Medela or avent?

msck

Hey mrsliaw, i have not started working yet. But i feel it's abit bulky n loud... Well.. Give n take lor. Cos i heard from other mummies tt suction is good as the mortar is more powerful.

N u can buy parts from us. Sg selling super ex. I bought extra accessory set (2 funnels + 2 membrances + 3 bottles ), in case i want to change any parts. Lol. Also, i bought extra 10bottles, cos tt time silly, din think of storage bags... Lol. I think price quite reasonable in amazon.com. Sg is ridiculous. 3 bottles selling at $30+.

msck

N yes. Mine is the backpack looking one. Think it comes w some bottles n a cooler bag! U can check online. Lol

Yes, it comes with 4 bottle and a cooler bag for PISA. A colleague of mine bought the freestyle, it's a very small backpack that you hand carried. But the only con is you have to addition carry the cooler bag.

Mrs Liaw, PISA is more bulky to carry out. meaning you have to carry an additional bag for the pump. But you can put the cooler bag in the pump bag. Freestyle is more mobile. but then cos I read reviews also that PISA is mechanical pump, so more powerful. The older version of PISA (which is the tote bag and backpack version) is attached to the bag, so you have to bring the bag out in order to use the pump. There is a version of PISA which is mobile - the metro bag. The difference between the PISA metro and Freestyle is that PISA metro is mechanical pump and freestyle is digital pump. You can get the pump from this seller.

Medela : AgapeBabies, your baby essentials store

The prices has increased.

hi mrs liaw,

if you have good supply, and wanted something more easy to carry, then consider freestyle. i go no problem with suction, because hard suction does not means more milk which i dont know intially and reduce to medium suction speed which stimulate more milk. u need to adjust the settings accordingly to suit yr breast and get the milk:)

mrsliaw

Hello all mummies thanks for your advices I just bough a medela PISA today for $629 as I wanted the warranty and I couldn't wait any longer my nipples are so soar that I'm scared to let baby latch/pump. And I notice that freestyle is more expensive? Regarding the bulky part I'm ok with it as I'm driving,but if not its really troublesome .

Thanks all kind mummies

Rodorsany

Mrsliaw hw is it?? Im using avent single electric too... But my coll loan me her avent dual pump but unfortunately plug.spoiled. ..

andieluv2

I know of a place that sells unimom.cheap. Can pm me if u need the details as i dun wanna like put the name.here as free advertisment.for them nahz. But they sell.medela parts too... Found.them in the expo.sale. Got.my.milk.bags from them.too..

andieluv2

I am using pisa too!!! and have to say its a good pump nahz. Initially i.bought avent.single.electric. Totally regret. Neber.tot.of.will.use it.sooooo often. And its.really durable. I brought it to malaysia to pump too whn i had to attend a conference there 2wks ago. Bcoz of my low supply, i.plan to.stop bf-ing my bb whn i.go bck to wrk. My work nature wont allow me to.pump regularly. And plus the wrk stress, my already little supply guess will diminish bery fast. But Will keep it in good condition so i could loan it to my loved ones whn they need it and save it for my 2nd child.

I heard from a sales person that unimom forte is hospital grade and is even better than.medela pisa. How true.i dun kmow. Neber use before. Heard that its a korean brand. Anyone used it before?!

Rodorsany

andieluv2:708005 said:
I am using pisa too!!! and have to say its a good pump nahz. Initially i.bought avent.single.electric. Totally regret. Neber.tot.of.will.use it.sooooo often. And its.really durable. I brought it to malaysia to pump too whn i had to attend a conference there 2wks ago. Bcoz of my low supply, i.plan to.stop bf-ing my bb whn i.go bck to wrk. My work nature wont allow me to.pump regularly. And plus the wrk stress, my already little supply guess will diminish bery fast. But Will keep it in good condition so i could loan it to my loved ones whn they need it and save it for my 2nd child.

I heard from a sales person that unimom forte is hospital grade and is even better than.medela pisa. How true.i dun kmow. Neber use before. Heard that its a korean brand. Anyone used it before?!
Mayb u can emailed me?? Though low.supply.. Im using alot of time pumping usinh my avent.. Mayb good if i go back my parents place small enough.though i prob latch then top up with fm

mrsliaw

Mrsliaw hw is it?? Im using avent single electric too... But my coll loan me her avent dual pump but unfortunately plug.spoiled. ..
Hello rodorsany! the medela pump is really awesome. Apparently double pump seems to stimulate more milk for me. Best part no nipple sore: ) the suction is strong but gentle to the nipples. Also very convenient as Everything is in the bag. Just grab and go: ))

mrsliaw

Hello andieluv can pm me the contact too? Incase I need angry medela parts! Tia: )

I think both freestyle n Pisa are good. Freestyle is digital pump, pisa is mechanical pump. Freestyle very portable n need can b charged n not use a charger during pumping. Pisa more bulky n u need a battery pack or pluck in charge for it to work. I find Pisa more powerful mayb cos is a mechanical pump. Also since is mechanical pump, someone who knows machines in the famy can help to fix. My Fil actually helped me fix the pump when it broke down twice cos of heavy usage. If freestyle breakdown , I think may not b easy to fix.

I luv my Pisa pump! Tho I would like the portability of freestyle, I think I prefer a more powerful pump which gives beta yield

mrsliaw

Also freestyle pump is handsfree. Which means there's a clip for you to clip to your bra when pumping than you can do other things. But I prefer PISA too cause it's powerful and moreover the bag is just a pack and go so very convenient

Sharontang103

Hi Rodorsany,

I am selling away my Avent Twin Pump. Not using it as my baby prefer to latch. Bought at Taka Baby Fair In Jul 12. Opened only in Sep after baby is born and used for less a month. Come with 2 year warranty starting from Jul 12. Interchangeable to Manual pump with parts included. What you see in pic is what you get. For hygiene purpose, bottles and nipples are excluded. 100% working condition. Interested, pls call or SMS or whatsapp to 82829488.
Click below for more product info from Philips website:
Philips - Breast pumps Twin electronic breast pump Includes 2x 4oz bottle - SCF314/02 - Breast pumps - Breastfeeding - Mother and child care

Attachments

Rodorsany

Hi Sharontang.. Thanks i got a 2nd pisa... I'd tried avent too... But cant wait for e plug.. Bot pisa.. So far it helps.. Though my supply still low.. But i can see its growing... Bb 7 weeks le... Hope will continue to increase...