Loose stools for the past 1 month

Cream

Hi,

My gal is 5 months now, and for the past one month, she has been having watery up to about 5 times a day. Been to the PD 3 times, changed her to soy milk for one week and things were ok. After that, we went back to the FM that we used (Mamex Gold) and she starts to have watery stools again.

Should I change her FM? By the way, she hates soy milk now.

diymummy

my baby is sensitive to cow's milk. he won't diarrhea but he will break into rashes. it could be lactose intolerance. so my son has been drinking HA formulas from NAN.

when he had diarrhea at 7mths due to introduction of solids, i asked pediatrician if i needed to switch him to soy milk but my pediatrician says no need. you might want to check with your pediatrician to ask if switching to HA formula might work since HA formula is still cow's milk and not soy.

HA stands for hypo-allergenic, where the lactose in the cow's milk is suppressed.

Ting

did PD tell u why she is like tt? as in she is allergic?
maybe try goat's milk??

Cream

I brought the stools to show the PD, and she said she had seen tonnes of "sai" in her life to tell me that my baby is perfectly alright. My baby is active and alert, sleeps well and feeds well, good weight gain, VERY SMILEY.... so there is nothing wrong with her. That's what I was told.

Maybe being a first time mummy makes me overly worried about every single thing that happens... but does any of your baby poo up to 5 times a day? not everyday tho, most days is twice... and maybe once a week she will have that 5-times-a-day-poo.

diymummy

yes... my baby. he is full of sai.

now he's on solids and he poo up to 4 times a day still.... and it's a lot of sai and a lot of urine.. zzz.... super smelly .

but not watery though. that time when he got diarrhea, he poo up to 7-8 times a day. that one really gave me a big scare.

Phoebii Cheng

You might want to check if the poo has a lot of little white dots? If have, then mayb ur bb is teething, that's wat happens to my son, when he is teething, he poo quite a lot everyday 5-6 times and the poo according to the infant care teachers is a bit watery type and has little white dots.....they call it the teething poo hehe :tlaugh:

apollo

You might want to check if the poo has a lot of little white dots? If have, then mayb your baby is teething, that's what happens to my son, when he is teething, he poo quite a lot everyday 5-6 times and the poo according to the infant care teachers is a bit watery type and has little white dots.....they call it the teething poo hehe :tlaugh:
2weeks ago, ds poo a few times with white dots and he's only 3mth+, my mum also said he might be teething but will it be so early?? he's passing white dots poo, drooling and abit fussy worr but i didnt see any teeth poping up lehh...

kenxf_03

You might want to check if the poo has a lot of little white dots? If have, then mayb your baby is teething, that's what happens to my son, when he is teething, he poo quite a lot everyday 5-6 times and the poo according to the infant care teachers is a bit watery type and has little white dots.....they call it the teething poo hehe :tlaugh:
I see.. Now, then I know got this thing called "teething poo". learnt new thing here! Thks!

DS has watery poo the past few days also but dont tink I saw any white dots.. And he's teething already @ 4th mth le!

Cheyenne

Hi Cream - My 4.5 mth too. He had loose stool for 7 days (exactually today). Once after every feed. Have seen the GP 3 times, also I insist the GP to take his urine sample for test. Test result is normal. Have changed him from Promil (Cow's Milk) to Friso Cream (Soya) for a week. Initial he is ok, how he slowly reject FrisoCream. Also it is much more difficult to make his Soya milk.

I have changes back to Promil y'day and stool is still a little watery and have little lumps (not really white), but to me seem like the soya from the milk. I'm monitoring for 1-2 days. Hopefully, he cleared his system of the soya milk and get back to soft lump stool of the Promil. If not, I'm brining him to a Paeditraican.

I even have to wake up twice in the middle of the night to change his diaper.

zong yi

Alpha Male
Hi everyone. im new here. :tlaugh:

My son 10 months old now has this same problem about 1 month ago. We tried changing his formula from Friso to Similac to Enfapro but still the same.

Yesterday brought him to pediatrician and we are told that it could be due to viral infection in his intestine. As we didnt rectify the problem, damages might have been done to his intestine which cause him to become lactose intolerant.

Now we are putting him on lactose free formula. So far today he only poo once and its in nice form. pediatrician told us that he need to be on this lactose free formula for the next 1-2 months time for his intestine to recover before we can change back to normal formula. So we will be monitoring his poo for the next few days.

Hope my story helps. If you are worried i think you should brin your baby to see a pediatrician and not let it drag on, like in our case.

Thanks. :Dancing_wub:

zongyi

jasobias

My baby 10 weeks old has had loose kind of stools for over 1 month now but since its only once or twice a day we didnt bring her to the dr.Its just watery.Anyone has the same prob?

Cheyenne

Thanks Zong Yi,
This is what I'm thinking too. Will monitor this few days more and plan to bring him to a PA this weekend.

Mine also had watery stools also. She's on mamex step1 since birth,all along fine. but duno why from 4 mths onwards, stools watery and frequent, unlike her usual 1 time a day.

Went to consult doctor, was given medication. And told to change to NAN HA Step 1, cus easier to digest and hypoallerginc. But stools became green after drinking for 2 days. So scary! Is it okay?
Or should i just trial and error other brand, like S 26, enfalac, similac?
But i cannot be letting her try every brand every few days right?

Cream

Hi all,

I have changed by DD to Friso and the problem is solved. But since she is coming 6 months, we will be changing her milk powder again so hopefully it will be ok. I think I will be putting her on Similac to see if she's suitable from 6 months onwards

Cheyenne

Hi Cream,
Brought my DS to a PA last week and just want to share with you Doc's advice :

It's perfect fine to have watery stool a few times a day as each baby have different digestion system. Different baby accept different type of milk different, some pass out as watery, other more paste form. Listen to the baby signal, they will tell you whihc milk they like or dislike.

When it is diarrhoe : 2 key things : red patchy at the bum caused by the acid in the tummy. And noisy in the the tummy, like a drum.

So long Baby is playful / active, they are fine.

At least, I'm glad I did make this trip. Not so worry abt DS after seeing the PA.
:Dancing_tongue:

apollo

Hi Cream,
Brought my dear son to a PA last week and just want to share with you Doc's advice :

It's perfect fine to have watery stool a few times a day as each baby have different digestion system. Different baby accept different type of milk different, some pass out as watery, other more paste form. Listen to the baby signal, they will tell you whihc milk they like or dislike.

When it is diarrhoe : 2 key things : red patchy at the bum caused by the acid in the tummy. And noisy in the the tummy, like a drum.

So long Baby is playful / active, they are fine.

At least, I'm glad I did make this trip. Not so worry about dear son after seeing the PA.
:Dancing_tongue:
last wekk brought ds to a pd too cos he has been passing watery stool once a day for 1week eversince we change his FM.. my pd said almost the same as urs.. but he told me not to change his FM again, as he just need time to adjust to the new FM..

but though pd say is ok as long as the watery stools does not exceed more than 5x per day, i still feel v 'uncomfortable' seeing the watery stools...

zong yi

Alpha Male
Hi,

After changing his formula to Enfalac A+ lactose free, we monitored our son for past 1 week or so, his poo has gone back to the once a day and nice poo. It seems that he is really lactose intolerant. Hope the info helps. :tlaugh:

Thanks

Zong Yi

jxmummy

recently dd is also having loose stools up to max. 3 times per day, but she's been on similac since newborn. should i bring dd to the pd?

apollo

recently dear daughter is also having loose stools up to max. 3 times per day, but she's been on similac since newborn. should i bring dear daughter to the pediatrician?
though my pd told me as long as not more than 5x per day is alright. but i think it'd be better to bring ur dd to a pd.. like what summeradeline said, pd mostly will prescribe a powder.. my pd told me not to mix inside milk cos scare later ds cant finish the milk. so i just dissolve in a 5ml water, use a syring to feed him =)