maid vs cc

autumn82

THANKS ALL for the informative reply.

I will be moving next year to the east.... so maybe need to check out the schools first.

any advise on how early must i register the school.... some is saying gotta pre register if not no space....

i wanna enroll him when he is 1.5 and he is now 8 months now... :p

better check as i worry need to register as early as he is 1 your old?
If you're going for more popular schools, is best to start looking now.

Ting

mine is DD lehh... lol~

hmmm they teach them basics like sing songs, colours, shapes, how to count, n they do alot of hands on. like drawing, colouring, cooking (like make simple food like sandwich, mash potato, egg mayo those kind)
got chi lessons everyday too.
they hv a communication book for parents n teachers n the teacher will inform us what they learn every week/month. like the subject/theme n what songs/colour/whatever they will be learning in the book to inform the parents.
they also hv short trips arnd the sch area, like sometimes go to the park n the tr teach them stuff from there.

i see the older kids, they even go to museums to learn too.

anyway, if i rmb correctly, the guidelines they hv is 5.5 days for closure of sch for training every yr. :) so i think dun hv to worry too much on the closure.

Ting

THANKS ALL for the informative reply.

I will be moving next year to the east.... so maybe need to check out the schools first.

any advise on how early must i register the school.... some is saying gotta pre register if not no space....

i wanna enroll him when he is 1.5 and he is now 8 months now... :p

better check as i worry need to register as early as he is 1 your old?
hmmmm, it depends on the sch popularity. pin sch quite popular, i think cos of its location, in raffles thats why very convenient for many parents. my ex colliq beginning of this year enrolled, but is for next year's enrollment. if u hv time now, can scout n look for a suitable one n then secure a place there. :)

Domique

wow lao... not i kiasu... singaporean all are... faintz....

hmmmm, it depends on the sch popularity. pin sch quite popular, i think cos of its location, in raffles thats why very convenient for many parents. my ex colliq beginning of this year enrolled, but is for next year's enrollment. if you have time now, can scout and look for a suitable one and then secure a place there. :)

Domique

u going back to work?

Anyway sigh... i also thinking of maid,,, which normally i dun wanna get maid because of the below reason:

next time alaric go kindergarden how? also go cc for whole day? then next time primary one how? also go study care for whole day?

like so poor thing cannot go home oni at night till he how old?

that is y maid comes to my mind.....

Actually, I've been thinking about this issue lately.. Or rather all along. :p

I would opt for maid + playgroup for Iggy, rather than 1/2 day CCC coz I have 2 kids, I need someone to pick Belle up as well. So no choice if I'm heading back to work.

Just cross my fingers that the maid is good... :embarrassed:

Domique

I agree...

tats y i am willing to pay more for small ratio schools....

Thanks Ston Ston...

Alot of CCC teachers are not what we think.

Put yourself in their shoes.
10 kiddos surrounding you (sometimes more).
All crying & wanting your attention. If you teach PG1, it may be worse cos all very young, have not't potty train, need you to keep changing for them.

Can you look after so many kiddos on your own?
Imagine what the CCC teachers face on a DAILY basis!

I've got a good maid, so I would rather let my maid take care of my boy.
I'm withdrawing my boy from CCC to put him in a proper kindergarten next your cos it's more academic focused. I always find that CCCs are not academic focused enough.

Domique

planning to put ds in cc half day for 1 mth (monitor and test water first) then convert to full day then i go look for jobs...

sigh... no subsidy for the first few mths at cc as i no job yet....

i agree that half day no point.. but if she can afford then let her kid slowly adapt then change to full day ..
for cc i feel at least they won't torture your kid.. an what if the maid you hire got problem also dangerous ..

diymummy

you going back to work?

Anyway sigh... i also thinking of maid,,, which normally i dont wanna get maid because of the below reason:

next time alaric go kindergarden how? also go cc for whole day? then next time primary one how? also go study care for whole day?

that is why maid comes to my mind.....
Dom I have same thinking as you.. Coz I am working mother.

Really like very ke lian go home cannot go home.

But I guess when young, having a maid will make us feel scared coz don't know what the maid do. But once kid is in Pri School, can more clearly verbalise their emotions and needs, having a maid might not be such a bad idea and if anything goes wrong, they know how to call parents or run away or stuff like that...

apollo

you going back to work?

Anyway sigh... i also thinking of maid,,, which normally i dont wanna get maid because of the below reason:

if u hire a maid, in future when u have #2 baby then u wont worry... just 'throw' the hsewk to the maid... but horr, good maid is v hard to find...

apollo

Dom I have same thinking as you.. Coz I am working mother.

Really like very ke lian go home cannot go home.

But I guess when young, having a maid will make us feel scared coz dont't know what the maid do. But once kid is in Pri School, can more clearly verbalise their emotions and needs, having a maid might not be such a bad idea and if anything goes wrong, they know how to call parents or run away or stuff like that...
that's y i always tell my hubby if one day we really need a maid, CCTV is a MUST... but we will leave hiring maid as a last resort cos not everyone is lucky to hire a good maid..

planning to put dear son in cc half day for 1 month (monitor and test water first) then convert to full day then i go look for jobs...

sigh... no subsidy for the first few mths at cc as i no job yet....
for my ds cc when i enrol i also no job yet.. then the supervisor say she still give me the sub as she know i will definitely go work and after i found i produce the co information..

Domique

errmmm no intention for #2 yet.... not in near future too.... hope to stop at 1

if you hire a maid, in future when you have #2 baby then you wont worry... just 'throw' the hsewk to the maid... but horr, good maid is very hard to find...

autumn82

you going back to work?

I am thinking of going bk to work when Iggy reaches 18-24mths. Yup, I feel likewise too. But maid also scares me after seeing the maids around my area.. :(

Ting

my son cc is more flexible..
pin CC both principals (the first one trf alr) is also very good... but i cant say out here what they offer me, cos i scared later got conflict in case other ppl here also in pin's CC.
but im very touched by them!:shyxxx:

JoyBliss

Ya, there are pros and cons to each option. I suppose end of day, it depends on what are your priorities?

I have my fair share of runaway maid. Though I do see good ones around, but the bad ones outweigh the good ones. Frankly, it's may not be the maid's problem, the maid agency also pay a role... Besides, with a maid, not only you are dealing with the child's development challenges, also the psychology and welfare of the maid (missing her home, family, kids etc etc...) Communication is also part of the challenges.

From my experience, I opt for CC. Esp under no supervision, I can't bear the thought of worrying for my son in a maid's care, esp when he can't fend for himself now. I mean his safety is my 1st priority.

But that's me. Like Stonston, if I can find a realible domestic helper that I can trust, and financially I can still send my son to some development programs. I really dont't mind having one. It's more flexible. Most probably I will choose playgroups instead of half day CC. Some playgroups require "parents" to be present as part of the program, having a domestic helper helps. Some programs are few hours only and dom.helper helps in terms of the transportation. It's like an extended arm of yours. (How I love Julia Gabriel's, but it's so ex.!!) At the same time, you can also buy home-based enrichment programs so that dom.helper or you can play with your kid!

If above fails, then I think CC full day is my next best option. Though CC are govern by MCYS... but i think it is at the top level. On the daily operations, I think better for the parent to watch out for (e.g. the meals, the teachers turnover, cleanliness etc...) There are many blogs on the CC-good and bad. Also, CC with diff. intensity of development programs at diff price range of course.

When the child is older, maybe getting a dom.helper is also safer since he can talk and fend for himself now. And as the child gets older, the CC/kindergarden usu. cost lesser than when younger, so financially is better? That's my 2cent thots ...

I will tell myself to close 1 eye... can't get the best of the 2 worlds, esp. when it comes to dealing with human - dom.helper or CC teachers. But some mummies will beg to differ . ;)

Last edited:

CanCanMum

get maid(teaching nature) to teach and care for your child or put in cc whole day for a 1.5 years old boy?

what are your views?
my personal opinion is still CC (if really no one can help out)

and if MAID, gonna place her with parent in law/parents just to play safe.

Personally, I m still not convinced that a maid can be left together with a young child alone......, although there are many successful cases that i had known of.

there are many mummies out there whom are left with really no choice but to place baby with maid only. Its really depends on luck whether you are able to get a good maid to trust your baby with.

stonston

If you really get maid, you must be mentally prepared to send the maid home if the maid is not up to standard. My current maid is my 5th maid within a year.