Milk Powder

redjn

Mummies out there can advise which of the milk powder is better.

GAIN IQ or Grow ? & comparing them against Friso Gold?

Ting

better in what sense?
not all FM suit every kid.
gotta depend which is suitable for your kid.
Pin has been on friso since NB, currently on friso 3. intend to let her continue til the last stage.

TANZHENZHI

My son has been drinking Similar since birth, proceeding to Gain IQ soon.. It depends on each child, some not suitable to the milk powder. What brand of milk powder you giving your child now? If he's fine with it then dun need change.

fioncess

My son has been drinking Similar since birth, proceeding to Gain IQ soon.. It depends on each child, some not suitable to the milk powder. What brand of milk powder you giving your child now? If he's fine with it then dont need change.

i agreed..
andrea drink mamil infant then i thought change to enfalac (as i thought its better with the AHA n stuff) but she drink twice only she start to cough with phlegm... so i change back to mamil n she's fine now.. now the tin newly open sitting on the shelve dunno wat to do with it also.. so ex some more..
so if the current 1 is ok then dun change... not the fm suit all babies...

Phoebii Cheng

Yes I agree....my son went through one change, from Nan to Friso when he was 1 yrs old....since he is ok with it now we r still letting my son drink Friso, no intention of changing

redjn

well my boy was on Friso Gold since NB now already in FG 4 but somehow I felt that my boy dun like the taste of the new formula.... that's y considering to switch to either Gain or Grow. I was at a PD Clinic d other day whom the nurse claimed that Gain is better than Grow. So now I try to find out more before I make any move. :err:

Phoebii Cheng

Oh if ur boy dun like, then it is good to change....cos' he is the one drinking it :tlaugh:

Ya I oso heard that Gain is good....

iwan2noe

Hi,

How do we know which brand of FM to start for our new born who is going to be introducted FM for the first time?

Seeking your advice, pls..

thanks!!:001_302:

diymummy

For me, I used the one from hospital first. Then get free samples from either PD or the other milk companies. My hospital used Similac but my boy was allergic so I used NAN HA recommended by PD. After that PD says actually NAN HA don't taste very nice so I got free sample from Dumex for Mamil Gold but my boy was also allergic to that.

Now he's approaching 1 and one NAN HA3 which is for 10mths and above. NAN series don't have any for 1 year and above or later stages. Not sure what other brands I should try.

Ting

Hi,

How do we know which brand of FM to start for our new born who is going to be introducted FM for the first time?

Seeking your advice, pls..

thanks!!:001_302:
u can check which one the hosp u r delivering at gives.
or u can try to obtain samples from the FM coy n see which one suits u best.
for me, i took Friso cos my mum's frens introduced thus we started from there n that.

Ting

well my boy was on Friso Gold since NB now already in FG 4 but somehow I felt that my boy dont like the taste of the new formula.... that's why considering to switch to either Gain or Grow. I was at a pediatrician Clinic d other day whom the nurse claimed that Gain is better than Grow. So now I try to find out more before I make any move. :err:
if your son dun like that i think its ok to change, afterall, he is the one taking it.
maybe u can ask your PD n see which one he intro??

apollo

i agree with the other mummies. there is not so-called good or bad FM..

ds was on friso gold when he was born but aft tt due to reflux change to friso comfort.. aft his reflux got better, changed bk to friso gold but dunno y, his phelgm come bk then we realised whenever he is on friso gold, he will have phelgm.. so we change to similac..

actu what i lik abt friso gold is, ds will poo EVERYDAY without fail.. just tt due we suspect it causes phelgm to ds so we change..

but not every babies suit or dun suit that brand =)

redjn

Hi,

Seeking your advice, pls.. thanks!!:001_302:
basically whai i did is hearing fm friend experience with their bb. I happen to pick up Friso Gold cos is 1 of the easiest to accept by bb and most of important of all the info i get fm friend is that is good & 1 of the cheapest range. :p I knew lots of mums end up picking "enfaglac", similac based on hospital recommandation. they are very expensive.... but can consider Friso Gold for a start then ask PD for guide on which is better for your child.

redjn

i agree with the other mummies. there is not so-called good or bad FM..

dear son was on friso gold when he was born but after that due to reflux change to friso comfort.. after his reflux got better, changed back to friso gold but dont know why, his phelgm come back then we realised whenever he is on friso gold, he will have phelgm.. so we change to similac..

actually what i lik about friso gold is, dear son will poo EVERYDAY without fail.. just that due we suspect it causes phelgm to dear son so we change..

but not every babies suit or dont suit that brand =)
ya I also suspect frisogold 4 is causing more phelgm for my boy that's y thinking very seriously to change. But before i decided to do so I had finish up our stock (stil hv 3 tins - 1800g) sign~~~

apollo

ya I also suspect frisogold 4 is causing more phelgm for my boy that's why thinking very seriously to change. But before i decided to do so I had finish up our stock (stil have 3 tins - 1800g) sign~~~
wow stock up so many tins?? haha.. mayb u can sell it to the mummies in this forum?? cos if it is the FM which cause phelgm, no point continue taking it...

redjn

well got it at an offer lor...didnt expect to hv prob with level FG4 but m still not sure if that is the cause. anyway i still monitoring my boy condition if still not getting better i may switich to Gain IQ.