MIL is not happy cos i'm a clean freak

pkshl

I think it's not advisable for you to leave your bb in the care of your mil since both of you are already not getting along well. I used to get along with my mil but ever since bb was born, our views have clashed quite a bit. Fortunately i take care of DD on my own so i dun need to be dependent on someone i dun like or trust. If you're dependent on your mil, even if she does something that you dun like for your baby, it's very difficult to tell her not to do that coz eventually she's still indispensable to you. You should start thinking of alternative arrangements so that ties will not be be more strained than it already is.
i did talk to my hb abt this issue but hes very persistent on letting his mum take care bcos he feels that own family take care is always best cos his stupid mum had told him horror stories of how babysitters ill-treat babies for example cut nails until bleed or nv bath & got head lice or never eat 3meals or can leave baby in sarong for whole day & go n play majong. so he hear liao freak out lor.

my mum did highlight to my hb that his mum might not b able to cope since shes already taking care of her 2nd son 2older kids & pls lor, the smaller 1 juz 1yr old nia, now can start hitting his older sister liao. im more worried abt my baby's safety, worried that the 2kids will go n disturb my baby. sign.. but my mum say liao also no use, he simply tel her 1 stupid reason, last time his grandma kampong days take care 10over grandkids, his mum also can:elvis:. my mum tel him that was last time, now different but he dun get it. i tel u, each time we talk abt tis sure quarrel so my mum said never mind, let MIL try 1st , if she cant cope, faster go n find babysitter near my place, dun care anymore & is my baby, she only granny, she has no right to overstep her role as granny.

mag_huiling

^5 to u too! my MIL is much worst. in my early pregnancy(last nov), she can boast to my parents that she will give me eat high grade birdnest so that i will ve big & fat baby. siao! but anywae endup only 1 small miserable cup of birdnest & that was last mth. & worst, she likes to compare me & her daughter(whos also pregnant) tummy, when i was in my 6th mth, she can tel me my tummy is NOT obvious unlike her daughter whos tummy so big & only 5mth. den FIL say who say cannot c tummy, his daughter is fat & big sized unlike me whos small size, den MIL still can argue say BUT I STILL CANNOT C HER TUMMY:elvis: WTH! i tink shes blind! & i was so pissed i told my hb straight his stupid mother is DAMN IRRITATING! he can juz say aiya shes like tat 1 la, juz ignore her lor. angry sia! so i bitch to my mum who hear liao very angry, go n scold my hb.

now i juz simply hate to go their house. they always cook so oily food, it was only when their daughter got go their house den i will get to eat good food.
overall, they r juz yucky & horrible! i cant imagine how will it like when she take care of my son nxt time. sure Quarrel with her everyday.

At least u got to eat birdnest although it's a miserable small cup. I didn't get to, cause MIL says too expensive!
And u got chance to eat good food although it's only when ur SIL goes over. For me, MIL cooked not only oily, fried food, but no proper meal. sometimes just pancakes or porridge w canned food. Got some nutritious food only when i go over to my aunt's place. MIL will complain that nutritious foods like fish, chicken etc, is EXPENSIVE!

apollo

At least u got to eat birdnest although it's a miserable small cup. I didn't get to, cause MIL says too expensive!
And u got chance to eat good food although it's only when ur SIL goes over. For me, MIL cooked not only oily, fried food, but no proper meal. sometimes just pancakes or porridge w canned food. Got some nutritious food only when i go over to my aunt's place. MIL will complain that nutritious foods like fish, chicken etc, is EXPENSIVE!
WAOPIANG!!! understandable if she say birdnest is ex... but i tot food like fish, chk are very impt to our body esp fish?? when she said fish i ex, izzit before u preg only or even during u preg she still say "fish is ex!"???

mag_huiling

WAOPIANG!!! understandable if she say birdnest is ex... but i tot food like fish, chk are very impt to our body esp fish?? when she said fish i ex, izzit before u preg only or even during u preg she still say "fish is ex!"???
When Im preg! Was wondering why have i met such a MIL! How ex can fish be? as ex as birdnest?haha.....

mag_huiling

Hi! Huiling,

Why dun you ask your MIL to buy the fish and tell her that you will pay for it? Then she has no chance to say that fish is ex.
Im currently not working, so using my hb money to pay for all these. Its not my MIL who's paying, but yet she's the one who said that...

Girafee

my mil also keep saying she does not know to shower little baby although my baby not yet come out..aiyo, i don't need her to shower my baby lah..i will do it.....

mag_huiling

my mil also keep saying she does not know to shower little baby although my baby not yet come out..aiyo, i don't need her to shower my baby lah..i will do it.....
my mil also offered to bathe for my bb, but she also said she forgotten how to bathe bb. i also dun wan her to bathe bb cos she herself is so dirty, how can she clean bb?!

but during our confinement cant touch water mah... so how to bathe for bb urself?

apollo

my mil also offered to bathe for my bb, but she also said she forgotten how to bathe bb. i also dun wan her to bathe bb cos she herself is so dirty, how can she clean bb?!

but during our confinement cant touch water mah... so how to bathe for bb urself?
ask ur hubby bathe for bb b4 he goes wk?? or when he comes bk?? actu if really come to the worst which no one can bathe for bb, we as the mother also bobian hav to do it ourselves... LOL

Frenchkitty

My MIL also said she is worried because she doesnt know how to bathe babies since it's been 3 decades that she never look after babies.

But that's OK. I rather Hubby & I be the ones doing the parenting than other people. We want to be very hands-on in bringing up our children.:wong19:

mag_huiling

ask ur hubby bathe for bb b4 he goes wk?? or when he comes bk?? actu if really come to the worst which no one can bathe for bb, we as the mother also bobian hav to do it ourselves... LOL
my hb doesn't even show any concern b4 bb is born, who knows whether will he show any concern after bb is born.

even if he shows, he would say that he doesn't know, and wouldn't even bothers to learn. he's simply too lazy to care abt any other things other then playing his online game and sleeping.

apollo

den u gonna learn hw to do it alrdy... take care of ur bb on ur own, in future ur bb will be closer with u den anyone... it's ur hubby loss tt he dunno hw to enjoy fatherhood..

JIAYOU!!! U can do it!!! :Dancing_wub:

my hb doesn't even show any concern b4 bb is born, who knows whether will he show any concern after bb is born.

even if he shows, he would say that he doesn't know, and wouldn't even bothers to learn. he's simply too lazy to care abt any other things other then playing his online game and sleeping.
alamak. your case so similar to mine. except yours is hb mine is ex bf. he also only know how to play computer games. and he doesn't even work can. 6mths 4diff job. each didnt even last 1 mth.. thats why, sayonara..
his mother dont even know im pregnant. i dont intend to let my bb acknowledge them.
not asking you to bring ball run la.
anyway. hows your r/s with your own family. its always best to rely on your own parents. if not, yourself. no matter what happen between you and your man now or in future, you must have a backup plan wor. just in case things dont go the way you initially planned. at least you wont suddenly dont know what to do. prepare for the worst la..
read up more on pregnancy and newborns. but dont get confused by different people giving different opinions. cause different people have different thinking, and different ways of taking care, bringing up their little ones. and sometimes, its good to listen to older generation abit la. must learn how to judge what can listen what cannot.. :001_302:
i walk through 8mths myself, with my mama la. so its not that hard if you willing to sacrifice abit here and there. give you moral support.

mag_huiling

alamak. your case so similar to mine. except yours is hb mine is ex bf. he also only know how to play computer games. and he doesn't even work can. 6mths 4diff job. each didnt even last 1 mth.. thats why, sayonara..
his mother dont even know im pregnant. i dont intend to let my bb acknowledge them.
not asking you to bring ball run la.
anyway. hows your r/s with your own family. its always best to rely on your own parents. if not, yourself. no matter what happen between you and your man now or in future, you must have a backup plan wor. just in case things dont go the way you initially planned. at least you wont suddenly dont know what to do. prepare for the worst la..
read up more on pregnancy and newborns. but dont get confused by different people giving different opinions. cause different people have different thinking, and different ways of taking care, bringing up their little ones. and sometimes, its good to listen to older generation abit la. must learn how to judge what can listen what cannot.. :001_302:
i walk through 8mths myself, with my mama la. so its not that hard if you willing to sacrifice abit here and there. give you moral support.
same.. my hb keeps complaining abt his job n boss. he's even better, one job doesnt even last for 1 week. only his current job, no choice cos i now not working so he die at work also cant quit, unless his ears can tolerate my sutra!

Im planning if really bb born alr n i started working n he doesnt wanna work, i'll divorce him n bring bb run, wouldn't bring ball run.. haha...

Luckily i still got my own family to help me out. my aunties have been giving me tips on how to tk care of bb. one aunty even offered to teach me how to bathe NB for the first week.

same.. my hb keeps complaining abt his job n boss. he's even better, one job doesnt even last for 1 week. only his current job, no choice cos i now not working so he die at work also cant quit, unless his ears can tolerate my sutra!

Im planning if really bb born alr n i started working n he doesnt wanna work, i'll divorce him n bring bb run, wouldn't bring ball run.. haha...

Luckily i still got my own family to help me out. my aunties have been giving me tips on how to tk care of bb. one aunty even offered to teach me how to bathe NB for the first week.
at least yours bother to stay on. mine cant stay on and still jobless the last time i heard of him. 1 mth plus ago.. the more i hear from him the more i feel that im doing the right thing leaving.. dont understand why is it that the problem always lies with the job, the environment, the people, but never him. really regret never give him one tight slap....
wa. but divorce very troublesome leh. san si er hou xing. think thrice ar. dont chong dong. try and try till you really do everything you can le then give up. so that in future wont have any regrets. and also can tell your little one you really tried your best but it just couldnt work lo.
i mean like.. if can its always better for a child to grow up in a complete family. but of cause, a happy complete family. if his father cant do the job of a father, then no point giving the child a useless father. and end of the day, he tell you, i rather not have this kind of father..
haha. during my early stage my thinking is, bb come out le i will just throw to my mama. she can do all the cleaning washing bb for me. but now, as days past. dont know why. suddenly feel like doing everything myself. keep imagina me hold bb feed him, shower him, super looking forward to doing all those.. i think though it will be tiring, but got the man zhu gan leh. :Dancing_tongue:

mag_huiling

at least yours bother to stay on. mine cant stay on and still jobless the last time i heard of him. 1 mth plus ago.. the more i hear from him the more i feel that im doing the right thing leaving.. dont understand why is it that the problem always lies with the job, the environment, the people, but never him. really regret never give him one tight slap....
wa. but divorce very troublesome leh. san si er hou xing. think thrice ar. dont chong dong. try and try till you really do everything you can le then give up. so that in future wont have any regrets. and also can tell your little one you really tried your best but it just couldnt work lo.
i mean like.. if can its always better for a child to grow up in a complete family. but of cause, a happy complete family. if his father cant do the job of a father, then no point giving the child a useless father. and end of the day, he tell you, i rather not have this kind of father..
haha. during my early stage my thinking is, bb come out le i will just throw to my mama. she can do all the cleaning washing bb for me. but now, as days past. dont know why. suddenly feel like doing everything myself. keep imagina me hold bb feed him, shower him, super looking forward to doing all those.. i think though it will be tiring, but got the man zhu gan leh. :Dancing_tongue:
They will never have the thots that it's their fault one! I also want my bb to grow up in a complete family. In case next time when she ask me "where's daddy" I dont need to answer! Unless it really dont work out for both of us.

Im due in 5 July. I'll be glad to meet up for coffee since it's so near! (in case i rot at home! lol...)

snowbear

My mil refused to let me bathe bb during the first two weeks of confinement but i secretly did so when she went back on Sundays to her own place. hehe...

My mil bathed my dd but in the end she didn't know how to wear clothes for my dd and i had to squat down to wear clothes for my dd... i had c-sect wor. Very painful to squat down but for my dd, what to do??? :err: