Lots of question. Hope mummies can help!

Ivy Miao

Hi mummy,

Im in my 6 weeks now and Gyane said my baby heartbeat is alittle slow. 120bpm should be the right heartbeat around this week. But was detected 105bpm. Is there anything to worry about??

Being the 2nd time mum, I still feel alittle uneasy and feels like im first time mum. I didnt take any tonic drinks or eat well when I was having my first son. Thus, he is on the weaker side. Easily sick and perspire alot (Pores open).

This time round, I intend to cook black chicken soup myself twice a week. (Is it enough?) I will consume Bird Nest when Im 3 months preg (Should this be the case?) And is Chicken Essence good for first trimester?

I have totally ZERO appetite for healthy food like, Fish, Brocolli or any other meat. All I eat is simply porridge with fried egg. was told salted egg not healthy. Otherwise I would have eat it.. I tried to force myself with steam brocolli and steam baby carrots. But just a few chew and I feel like throwing up.

Im always hungry at night. Im hungry!! Really hungry! Husband would ask what I feel like eating. I said none.. Thinking of food makes me full. But Im still hungry! So the only think I drink is Hot Milo and Cereal (packet kind) At least my stomach not so empty and I dun feel like throwing up. I always get Night sickness. Is drinking Milo every night fine?

My breakfast is mainly 1 cup of warm Farmhouse milk. I cant think of any other food to eat.

I know all these sounds unhealthy. Even I feel it this way. But can any mummy share or advise what else I can do to make myself eat or how did you cope when you have similar situation like me?

Or what do you eat when you're preggy? How many times a day do you brew tonic soup or bird nest?

mamaOf2

Hi there,

The most important thing is to keep a happy mindset. Looks like you are eating well enough.. make sure enough nutriens, protein, fish oil, vitamins.. if you are happy and relax, baby will feel it too....

Ivy Miao

Hi there,

The most important thing is to keep a happy mindset. Looks like you are eating well enough.. make sure enough nutriens, protein, fish oil, vitamins.. if you are happy and relax, baby will feel it too....
Ahhh... Happy mindset is a little difficult especially when I have crazy mil at home who control my life. Fish oil? I dun eat fish at all. They makes me puke... Where does fish oil come from? I can ask supplements from gynae?

hotmilktea

bird nest should only be consume from mid tri 2 onwards, and remember to add red dates as bird nest in nature is 'cold'
chicken soup can be taken moderately , once a week sld do fine. from tri 2 onwards as well.
during 1st tri, i dont stress too much on eating, since i had really bad nausea. but in any case, fresh milk and cereals are the best and do no harm to us. i eat oats in the morning as well, add fresh milk and honey to eat. if you can, take fruits too, like banana, kiwi, strawberries all are good and can be taken with milk. if still cant eat, then do a smoothie, but of coz not right from fridge, not too cold for the 1st tri.

i cant eat fish also, even till now, furtherest i can go is fish and chips, which is really unhealthy. but then again, dont worry too much about it. other food can also substitute.

for myself, i eat bird nest once a week from mid tri 2 onwards, but will stop 1 month before my due date, then consume other tonic such as tang sheng and also 2 coconut once a week for smooth delivery. chicken soup i dont take weekly, as and when. not ALL tonic are good and suitable for everyone, so in any case, consult a professional. dont eat ren sheng for sure.

:)

Ivy Miao

Thanks for advise. Why no ren sheng? My mum still brewed bird nest with ren sheng. =x. I read online and said organs are form on the 2nd month. The rest of the months is to allow the organs to get matured and functioning properly outside the womb when they are out.

They said kiwi introduced phlegm to baby. True? I don't dare to touch kiwi after hearing this.. Lolx!

hotmilktea

all doctors and mid wives advised no ginseng because the agents inside will cause excessive blood lose during delivery. u can go google, there is a lot of information.

kiwi are very good source of vitamins, i dont believe it will build phlegm for babies, just dont take anything tat is taken right from the fridge, just wait for a while before consuming.

Thanks for advise. Why no ren sheng? My mum still brewed bird nest with ren sheng. =x. I read online and said organs are form on the 2nd month. The rest of the months is to allow the organs to get matured and functioning properly outside the womb when they are out.

They said kiwi introduced phlegm to baby. True? I don't dare to touch kiwi after hearing this.. Lolx!

xiaodaisy

hi ivy ,

i'm currently in my 11wks and i have the same situation as you , i feel hungry but unable to eat anything therefore i got some vitamins fm gynae for baby

and for myself , gynae suggest me to have 5 - 6 meals per day with small portion so i will not vomit so often and also less intake of oily and deep fried stuff ..

i'm not taking any tonic soup or bird nest at the moment cos whatever i intake i throw up everything so kinda waste , maybe when i reach 2nd tri and see if the morning sickness improve or not .. i usually just intake some plain water and sometimes wen i have appetite , i just eat some bread ..

take care !! maybe talking to ur mil might improve ur life , afterall she's a mother too ,i believe she understand the hardness of being pregnant and will understand u more and control u less .. cheer up !

Ivy Miao

Oh man! Xiaodaisy mummy, did u said my mil?? She is a total nightmare!! She knows I'm preg and keep finding faults on me!! I'm not talking to her anymore after she scolded me cb face! Can u believe? I think I will live and survive without her presence.

I've got a check up next week and will let my gynae know abt my food intake. So far, I'm taking milk every morning and night. And liquid food. :)

chrisgal

hi, pls do not take in bird nest too often. once a week or twice per month will be enough. pls do research in the internet on birdnest + pregnancy.... i rem it's not very good to consume too much as it will cause coughing and asthma problem in ur child in future.

JJ2011

omg...my mom say bird nest in bottle will make me full.
so sometimes i wl take in the morning b4 eat breakfast(i need 1 hr to rch my workplace) n also take when in the late night (when i dun wan to drink milo)..
I m in 9wk nw

feathers

omg...my mom say bird nest in bottle will make me full.
so sometimes i wl take in the morning b4 eat breakfast(i need 1 hr to rch my workplace) n also take when in the late night (when i dun wan to drink milo)..
I m in 9wk nw
Try to take your birds nest you reach second trimester bah, seems like the advice going around so I just listen and also once a week only as a lot of debate on whether it's good or bad for baby. Can take chicken essence instead? That's the only "tonic" I took in first trimester. =)

babypom

I took homemade black chicken essence (w/o any herb) weekly from week 6 onward till now coming to week 16. So far so good

Jenni

Hi Ivy,

What u use to cook black chicken soup ? Not all herb u can take now, i am also 6 weeks but my mum ask me only take herbs after 4 mths... Now still cannot take herbs... This is my 3rd pregnancy, i only start drink herb after 4 mths...

KirstenQ

Hi All, I am new here!

I Just turned 5 weeks pregnant after trying to conceive for almost a year. I am a little concerned. When do the symptoms start kicking in? I have no Morning SIckness. Nipples are sore only when they are touched. Slightly bloated, light cramps and sometimes it's painful when I pass gas / motion (sorry tmi!). Also I get hit by fatigue very suddenly, one moment I'm feeling fine...then suddenly, all I want to do is lie down and sleep!

Other days I feel just normal - with minimal symptoms. As it's my first pregnancy, I really don't know what to expect and sometimes i worry about the first ultrasound which is in 2 weeks time. Appreciate some advice :)

dwarfs8

hi Kristen, during my first preg (though i mc), i also is like u. Not really ms, but only nauseous and very super bloated and tired. I'm always cold too. I vomited at times after my meals, cos i have acid reflux due to the hormones...

every pregnancy is different. I also thot why i don't have ms, is that y i miscarriaged? But no, each is different. There's also frens of mine who doesn't really have ms, and successfully gave birth

Sweetoothz

Hi All, I am new here!

I Just turned 5 weeks pregnant after trying to conceive for almost a year. I am a little concerned. When do the symptoms start kicking in? I have no Morning SIckness. Nipples are sore only when they are touched. Slightly bloated, light cramps and sometimes it's painful when I pass gas / motion (sorry tmi!). Also I get hit by fatigue very suddenly, one moment I'm feeling fine...then suddenly, all I want to do is lie down and sleep!

Other days I feel just normal - with minimal symptoms. As it's my first pregnancy, I really don't know what to expect and sometimes i worry about the first ultrasound which is in 2 weeks time. Appreciate some advice :)
hey, dont worry too much abt the MS.. i was like u too. worried at 6weeks w no symptoms n dr said it was too early. fair enuff, as i was approaching the 8th week, MS came and so does the other symptoms like no appetite, crampings etc..
so don't worry n enjoy ur MS free days.. =))
or mayb ur one of the lucky ones that doesn't even have MS.. =))
Good luck =))

KirstenQ

hey, dont worry too much abt the MS.. i was like u too. worried at 6weeks w no symptoms n dr said it was too early. fair enuff, as i was approaching the 8th week, MS came and so does the other symptoms like no appetite, crampings etc..
so don't worry n enjoy ur MS free days.. =))
or mayb ur one of the lucky ones that doesn't even have MS.. =))
Good luck =))
Thanks that definitely makes me feel better! :)

ahdun

I have problem here. We went to KK for check-up 17 June Monday. As what indicated is already 5.5week. The size is only 3mm, too small to detect the heartbeat even transvaginal US. Doctor just keep smiling and telling us come back next week for another check. If the size never grow mean miscarriage. We supposedly to be happy but we instant felt sad while we heard what the doctor told us. My wife keep crying once we reached home. I reading around and try to calm her with those have similar problem but end with good news. She just told me she don't feel like talk about it bcos she don't feel she is pregnant. Anyone can help or have similar experience? I'm so helpless....