May MTB 2008

sunnie

hullo all

I'm new here too..
1st child and EDD 27/05/08...

Still quite blur as got many people tell me different things...
Haven got anything for baby yet.. think will only do so when I'm into the 4th month or so...
now only thing on my mind is confinement lady... have you all source for confinement lady yet?

naze

Me same as Charmaine. Expecting 2nd child. My EDD is 15 May 2008.

What is MTB ?

Last edited:
Hi Sunnie,

Congrats! For me i confirmed my confinement nanny once i hit 12 weeks. I used her once for my first child, and i really like her alot alot. So i am using her again. From what i know, alot of good confinement nannies are booked 5-6 months in advance, so if you really want to get one, must quickly booked already,

Hi Naze,

Congrats, i think MTB is mum to be. How old is your elder child? For me my elder daughter is 2 year 4 months. but i feel more tired for this second pregnancy and the MS is worse! Is your first child jealous or more clingy?

naze

Hi smurferoos,

Thank you. Oic, my daugther is 15 months. I have MS for both, I have more gastric juice for this pregnancy. Any food is not my taste, eat for the sick of eating. My daugther is fussy if I go home myself, if hubby fetching home, she acts differently.

Hi Naze,

Yeah like you, both preg i also have MS and this one doesn't show any signs of easing up, at least for my first one i feel better around 15-16 weeks, for the second one i am still puking 2-3 times a week, sigh.

And for the second pregnancy, i feel that my tummy starts to show earlier, for my first even at 5 months plus i can still pass off as fat (hahaha) but this one, now i am at 15 weeks i think need to wear maternity clothes already! And worse, the night before, my tummy still small, then over night it grew and i can't fit into my usual clothes..sob sob.

naze

Hi Smurferoos,

During my first pregnancy, my tummy was shown around 4-5 months. My current pregnancy, my tummy is shown around 13 weeks. Dont be sad, dont you feel happy to show your tummy to everyone & they know you are pregnant ?

Sometimes I can feel my baby's heartbeat & my baby's poke poke inside my womb, since morning, I cant feel it. Now still worrying. Do you feel worry what your baby is doing in your womb ?

Last edited:
hi hi,

yeah naze you are correct, it's quite fun when people knows that i am pregnant, but i have some neighbour who don't dare to ask, and keep staring at my tummy...so funny!

are you putting on weight already, so me i am still trying to gain back the weight i lost during the first tri.

Maybe we are still early on in our pregnancy, sometimes i can feel the baby heartbeat too, esp when lie down very still, and can feel the movements at time, but sometimes nothing at all. Maybe when we are more advanced in our preg then we can feel the baby more often. Don't worry too much, as long as we still have the pregnant symptons then should be ok!

Do you have rashes! i have bad rashes!

BTW anyone knows where to buy waist expander?

naze

Hi Smurferoos,

Yah, even my colleagues also stared at my tummy & wait after a few days then they asked if I'm expecting ?

Me also lost abit of weight during first trimester, me gained weight, still havent gain back to my pre-pregnant weight. I'm not worried cos will gain later.

Now second trimester, what are the pregnant symptons to look out for?

I dont have rashes but during first trimester, my side of my buttocks are itchy & i scared non-stop, now is ok.

Is yours caused by skin expanded due to pregnancy, that is got rashes ?

What is waist expander ?

Hi Naze,

I think 2nd tri not much symptons right, i don't know, but i feel that my MS better, but still no appetite, so like you still trying my best to put on weight to the pre-pregnancy weight too. I thnk 2nd tri is suppose to be the honeymoon tri cos everything is suppose to be very good! Hopefully it's true for you.

Have you seen your gyane? For me it will be next tues, can't wait to see him and hopefully can know the gender of the baby, i think i am very impatient!

I think rashes is hormonal, now better already, hopefully will go away.

Waist expander is just to hold your old jeans and skirt together, it's like a bra expander. So can save money on those expensive maternity clothes.

naze

Hi Smurferoos,

Yes, I agreeded second tri is honeymoon but me depends on mood for food. One day appetite can be good, another day, I will either feel indigested or not much appetite.

Yes, I have seen him on Tues, due to my baby's position, still cant see my baby's gender. Me same as you, still hoping for a daugther, sisters are closer. As for hubby, he hopes for a boy this time.

Dont worry, will go away. Now try to apply cream recommended by your gynae to ease the rash.

Oic, but dont you have your previous maternity clothings ?

hi Naze,

I am like you, some days i can eat some days i can't even drink water. but the funny thing is that usually around evening i won't have appetite anymore.

Going this coming tues, hopefully can see, yeah like you, i think my hubby will want a boy this time, cos we have a gal already. but i also prefer gals.

Doc never give any cream, so i am using calamine lotion only.

Have previous maternity clothes, but still too big, and normal clothes too tight...sigh....

babe_belle

Hi Everyone, i am new here...

My sister is due in May 2008 so here i am, reading up to provide her with some valuable information and for myself in future...

I read up on some forums about mothers facing problems with confinement ladies and what are the charges like? Any recommendations to order confinement food?

Hi hi,

COnfinement nanny charges about 1800 for 28 days. They will stay with you and look after the baby and cook for you! To me, they are the most valuable help ever. But good confinement nanny are hard to find and get booked real early.

babe_belle

Hi Smurferoos,

Thanks for the info. Just for my info, i understand the nanny cooks 3 meals too but only for the mother or for the family too?

sapple

Hello All,

I'm new here and this is my 1st child EDD 31May08.
Wanna find out valuable tips and advice here. :)

Btw, any idea where can I buy the waist expander?

Hi hi,

Babe_bella, my confinement nanny cooks for the whole family, so it all depends on your nanny. but most don't mind cooking for the family.

Hi sapple, I know mothercare sells the waist expander, but it's out of stock. i am still looking around for it. if you find it please let me know.

hi piggy mummy, heard that dong cong cao very good, so can drink but it's very expensive right, if you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay for it?

Dear Dragontooth86,

Thanx for sharing, the price quite good har, i went to Eu ren seng yesterday and they quoted me $520 for 10grams of dong cong cao!!!

Just to share, i went to my gynae just now, and he confirm that I am having a son. ANyone knows the gender of their baby? Please share! :)