Lots of question. Hope mummies can help!

KirstenQ

I have problem here. We went to KK for check-up 17 June Monday. As what indicated is already 5.5week. The size is only 3mm, too small to detect the heartbeat even transvaginal US. Doctor just keep smiling and telling us come back next week for another check. If the size never grow mean miscarriage. We supposedly to be happy but we instant felt sad while we heard what the doctor told us. My wife keep crying once we reached home. I reading around and try to calm her with those have similar problem but end with good news. She just told me she dont't feel like talk about it bcos she dont't feel she is pregnant. Anyone can help or have similar experience? I'm so helpless....

Hi..5.5weeks sounds like it is too early to detect heartbeat.... it is normal not to detect at this stage. Did the doctor raise any concerns? Either way, encourage wife to think happy thoughts, eat well, rest well, pray :) When i was pregnant, i did not feel pregnant AT ALL. i lost weight even. Doctor told me my HCG level was very high.. but i had zero symptoms... it is different for each woman.

Please assure her not to worry so much. Unnecessary stress is not good either.

I guess I'm about 5weeks preggy also (based on preg kit). My first appointment is tml. Will ask my gynae abt the size & heartbeat thingy. Meanwhile ... dun worry so much. =)

BTW ... is it just house doctor in KK or appointed doc? I'm seeing Dr John Tee.

I have problem here. We went to KK for check-up 17 June Monday. As what indicated is already 5.5week. The size is only 3mm, too small to detect the heartbeat even transvaginal US. Doctor just keep smiling and telling us come back next week for another check. If the size never grow mean miscarriage. We supposedly to be happy but we instant felt sad while we heard what the doctor told us. My wife keep crying once we reached home. I reading around and try to calm her with those have similar problem but end with good news. She just told me she dont't feel like talk about it bcos she dont't feel she is pregnant. Anyone can help or have similar experience? I'm so helpless....

babypom

7 weeks is good time to detect heartbeat. Dun worry too much now. Still early :)

I have no symptom at all throughout my pregnancy so it is normal. Thanks God for that!

ahdun

Pregnant kit test 1 wk ago was only 2-3wks. At first, we went to polyclinic to confirm. Then polyclinic refer to KK. Consider appointment but cannot choose doctor due to refer by polyclinic. Doctor actually said nothing much. Just said 3mm was too small to detect heartbeat, have to see this few day got cramp or bleed. If yes mean miscarriage... But so far she is ok. I can't wait for next appointment on 27th June (thursday). I'm praying hard she can see he/she grow bigger with heartbeat. I don't want she disappoint and sad.

ahdun

Thanks everyone~! God bless everything is fine. 17th July blood test and 1st Aug US for down syndrome. Hope everything smooth then I can announce to my parents I'm going to promote to be father and they're going to be grandparents again. =)