Milk recommendation for mummy who does not like milk...

iwan2noe

I dont usually drink milk but since pregnant, my husband has been bugging and nagging me that I am not drinking enough calcium and nutrient and want to buy all sorts of milk for me... but since young I do not like to drink milk especially those milk powder type...

Any recommendation???
Hi xicloudix,

you seems to be the same case for those lactose intolerant.
For mummies who are lactose intolerant, they usually take calcium supplements or drink soyabean milk for their calcium requirement..

u may consider taking yogurt(but not too much during pregnancy, in moderation pls), soy products like tofu, beancurd, tau pok, etc..

but remb if u take calcium supplements, drinks lotsa water... ;)

hi MTBs,

I've found the info on soya bean from here:

Soya bean bad for pregnant mothers | Chinese Confinement Foods

it states might cause male infertility :p

It is actually true... CAn't remember which article that i've read when i was pregnant.... REsearch has shown that soy/ soya caused guys to have lower sperm count over time.... THey are advised to reduce their intake when trying for babies.... & for pregnant ladies, it's not advisable for them to have it when they are having boys...

I HATE milk as well.... During my pregnancy, took calcium pills and had wholemeal berry cereal with HL milk for breakfast & supper... REally works... my baby has long & strong legs.... guess at the end of the day, moderation is really important...

iwan2noe

I drank Similar Mum during my preggy, still acceptable the taste!
Hi chelle,

I tried similac Mum milk powder sample ytd, and it is v thick and sweet..my hubby made a full cup brimmed of milk with water but it still taste thick.. is my cup too small ? it is sweet also...

Do u feel that same? Dumex mum is nice also with vanilla flavouring..not so sweet and thickness just nice...

now still experimenting which one to get as I got both samples of similac mum and dumex mum....hee...

M&M

request calcium and multi-vitamin supplements from your gynae. this way you do not have to drink milk and do not need to fear eating not enough vitamins from daily food. remember to request from your gynae. :001_302:

Ting

if u dun like powder milk, then drink fresh milk.
i drank abt 1 carton of fresh milk daily since 4 mths preg.

kenxf_03

27 weeks , alright check with him the next app , i feel alright but now sure got any side effects not ..Scare me when i read the tin :(
yeah, it's always good to check with ur gynae. 13 weeks to go for u! Hope everything is well for u! Take care! :001_302:

kenxf_03

yeah, me too. I hate the taste of milk, even the smell make me feel like vomitting!!! But Anmum choc flav. is ok for me, not that disgusting. For the sake of my baby, I DRINK!!! hahaa...

haha, I also dont like the taste of milk, but 4 e sake of my bb, i also force myself to drink..

kenxf_03

Hi chelle,

I tried similac Mum milk powder sample ytd, and it is very thick and sweet..my hubby made a full cup brimmed of milk with water but it still taste thick.. is my cup too small ? it is sweet also...

Do you feel that same? Dumex mum is nice also with vanilla flavouring..not so sweet and thickness just nice...

now still experimenting which one to get as I got both samples of similac mum and dumex mum....hee...

i also find Similac mum's milk very sweet and I cant take it. So end up taking Anmum cos taster plain..

iwan2noe

i also find Similac mum's milk very sweet and I cant take it. So end up taking Anmum cos taster plain..
I tried both mama mamil and similac mum... mama mamil is sweeter in my opinion....think don't add too many scoop of milk powder shd be better?
I also dont like sweet milk... oh no... hubby just bot me 2 more tins of mama mamil....

iwan2noe

Hi hi,

I saw a new calcium supplement pills, omical, sold at unity pharmarcy or the living pharamacy, which helps to supplement calcium. I am not sure if it is suitable for expecting mothers. If interested, can check with the pharmacist at the above mentioned pharmacies..

But i think it would be best to get it from natural source like milk, dark leafy veggies....:wong19:

pea

I do a fruit blend. I'll blend a banana or papaya or some fruit with milk, really tasty!

wenz

me too cannot take milk cos i hate the smell...
but i took anlene choco milk during preg and also HL milk only...
the choco favour taste nice and i'm still drinking it on and off now..

mecolemummy

I'm different from most of the ppl... I LOVE MILK!!! but i'm lactose intolerance :wong7:

So I can only take milk like HL or Daisy HiLo...
my sistas r getting Anmum for me... anyone knows if it's ok of me??? Lactose free???

Satellite

Just to clear the misconception. Taking calcium is not really for the baby. Even if you don't take enough calcium, the baby will get sufficient calcium, but he will take it from you ie your bones etc.

So taking calcium really is for yourself. To ensure your baby does not get the calcium from your bones which may result in weaker bone density etc.

shiyi

only dare to drink chocolate milk..
got lotsa of vanilla samples from dif brands but nv touch.. any mummies wan?