Milk Bottles

BB Tigger

Hi, I am a newbie to the forum and now in my 3rd trimester :001_302:

Any recommendations on which brand of milk bottles to get for a new born? And how many bottles to start off with?

jeinthiangel

hi there,

i am in my 2nd trimester and have bought the tommee tippee range btls for my baby. find that its somehow closer to breast feeding style coz of the nipples and anti colic as well as bpa free.

apollo

ds has been using Avent. but i feel that Bfree is very good. I actually changed him to Bfree when he was ard 9mth old but he dun like the teats..

Bfree is good cause there is a 'straw' in the bottle and helps to get rid of the air/bubbles cos can reduce wind getting into baby's tummy. the bad point is, when comes to washing, need to take out the parts (straw) and wash. also have to use the brush provided to wash the straw's inner part. and of cos, the price is steep compared with other bottles =)

BB Tigger

hi there,

i am in my 2nd trimester and have bought the tommee tippee range btls for my baby. find that its somehow closer to breast feeding style coz of the nipples and anti colic as well as bpa free.

Hi jeinthiangel

Thanks for your advice :001_302:

BB Tigger

dear son has been using Avent. but i feel that Bfree is very good. I actually changed him to Bfree when he was around 9mth old but he dont like the teats..

Bfree is good cause there is a 'straw' in the bottle and helps to get rid of the air/bubbles cos can reduce wind getting into baby's tummy. the bad point is, when comes to washing, need to take out the parts (straw) and wash. also have to use the brush provided to wash the straw's inner part. and of cos, the price is steep compared with other bottles =)

Hi apollo

Thanks for your advice :001_302:

BB Tigger

i bought Avent Newborn Starter kit... is good.... :001_302:
Hi angelwendy

What does the starter kit consists of?

Do you use any steriliser? Contemplating on whether to get one....and whether to get those microwavable or electric ones?...

apollo

Hi angelwendy

Do you use any steriliser? Contemplating on whether to get one....and whether to get those microwavable or electric ones?...
i've been using electric one.. i prefer electric one. haha..

angelwendy

Hi angelwendy

The Starter kit got... 2 ( 125 ML Bottles ), 2 ( Big Bottles... ) , 1 Brush to clean bottles , 1 ( Newborn to 3 months pacifier ) , 1 ( Tongs.. for u to take bottles ) & 2 ( Newborn Size 1 Teats ) , 2 ( Size 2 Teats ), 4 Bottles cap...:001_302:

yes i do buy steamer to sterilise my bottles... i bought Arkira.. very cheap & good... $39.90 only in NTUC....

Missy Cindy

Can be use hot water to sterilize the bottle? Cos i have not buy any sterilize or steamer for bottle. I also brought Avent for my new born child! :tlaugh:

Btw, Do preg mummies feel tired during 3rd tri? Cos recently i felt very restless and tired at my 3rd tri, very fast will doze off to sleep. Hmmm....

apollo

Can be use hot water to sterilize the bottle? Cos i have not buy any sterilize or steamer for bottle. I also brought Avent for my new born child! :tlaugh:

Btw, Do preg mummies feel tired during 3rd tri? Cos recently i felt very restless and tired at my 3rd tri, very fast will doze off to sleep. Hmmm....
yes u can just boil the water and aft the water is boiled, put the bottles/teats/pacifier into the hot water for 5-10 min =)

ehh i felt tired thru out the whole pregnancy, it's normal. but u r lucky, though i was tired but i cant slp well =)

BB Tigger

The Starter kit got... 2 ( 125 ML Bottles ), 2 ( Big Bottles... ) , 1 Brush to clean bottles , 1 ( Newborn to 3 months pacifier ) , 1 ( Tongs.. for you to take bottles ) & 2 ( Newborn Size 1 Teats ) , 2 ( Size 2 Teats ), 4 Bottles cap...:001_302:

yes i do buy steamer to sterilise my bottles... i bought Arkira.. very cheap & good... $39.90 only in NTUC....

Think I will get the starter kit as well :Dancing_wub:

BB Tigger

I started feeling really tired and restless when I was halfway thru my 2nd trimester :wong16:
I can even doze off during office hours!!!

angelwendy

I started feeling really tired and restless when I was halfway thru my 2nd trimester :wong16:
I can even doze off during office hours!!!

haha... is like that...:tlaugh: slowly u will get use to this feeling... but rest as much as possible...

Think I will get the starter kit as well :Dancing_wub:
Maybe you should just get one bottle and try when baby arrives before investing in the whole set. some babies can be quite fussy and the whole lot can go to waste if your baby happen to not like avent. my son uses avent too but there was a period when mommies in the forum were complaining about leaky bottles from avent and i had that experience too. must say this is no more a problem of lot though.

in any case, i am using tommy tippee for daughter because i find avent's teat rather hard. tommy tippee is a lot softer and the shape is more like the mommy's breast. the newborn anti-colic version has a vent/gadget that's supposed to draw out air. it's BPA free and i think it's better priced that avent (BPA version costs a lot more than the regular one). Also, there's cute pink and blue bottles to choose from... haha! ;)

i tried bfree for son too but too many parts to clean!

Hi, I am a newbie to the forum and now in my 3rd trimester :001_302:

Any recommendations on which brand of milk bottles to get for a new born? And how many bottles to start off with?
I had been using Avent for dd ever since she was born. When she was younger, i kept about 3 bottles, but after that i changed to the Avent BPA free bottles which seemed to have a leaking problem. So now, im just using the normal Avent bottles and Pigeon brand.

Are you going to breastfeed? if you are, acutally dun really need so many bottles.

Zillah Rahman

I agree wif u. I bought de whole set of avent, but my bb dun like so in de end muz sell off. Such a waste. I tried b free. Not wise to use bottle to go out coz chNce of contamination. But it's very effective. Now using playtex from metro. No more air mixing into de milk, no contamination, only happy baby