Making milk outside

anirutamii

Hello! I really need help. :07: When bringing baby outside to shop or just get fresh air, there are a lot of necessary things to bring out. I am wondering how do you all organise the stuff to bring out and pack them in the bag. Do you all face difficulties too carrying all the stuff out?

apollo

i just dump everything in a diaper bag BUT organise everything nicely

1stly, i bought plenty of diffe sizes ziplock bag.

hankies - 1 ziplock bag
spare clothes - 1 ziplock bag
diapers - 1 ziplock bag
and 1 extra ziplock bag for dirty clothes/hankies...

thermal flask, milk bottle and FM are most impt ones, i will place it near the 'zip' opening, easier for me to take out..

apollo

btw i used to carry 2 diaper bags out when ds was younger, or if i brought only 1 bag out, inside sure full of 'useless' things and very heavy until one fine day my fren highlight to me that actually alot of things dont have to bring out.

when i was going out for only 1-2 hrs with ds, i can brought along 6-8 diapers, 4 milk bottles, 6 portions of FM, 10 hankies, 3-4 bibs, cloth napkin (which ds totally DONT need it)...

aft tt i learn to pack lesser stuffs into my pack.. bring ur baby out often and soon u will noe which are the more impt and less impt things to bring along =)

ochklk

I brought the lucky baby red milk bottles bag not bad, can hold a normal thermos flask, 3 tier baby powder, 1 bottle for room temperature water, two milk bottle, small pack wet tissue and 2 pampers and porridge (thermos flask and thermos bag) and baby clothes and towel(baby spa) I will all put them in my GUCCI bag.

ochklk

btw i used to carry 2 diaper bags out when dear son was younger, or if i brought only 1 bag out, inside sure full of 'useless' things and very heavy until one fine day my friend highlight to me that actually alot of things dont have to bring out.

when i was going out for only 1-2 hours with dear son, i can brought along 6-8 diapers, 4 milk bottles, 6 portions of FM, 10 hankies, 3-4 bibs, cloth napkin (which dear son totally DONT need it)...

after that i learn to pack lesser stuffs into my pack.. bring your baby out often and soon you will know which are the more impt and less impt things to bring along =)
Why you need to have 6 portions of FM? I only need 6 portions if FM when I bring my son to Japan, cos we leave the hotel at 9 10am in the morning, and he drink 3 hrly...

apollo

Why you need to have 6 portions of FM? I only need 6 portions if FM when I bring my son to Japan, cos we leave the hotel at 9 10am in the morning, and he drink 3 hrly...
cos last time when he was younger, he drinks 1.5-2hourly and we dunno how long we will be outside.. somemore he sometimes drink half den slp.. haha.. now slightly better cos he is drinking ard 2.5-3hourly.. but if go out whole day, still gonna bring 3-4milk bottles haha..

btw where u bought the lucky baby bag?? hw much huhh? sounds v useful :001_302:

Mummy :)

btw i used to carry 2 diaper bags out when dear son was younger, or if i brought only 1 bag out, inside sure full of 'useless' things and very heavy until one fine day my friend highlight to me that actually alot of things dont have to bring out.

when i was going out for only 1-2 hours with dear son, i can brought along 6-8 diapers, 4 milk bottles, 6 portions of FM, 10 hankies, 3-4 bibs, cloth napkin (which dear son totally DONT need it)...

after that i learn to pack lesser stuffs into my pack.. bring your baby out often and soon you will know which are the more impt and less impt things to bring along =)
I agree with you:tlaugh:I used to bring such a big bag when my baby was younger but now, I only bring a tote bag when we go out even for a whole day....Much lighter and also easier to carry around....Can't think of "those" old days when u got to bring a heavy big bag and a stroller at the same time:tlaugh:

Gone are the "days":001_302:

shahlin

Hello! I really need help. :07: When bringing baby outside to shop or just get fresh air, there are a lot of necessary things to bring out. I am wondering how do you all organise the stuff to bring out and pack them in the bag. Do you all face difficulties too carrying all the stuff out?

HiHi.. heee i think dis is the thread for me! hah! i got a toddler and a baby stuff to pack all in one bag! all comes in double set.. diapers, milk, hankies, clothes.. u name it.. all 2! Allerhand beg works wonders for me. have tons of secret compartment. I even have shampoo and soap in my bag! (not to mention small water sprayer in case i cant find any toilet and extra batteries for the mobile fan!)

clothes..diapers and all are packed in ziplock bag.. compressed.. and i hooked up 2 individual bottle warmer outside the bag for easy access. Thats the good thing bout this bag, u can just about hang anything anywhere!

Try it out! Allerhand rocks! hahaha and yes... dun bring too many things out if ure on short trip out.. just the impt one will do..

Cheers!

apollo

I agree with you:tlaugh:I used to bring such a big bag when my baby was younger but now, I only bring a tote bag when we go out even for a whole day....Much lighter and also easier to carry around....Can't think of "those" old days when you got to bring a heavy big bag and a stroller at the same time:tlaugh:

Gone are the "days":001_302:
HAHA now much more easier right? at least older babies milk time interval is longer haha!!!

Domique

Hey Reginakoh,

do see my wetbag. see u bring so many ziplock cannot tarhan must tell u.... u gotta keep changing those ziplock must as well get wetbag.

i always use wetbag to put his toys and clothes.

Do pm me if you keen... give u special price. :p

Cheers! Happy New Year!

i just dump everything in a diaper bag BUT organise everything nicely

1stly, i bought plenty of diffe sizes ziplock bag.

hankies - 1 ziplock bag
spare clothes - 1 ziplock bag
diapers - 1 ziplock bag
and 1 extra ziplock bag for dirty clothes/hankies...

thermal flask, milk bottle and FM are most impt ones, i will place it near the 'zip' opening, easier for me to take out..

Domique

I love my allerhand too....

But i still use wetbag to keep his toys as they are teething and always bite on their toys.... :)

Should invest in a good diaper bag so going out and packing will be easier!

:)

HiHi.. heee i think this is the thread for me! hah! i got a toddler and a baby stuff to pack all in one bag! all comes in double set.. diapers, milk, hankies, clothes.. you name it.. all 2! Allerhand beg works wonders for me. have tons of secret compartment. I even have shampoo and soap in my bag! (not to mention small water sprayer in case i cant find any toilet and extra batteries for the mobile fan!)

clothes..diapers and all are packed in ziplock bag.. compressed.. and i hooked up 2 individual bottle warmer outside the bag for easy access. Thats the good thing bout this bag, you can just about hang anything anywhere!

Try it out! Allerhand rocks! hahaha and yes... dont bring too many things out if ure on short trip out.. just the impt one will do..

Cheers!

ochklk

cos last time when he was younger, he drinks 1.5-2hourly and we dont know how long we will be outside.. somemore he sometimes drink half then sleep.. haha.. now slightly better cos he is drinking around 2.5-3hourly.. but if go out whole day, still gonna bring 3-4milk bottles haha..

btw where you bought the lucky baby bag?? hw much huhh? sounds very useful :001_302:
I bought it at BHG. When I bought that time only left 3 leh and having sales... I'm not sure still have or not, by the way I use ziplog bag too, and I prefer it to change once in a while and maybe if the clothes nv use, I'll just leave it in my diapers bag.

PinkDiamonds

One way to help your organize your diaper bag better, and to prevent bringing unnecessary items is to plan how long you intend to be out. I also will give DD a feed before going out, so that she either does not need to be fed at all when we're outside, or just needs 1 feed.

I will bring 2 diapers out if we are going out for 3-4 hours. & if I have to get things done, I'll make sure I do it within the planned duration, ie: 4 hours. So means after 4 hours we must go home.

For me, I *ALWAYS* forget to bring hanky out.

apollo

Hey Reginakoh,

do see my wetbag. see you bring so many ziplock cannot tarhan must tell you.... you gotta keep changing those ziplock must as well get wetbag.

i always use wetbag to put his toys and clothes.

Do pm me if you keen... give you special price. :p

Cheers! Happy New Year!
ya i saw from ur blogshop, wat's wetbags actually?? i use ziplock bag cos i can 'compress' it and make it 'slimmer', to save space. haha!!

DodoTan

I think it's a matter of experience. You'll eventually learn what you need and what youu don't. Now, generally, I will have 2 diapers and a change of clothes in the diaper bag, together with a bottle of hot water and a normal waterbottle. I gave up on those fancy containers that protion milk powder cos I can never remember how many scoups I put inside. I just use one of the avent milk bottles I have, fill it up with formula and put a scoup inside. Same with baby cereal, I also use an avent milk bottle for it. Just use that flat stopper thingy instead of the teat for the cover. Makes it so much easier to pack.

Oppsgal

Just pack a ready bag that contains:

- diapers and disposable changing mat
- baby's cap, bib and hand towel
- wet towel
- tissue
- anything else you would like to bring for your baby

When want to go out, just put baby's food/bottle and water bottle in the bag, then can go out faster. The bag no need to unpack. Only take out the food/ bottle to wash when home.

Throw the bag in baby's room. :tlaugh: When bring out then bring that bag too.

princessminn

i used to bring lots of things out...lots of clothes for juz in case and many barangs...
but now,i only bring 1extra piece of rompers n one bib(in a ziplock bag)...
diapers,baby wipes,powder in a ziplock bag...
3-4hankerchiefs in a ziplock bag,
his toys in another ziplock...
his 'tibits' in one box...
his milk all tt place near e zipper for easy access...=D

recently bought a new diaper bag(in fact,my 1st diaper bag,used to use my own bag to carry his things),n find it worth n easy to use...
light as well...
bought at guardian...cheap cheap...xD

my diaper bag are pre-packed...
b4 go out,juz pack his milk things n put it into e bag will do...=D

apollo

i used to bring lots of things out...lots of clothes for just in case and many barangs...
but now,i only bring 1extra piece of rompers n one bib(in a ziplock bag)...
diapers,baby wipes,powder in a ziplock bag...
3-4hankerchiefs in a ziplock bag,
his toys in another ziplock...
his 'tibits' in one box...
his milk all that place near e zipper for easy access...=D

recently bought a new diaper bag(in fact,my 1st diaper bag,used to use my own bag to carry his things),n find it worth n easy to use...
light as well...
bought at guardian...cheap cheap...xD

my diaper bag are pre-packed...
before go out,just pack his milk things n put it into e bag will do...=D
HI 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we both are 'ziplock mummies'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tlaugh:

jasobias

I dont like diaper bags.Mine is always heavy.Then i keep buying bigger ones coz old one too small n cramped but then since bag is bigger i keep adding more stuff:err:..hhahaha
My diaper bag is always prepared .Last thing to put in is the flask for making milk.I paCK bib,small bottle of baby food(gerber heinz kind),baby biscuits, small spoon,small container n a packet of those baby cereal n one spare baby bottle in a ziplock bag.Then also diaper stuff,abt 4 diapers,nappy rash cream(sample size) wetwipes n tissue.Then one set spare clothes.
I think its my huge wallet thts wearing me down n the heavy bunch of keys.Miss those days of light bags!!

woofy55

wow.. this is a good thread for me.. hehe... confinement is over! And i just brought my boy out today for 2 hrs (to try him on car seat and stroller) and rush home just before his feeding time (in between kept looking at him when he starts to move around) - thou I brought along his milk... just scare he will cry.. and we kan cheong.. hehehehe...

so for expressed milk - how did you mummies warm milk up? bring along thermo flask with water and a cup?? today i brought powder.. cos i scare warming up takes time .. we are just scare that he cries... hehe... Are you all conscious of yr babies crying too when u are outside?? :p but we kept telling ourselves... it's normal that babies cries!!! perhaps we just worried abt the attention we will get... then see how ga-lang-ga-bo we are... :p