maid vs cc

stonston

5th maid in a year?! Wah... Must be quite tiring on you to train and re-train.
Basically, I dun bother training. I just brief them. If they won't give you trouble, simple briefing will do, no need to 'train' as they are SUPPOSED to be trained by the agent already!

My current maid did not need any training AT ALL. All I told her was, "No handphones allowed, you want to call home you tell me, I'll let you call anytime using my phone. This is your cupboard, you can put your things here, no one will touch them. You are free to eat anything in the house but if you want to eat something expensive, let us know first. If your snacks/bread/tea/coffee going to finish, let us know so we can go & buy. Housework is up to you to decide when you want to do what, but I expect the bedsheets to be changed once a week & windows washed once a month & the floors must be clean at all times. As long as the house is clean & baby is well taken care of, you are allowed to rest. Everything at home, you must listen to me or ahma (my mum). If sir or ahgong (my dad) ask you to do things, must call & ask me first."

She automatically looked through all the cupboards at home to check where is what, rearranged some of the utensils, checked out the fridge. Asked me about my family's timing (what time go work, what time feed my boy, etc) & automatically set her own timetable & checked if it was ok with me.

The previous maid who was just as good as my current was also like that. No need to train, just bring home & she's very automatic. That's why I dun give chance to those who can't perform. You cant perform up to my standards, I'll send you back to agent. You are dishonest (steal/lie), I you straight back to your kampong. No negotiation. Once you set your standards, the maids will know you mean business.

My agent knows I'm very fussy & picky about my maid so she only recommend the 'better ones'. But strangely, her Filipino maids not very good, but her Indon maids always very good. So we ended up getting an Indon maid instead (at first thought that look after baby, get Filipino better cos they are 'smarter' and no language barrier but my current maid can speak fluent english although not always grammatical correct).

diymummy

Wow... Ok... Thanks.. Now I know what I should roughly be looking out for.

Last time my mum always employed maids and need to train, watch her do things so I was under the impression that all maids gotta train so that they perform up to your standard.

Ting

depend on the agency themselves. some they also get the new n no exp maids, so need to train.
my uncle also run a maid agency(after his filo wife passed away, he took over...), but his maids r all those more experienced n trained kind. :)

stonston

They have already been told of our expectations in their training centre. It's a matter of 'acting blur' to escape from work only!

I know of maids who pretend that they dunno how to cook so that they dunnid to cook, but when they are alone at home, they can whip up a feast for themselves!

& my maid will take out my slipper/shoes & place them beside the door when I'm going out. No need to ask her, unless I decide to wear another pair of shoes, just tell her & she'll take it out for me.

Important is that she worked for a big family in Msia before, their expectations very very high, so she already knows what to do :)

pokemon97

If really need i will choose cc, unless there's someone ard to help to see the maid. That day just saw a maid bringing a boy to school, think ard P1 or P2, the maid walking infront and keep talking on the hp and left the boy walking behind her and cross the road himself...the maid didn't even turn ard to check. I really dun feel safe to let them take care of my children.

snowbear

I think CCC will be a better option unless you're leaving the maid with someone else in the house. At least Alaric will have a chance to learn some stuff and mingle with other kids.