Malacca

elmo493

Any interesting places to visit or nice food to eat there.
Being there for more than 3 times but never ready go round the place.
First time for my son to go out of singapore. Hope he can enjoy the short trip

AnXanne

Hi, there is pretty popular chinese resturant, called "bei zhan", translate from Chinese - North Inn. The food is fresh especially the fish, and price is reasonable. Beside the restaurant, there is a shop that sell the local stuff - and the concentrated lime juice and cookies is delicious. If you are driving, you could just ask the local for the local. Enjoy your trip.

jessielu

Anyone can share on self drive to malacca? Have book a night @ Holiday Inn for next sat and hope someone who have driven previously can share on what is the route:tlaugh:

yakii

Anyone can share on self drive to malacca? Have book a night @ Holiday Inn for next sat and hope someone who have driven previously can share on what is the route:tlaugh:
Me and my family just drove there 2 weeks ago..was pretty easy..we travel by Tuas which is a little more expensive but then it worth cos no jam ....travel all the way along the highway till u see the sign MALACCA turn left...then travel straight till u see the Toll into malacca and again travel straight all the way till u see a very round about then turn left..and again travel straight..u will reach the town of malacca and is very easy to see the hotel there....btw we book at Equatorial hotel..but Holiday Inn is not far from that hotel...and is rather safe to travel in malacca..if u feel not very confident..u can go google map and there is a step by step guide to malacaa from singapore. I use that for guide to Malacca and is our 1st time driving so far...is rather a good experience:001_302:

jessielu

Me and my family just drove there 2 weeks ago..was pretty easy..we travel by Tuas which is a little more expensive but then it worth cos no jam ....travel all the way along the highway till you see the sign MALACCA turn left...then travel straight till you see the Toll into malacca and again travel straight all the way till you see a very round about then turn left..and again travel straight..you will reach the town of malacca and is very easy to see the hotel there....btw we book at Equatorial hotel..but Holiday Inn is not far from that hotel...and is rather safe to travel in malacca..if you feel not very confident..you can go google map and there is a step by step guide to malacaa from singapore. I use that for guide to Malacca and is our 1st time driving so far...is rather a good experience:001_302:
Mind to share the steps by steps guide as I cannot find it:shyxxx:

yakii

Mind to share the steps by steps guide as I cannot find it:shyxxx:
Sorry now then manage to read ur post....i will go home and check the detail map and do u have an email?? if have i can bring it to office tomolo and scan it for u.

jessielu

It's ok as I have return from my trip, manage to find our way, just making turns to find Holiday Inn:wong29:

mrsmorgan

Any interesting places to visit or nice food to eat there.
Being there for more than 3 times but never ready go round the place.
First time for my son to go out of singapore. Hope he can enjoy the short trip
hey u shld try the "chicken rice balls", chendol and laksa in jonker walk.. sorry i cant rem e shops' names though! n u shld go to e mango boutique there too! =)

jessielu

I try the Afamosa chicken rice in jonker, not nice at all. Intend to try 1 called Hoe Kee but Q very long.

As for chendol, highly recommended to try out.

As for laksa, never really try.

Along Jonker street, there are few eateries where u find many q, there is also a stall which sell fried oyster and got ppl q for her, never tried as find that the serving too huge for a mer RM4 :Dancing_wub:

need

jonker 88 durian cendol and icekacang
goin back on national day...yippi

Last edited:

LWP6998

Alpha Male
holiday inn is quite a nice hotel i get from reviews.. am going to try it out on the next visit. i tried hotel equatorial, always hotel renaissonace pardon me if the spelling is wrong.:nah:

littlehelper

Yeah the chicken rice balls are famous.Almost everytime i go to malacca will visit that eating place.
Holiday inn is nice been there once.
Saw some kids room at the ground floor,some thing like drop-off service.:D
The food is quite nice too :D

mrsmorgan

ive been craving for chicken rice balls too but i cant possibly drive to malacca just for that right.. haha!

anyone know if we can get em here in sg??

LWP6998

Alpha Male
MrsMorgan

i don't recall Sg got any chicken rice ball currently... only place i ate chicken rice ball was in Malacca.. the stall within walking distance from Hotel renaissance along the main road...

If driving there, morning set off, should be able to reach there about 2 to 3 hrs time, depending on the driver...

got a friend who just drove all the way there and are a plate of charKway Teow and then drove back to Sg... really crazy.. haha..

mrsmorgan

e prob is ive got motion sickness so cant stay in vehicle for very long.. haha! someone shld start selling those chic rice balls here in sg.. sure make money! if they're delicious enough, that is! :Dancing_tongue:

yakii

ive been craving for chicken rice balls too but i cant possibly drive to malacca just for that right.. haha!

anyone know if we can get em here in sg??
yes you can find chicken rice ball at Blk 111 Toa payoh lor 1 the blk just beside the MRT station.The stall name is Good year local hainanese chicken rice. BUT prepare to queue up for it during peak hr There is another one at Boon Hwa Food centre, 43 Jalan Besar. But i still prefer the one the one at Toa Payoh as it taste better.

jessielu

Never know that such exotic food can be found in SG and in the prime estate too, should try out to see which is better :tlaugh: