contact and got Auntie Fong as my CL. She happened to be available before her next assignment which was due a week after. She is very good and took very good care of me and baby in her 1 week stint here. She cooks very well and in her one week here she taught me a lot of handy tips in showering, feeding and soothing babies. When I was desperate for breast milk, she uses very very hot towel and massages my breast to improve circulation.

When my original CL came, Jasmine (Singaporean, which I got her contact from this forum!), it was a total nightmare and she was so unhygienic and yet kept bragging about how capable she is. She is demanding (maybe becoz she is Singaporean) and kept insisting that baby is not hungry and refuse to let me feed when he cries non-stop for an hour In the end, i sacked her after a week and coped with 3 weeks w/o CL.

I miss Auntie Fong a lot and asked her to come back and teach me again how to shower my baby after her assignment which ended last week. She is very jovial and bubbly and has a lot of passion in her job. She is responsible and very willing to teach mothers, maids and grandparents on what to eat and what not to eat and what to cook etc. Her meals are delicious and very easy going.

She is with me now can be contacted at 83864182 or 016 7430588 (you can quote Liping for reference). I know she has an assignment in HK till next year March and she will be available after that. I do not gain anything for advertising her. Just that she has been receiving jobs from other CLs that takes commission from her and will like to help her get some jobs and get the full rate that she deserves.

Just in case, the CL Jasmine (Singaporean) which is very atas and unhygienic, her number is 91279879. Please avoid her at all cost. She charges above market rate as well.
I am TOTALLY disappointed with the recommendation made by the mommy here on Auntie Fong. This confinement nanny is NOT ethical. I called her on 3.5 weeks ago and got confirmation that she is available. Sounded very motherly.

Anyway she has agred with another confinement nanny to help her to fly to Hong Kong for 2-3 months of assignment and can't do my confinement. Interestingly that was agreed few months back lo. I thank the other confinement nanny to offer help to find me another confinement nanny. Still, i want to warn new mommies against using this Aunt Fong. Not ethical and professional.

Now i have to be in the mercy of agency. Pray i have a good confinement nanny in May.

Initially I wanted to hire a CL but heard for a fren that she suffered when she had a CL, so much so that she also had depression and had to see a psychiatrist. Another fren's CL was not supportive of breastfeeding and she had to wrestle with her CL trying to push for formula feeds.

My hubby & I decided to get a maid to help with household chores and take care of baby and it's for 2 years' contract.
My mum was supposed to help me during my confinement period but she fell sick within 1 week. I asked her to go home to rest.
MIL comes to bath baby everyday. Had a lot of issues with MIL initially as she would nitpick and comment/nag/criticize on the things I bought for baby - towels (not absorbent she said), baby wet wipes (she said cannot use), pigeon cotton balls (she said must buy the one roll type and get maid to roll into balls!), baby clothes, tollyjoy cloth nappies (she said too thick & not soft - went to buy the old type. I had asked for this at the mall but the salesgirl told me tollyjoy ones are more absorbent), nappy liners ( she said cannot use), pigeon nappy pins (why like that? why not use the old type that push down, why this one not good?!), Philips Avent milk bottles & sterliser (why buy so many bottles, just need 1 will do, why use steriliser when you can use salt to rub & rinse with water?!)

???!!! Faint ???!!!

I am thinking for my 2nd baby, I will want to hire a CL... but need to get a good one. A bad CL is worse than having none.
But now, I do take showers and need to wash hands with tap water coz I do change baby diapers & prepare milk feeds. Partial breastfeeding and lots of formula feeds. Thanks to MIL's insistence on baby drinking formula on Day 1 in hospital. Sigh. I had wanted total breastfeeding on Day 1.

3mum

List of GOOD &amp; BAD confinment lady (mummy, if you have help input)

Hi mummies,

Anyone tried xiao feng Jie before?

Thanks all mummies for making this forum a good one as I think it's not easy for us to find a gd CL... But yet sometimes can't go on without them... As not one can help during this period.

citrella

I read up the list of GOOD confinement lady here in this forum. And I managed to engaged Mei Ling.

She didn't turn up the first day. My mom had to do the cooking and bathing for baby. The second day she came, my baby was fed alot of formula milk. My newborn slept 6 hours straight and didn't wake up for latching because she is not hungry.

She insisted on disposable diapers even though we agreed on cloth diapers for my newborn (agreed on the phone when I paid deposit). I have 2 packets of new cloth diapers sitting in the drawers for nothing.

She has several phonecalls throughout the day everyday (about 6-8 calls).

She left at 2nd week because someone at home passed away and she has to rush back to Malaysia. She recommended another friend of hers to cover for her. But the new person doesn't even know how to cook chicken mee sua and doesn't know how to brew longan red date for me.

I didn't manage to breastfeed my baby for 1 month of confinement. I cried for 15 days. I suffered mild depression.

I JUMPED WITH JOY when I was back at home ALONE with my baby, doing what I want for my child in my way. I continued my breastfeeding by re-lactating methods learnt from online research. (I called several breastfeeding helplines - all told me that it's okay, ultimately if I tried my best and if I can't just give formula milk - So long as I am happy)

I managed to breastfeed my girl until 6 months old plus partial formula milk. That's the best that I could give her.

I swear my next child I will NOT get a confinement lady. To me, in my opinion, 99% are not pro-breastfeeding. They kept saying, 'you don't have enough' or 'nevermind la, just give formula milk'.

ps: she doesn't do housework like sweeping, mopping floor. (I don't require her to), she naps for 1 hour in the afternoon and her rest time (watch tv) is from 8 to 11 pm - because that's when my hubby takes over EVERYDAY.

She wakes up to feed baby for 15 minutes after midnight, while I go crazy pumping round the clock every 3 hours and each time 20-25 minutes and crying all the time because i dun have milk for my newborn baby and I feel so useless.

To be fair, I will have to praise her for being a good cook. She prepares delicious confinement food. On another note, my one week of groceries buying cod fish etc amounts to $500!

Last edited:

magnum

Hi Mummies...

Sharing review of my confinement lady - LI HUA
Hygiene level - C
(at best)Singapore HP: 82439296
Malaysia HP: 0127070671

I had a bad experience and hated confinement, largely due to this middle age woman in the house.

What she did (may be trivial if you don't mind):
-- Washes my clothes and PANTIES, HER clothes and PANTIES together with baby's clothes! (I specifically told her not to mix baby's clothes.)
-- Color from her clothes ran and stained baby's clothes red. All his new rompers are stained red! Proceed to hide stained clothes in the cupboard and say "Baby grows so fast, he outgrew the tiny rompers already." I only found out after she left. Grrr...
-- Took baby's bib and used as her face towel. When I asked her why is the bib in the toilet, she said "Dunno leh. Let baby use lor."
-- Baby threw up all over his cot. I asked her what happened, she said "Dunno leh. Dunno why like that."
-- Bully my helper - asked my helper to wake up in the middle of the night to help her. And then accused my helper of telling lies because she "had 30 years of experience" and never asked for any help.
-- Bully my helper - made her do all the kitchen cleaning after she made a mess of the kitchen. I had mistaken my kitchen for a Tze Char stall in that one month.
-- Extremely wasteful - uses water and electricity at full blast. She always claims her soup is very nice - of course la, if you put in 1kg of meat and half a pot of ingredients and boil forever. Who needs a confinement lady?

Many more... PM me if you want more info/photo.

coospaa

Added one more BAD nanny: Auntie June from JIA Employment (48 year old Malaysian woman)
List of things why she's bad:
- Steal food from the fridge, never ask for permission. We bought whatever she requested yet she still take things without permission, we caught her taking chocolates, ice creams, and even bird nest in the middle of the night.
- Bully my maid, there's once my mum went out in the morning, came back seeing her sleeping in my mum's bed and asking the maid to hold the baby. She never do any cloth washing, all asking my maid to do.
- Ridiculous napping time, everyday need 3 hours in an aircon room without any disturbance, she said otherwise she'll fall sick. Followed by 1 hour shower (twice a day).
- She eat more confinement food than the mummy. For example, when we buy a chicken, she said it's for the mummy, but in the end she took all the good parts and just gave a bit bones to mummy. And she buy expensive fishes like salmon for herself every other day cos she said she likes fish...

Please be aware of this skinny hungry ghost auntie.

Kokura

Hi I read that there is a user named czaire who wrote Yingjie is a bad CL & I would like to contact her to find out more.
Somebody recommended a 'Yingjie' to me but the telephone number is different. Of course people can change their hp number easily, & that is why I would like to find out how do I search for this user -czaire in the forum?

I am not very familiar here. Thank you so much! ;-)