Looking for foster family who is willing to take care of my son

jo_mum

Hi, I'm currently pregnant and planning to divorce my husband. I have a 2 yr old son and I am a stay home mum, not working, no income. Husband's job is on and off, he only gives me $$$ occasionally when he has jobs but will soon "borrow" it back from me without returning. Most of the time, we survive on rental money by renting out 2 of our rooms.

To cut a long story short, I have made up my mind to divorce him as he could not provide for the family and yet likes to hang out with his friends almost everyday instead of helping me to take care of the boy. I can't see a bright future with him. I gave him chance after chance (long story), thinking that after he know that we'll be having another baby, he'll change but he proved to me yet again that a leopard never changes its spots. The pregnancy has to go. I do not want history to repeat itself again. As it will be week 12 tmr, I will have to go through another kind of procedure which is similar to a normal delivery in order to terminate the pregnancy and might require a 1 day hospital stay. I'm in the midst of deciding which clinic to go to for the TOP at the moment.

I need someone/kind & loving foster family who can help me take care of my son while I go for the TOP and also to look for a job and a place to stay so that I can engage a lawyer for my divorce. Once I get my finances stable, I will bring my boy back. It can be about in about a few months to 6 months time.

Need help desperately as I do not want to drag my TOP as baby is getting bigger.

By the way, he had already told me to get the papers ready if I want to leave so I guess he can't wait for me to get out too.

Last edited:

jo_mum

Hi, my family is out of the question as I do not have a supportive family. They will never agree to help me even if I asked. Childcare is also out of the question as I do not have a job and will not be eligible for the subsidized rate. I do not have any savings or finances to engage a nanny now, that's why I need a foster family to help me out while I get a job and a place to stay while proceeding with the divorce. All these take time and I really feel that there's no other alternative if I want to get out of this marriage and move on. I can't possibly bring my son along with no finances and he's still so young and needs to be taken care of.

jo_mum

hi jo mum,

y don't you approach MCYS? from there they will find suitable families to foster your child.
Yes, I intend to approach mcys if I couldn't find a foster family, but the problem is mcys has long processing time and I need it quite urgently. I hope to get things done asap as I really can't stand living with him for even 1 more day. I will approach mcys on monday but in the meantime, would like to try my luck looking ard 1st.

jo_mum

dear sorry to ask but would you be willing to give up for adoption the one your expecting instead of TOP?...
Hi, it really hurts me to terminate this pregnancy at such a late stage but I really have no other alternative if I were to leave this marriage. I can't possibly get a job if I'm pregnant and I desperately need a job once I move out to support myself and my boy so I'm really sorry to say that I really can't carry on this pregnancy and consider putting it up for adoption.

marshmallows

Maybe you can approach your MP for help to expedite the waiting time at MCYS. Tell them about your plight now n your plans moving forward. Hopefully they can highlight your case as urgent to MCYS etc.

emelineejoy

hi jo mm,

i am emeline a mother of one and currently expecting another one.
after reading your story i tear, feel alot for you.
i do have a ways to help you out. i mean i teams of a job money and stuff.
if you are interested feel free to get back to me at 91977903.
i mean no harm, just feel like helping you out:)

emeline

jo_mum

Dear all, I'm going through a very tough time right now. I'm trying to be strong and kept telling myself that abortion is the best solution for me in order to get my divorce started. However, I feel sorry for the little one growing inside me, thinking that I had to end its life just like that when its already a baby. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to schedule a TOP. I will go for the appointment but I might or might not proceed with the TOP. If i decided not to proceed with it, I'm thinking of putting it up for adoption. If that's the case, I can't work and have to put up with my husband's nonsense till I deliver the baby. I just need to know, how do I put the baby up for adoption and do I need to get my husband's approval to put this baby up for adoption too?

Sarahmerah

my dear if you do not want to go for top i have a very good friend who will adopt. she has been wanting a child for almost 8 years and its difficult for her and husband to have one. she will gelp with all checkups and everything all the way to the end with you if you are willing. others want to help you with jobs and finance. please reply if interested. I recomend Dr. Aziz clinic for women if you want to put up for adoption as my friend is on a waiting list dear. I can not even think of what your going through but there are people who care and want to help you out.

Sarah

jo_mum

my dear if you do not want to go for top i have a very good friend who will adopt. she has been wanting a child for almost 8 years and its difficult for her and husband to have one. she will gelp with all checkups and everything all the way to the end with you if you are willing. others want to help you with jobs and finance. please reply if interested. I recomend Dr. Aziz clinic for women if you want to put up for adoption as my friend is on a waiting list dear. I can not even think of what your going through but there are people who care and want to help you out.

Sarah
Hi, I don't mind giving the baby up for adoption but do I need to get approval from my husband? What kind procedures should I go through?

wanderful

Alpha Male
hello jo_mum,
do you have any friends or sibling to help you. Better write to the new minister MCYS (via Facebook) to look into this issue.

noelsmum

jo_mum,

Sanctuary House - A Labour of Love

Get in contact with these people. They help ladies like you in need. I've contacted them before to donate stuff to them. A friend of mine who worked with Live 938, interviewed them before. They will provide you the support and they have foster homes ready.

kirkjay

she already said family is out of the question as it is not a supportive family.
so sad, i hope you get thru this asap as the process of breaking up a family is a long road of hell.
Once it is done, you look foward to life.. My prayers are with you...