Long cycle, sigh...

iliana

Hello ladies! :)
I've already had one daughter, which was conceived after trying 2 years. My problem is I experience very long cycle, about 46 to 48 days.
Now I'm trying to have my second child, but the long cycle problem is still there.
I wonder if there's any way to shorten my period? And is there any of you has the same problem?

Thank you,
Iliana

tinkerball

Hello ladies! :)
I've already had one daughter, which was conceived after trying 2 years. My problem is I experience very long cycle, about 46 to 48 days.
Now I'm trying to have my second child, but the long cycle problem is still there.
I wonder if there's any way to shorten my period? And is there any of you has the same problem?

Thank you,
Iliana
maybe u should try the birth control pills for a few months first to regulate ur menses then stop the pills and try for another baby. the pills is useful in keeping menstrual cycle in track besides birth control.

thepinkdot

visit your gynae! do a through check of your ovaries and womb, or a hormone panel.

i had a similar problem but my cycles were far worse than yours. could drag up to 3 months! however, we manage to successfully conceive this year.. so don't give up hope.. keep trying.

iliana

visit your gynae! do a through check of your ovaries and womb, or a hormone panel.

i had a similar problem but my cycles were far worse than yours. could drag up to 3 months! however, we manage to successfully conceive this year.. so dont't give up hope.. keep trying.

Thank you both ladies! :)
Regarding to the birth control pills. To be honest, I'm afraid of it. I used to have very regular cycles, but after married my husband, I started using the pills for a few months. After I stopped it, the irregular cycles started...

And for the checks. I did all the checks before conceiving the first baby, nothing strange or abnormal. So the doc just advised us to continue trying...

So maybe I should just keep on trying and trying.

I've heard that soy milk makes women having long cycles. Is that true? I like soy milk...

stonston

It's the hormones they use to make the soy grow faster that causes hormonal imbalance. In the production of soy milk, the hormones may still be present and end up affecting us.

I'm also gonna start trying for #2, I've stopped drinking soy milk for quite some time already. My cycles usually 32-33 days, once i stopped soy milk, return to 28-29 days.

iliana

It's the hormones they use to make the soy grow faster that causes hormonal imbalance. In the production of soy milk, the hormones may still be present and end up affecting us.

I'm also gonna start trying for #2, I've stopped drinking soy milk for quite some time already. My cycles usually 32-33 days, once i stopped soy milk, return to 28-29 days.

Really?! So the soy milk really matters! Maybe I should stop drinking it, how's yogurt? This one is "Safe" right? :)

missixty

maybe u can try TCM... and discuss this issue with the chinese physician.

i used to have 33-34 days cycle, but after seeing my TCM doctor for about 4 months, now my cycle are mostly 28 days. hopefully will be preggie soon!!

iliana

maybe you can try traditional chinese medicine... and discuss this issue with the chinese physician.

i used to have 33-34 days cycle, but after seeing my traditional chinese medicine doctor for about 4 months, now my cycle are mostly 28 days. hopefully will be preggie soon!!
Wow! So nice!!!
Yeah let me think about it... Thank you dear!

26JMC

i am on duphaston on 3 cycles. cycle has shorten from 43 days to 31days which is a very great improvement. however, the 3rd cycle hay wire. probably i have taken TCM together with duphaston for my fall injuries. so that could be the cause of the hay wire *sigh*. currently my 4th cycle mense v v little. wonder whats wrong.. sigh. :( hope i can find some answer when i go for TCM this week.. :(

ilana, if u want to plan for baby, try going to gynae to regulate the mense before trying. i find that will be ideal since u mentioned u are having long cycles.

babylemon

I have also heard from my tcm physician that the woman's cycle should be 28 days in order to conceive. But I am really not sure....if it is longer than that, say 30-35 days, is it considered too long?? I cant understand why it must be 28 days. Hope anyone can advise. Thanks!