Miscarriage

Seeing so many mummies n little bit of daddies supporting you with their words, i m sure u will live stronger and be more well prepare for next God's gift.

meiteoh

Found out tht im pregnant about 3weeks ago and went to have a check up immediately the next day. But during the scan, what we can see is only a black empty sac so gynae suggested we go back 2weeks later cause by then we'll be able to see the blinking heartbeat. 2 weeks arrived, went back for a scan and notice tht the sac has become larger but its still empty so most probably im suffering from a miscarriage..... So within the next 3 weeks most likely the sac will flow out itself just like having a normal period but if within the next 3 weeks and it still did not flow out, it mean tht the baby has miraculously survived! Any mummies encounter this incident before? Pls share this with me as im feeling very very very depressed now.....:embarrassed:
Yes... I didn't go for any scans when I found out that I was pregnant because of the stupid system here in Switzerland (they won't see you until you're in your 11th week).

Then in my 6th week, I had some spotting which turned into bleeding so went to the emergency unit where they did a scan and told us that while I was pregnant, the sac itself was empty which shouldn't be the case in my 6th week (should see a fetus with placental implantation, heartbeat and etc). There was no fetal pole, no nothing - just egg white as they call it. I was also going through a natural miscarriage because my cervix was dilated already and my HcG levels were dropping.

What I had then is known as a blighted ovum whereby the egg is fertilised and all BUT due to genetic defect, the cell development just halted. There was no baby at all. The doc told me that it happens to a lot of women and that it's nothing to worry about. I was told that it was a good thing that I miscarried because it means 1) I can get pregnant and 2) my body is doing the right thing by ejecting "unwanted goods".

Of course I was sad - spent the whole night crying like crazy plus the next few days moping around but I picked up after that. My ILs and HB were very supportive by telling me that it's not my fault, and reiterating what the doctor said (that a lot of women will have at least 2 miscarriages in their lifetime - whether they know it or not) and sharing their stories (both my stepMIL and my MIL had miscarriages as well). My parents on the other hand blamed me and scolded me like typical Asians. =.=

I put it behind me and did the usual "pao" thing. Am now expecting my baby any time - she's full term so waiting for her to pop! So really, stay strong and if the inevitable happens, know that it's not your fault, k? *hugs*

CherylTan

Yes... I didn't go for any scans when I found out that I was pregnant because of the stupid system here in Switzerland (they won't see you until you're in your 11th week).

Then in my 6th week, I had some spotting which turned into bleeding so went to the emergency unit where they did a scan and told us that while I was pregnant, the sac itself was empty which shouldn't be the case in my 6th week (should see a fetus with placental implantation, heartbeat and etc). There was no fetal pole, no nothing - just egg white as they call it. I was also going through a natural miscarriage because my cervix was dilated already and my HcG levels were dropping.

What I had then is known as a blighted ovum whereby the egg is fertilised and all BUT due to genetic defect, the cell development just halted. There was no baby at all. The doc told me that it happens to a lot of women and that it's nothing to worry about. I was told that it was a good thing that I miscarried because it means 1) I can get pregnant and 2) my body is doing the right thing by ejecting "unwanted goods".

Of course I was sad - spent the whole night crying like crazy plus the next few days moping around but I picked up after that. My ILs and husband were very supportive by telling me that it's not my fault, and reiterating what the doctor said (that a lot of women will have at least 2 miscarriages in their lifetime - whether they know it or not) and sharing their stories (both my stepMIL and my mother in law had miscarriages as well). My parents on the other hand blamed me and scolded me like typical Asians. =.=

I put it behind me and did the usual "pao" thing. Am now expecting my baby any time - she's full term so waiting for her to pop! So really, stay strong and if the inevitable happens, know that it's not your fault, k? *hugs*
Thks all mummies and daddys here for yr advise and etc... But its confirmed tht i had a miscarriage. It flow out 2 weeks ago. Very heavy menses. But have think abt it, life still moves on. Once agn, thks all mummies and daddys for the advice!:smile:

hueychye79

Thks all mummies and daddys here for your advise and etc... But its confirmed tht i had a miscarriage. It flow out 2 weeks ago. Very heavy menses. But have think about it, life still moves on. Once agn, thks all mummies and daddys for the advice!:smile:
Sorry to hear that. Take care yourself and try again 3 months later....:tlaugh:

Haz

Thks all mummies and daddys here for your advise and etc... But its confirmed tht i had a miscarriage. It flow out 2 weeks ago. Very heavy menses. But have think about it, life still moves on. Once agn, thks all mummies and daddys for the advice!:smile:
Be strong, Cheryl! I had a failed pregnancy in Jun 08 too. Was happily pregnant for 5 days, aftwic realised i had spotting, followed by normal menses as informed by e gynae and last by nt least, the flushing out of the placanta...

according to my gynae, it's not considered as miscarriage as the fertile egg did not implant itself successfully- wic is normal amongst his patients. Feeling sad and disappointed, of coz. i even blame myself for me... Thk God for my encouraging and understanding hubby who had stood by me & comforted me thruout. N oso my dear mum who prepared tonic & 'wat's-not-good-food' to build up my body. Aft 6 mths, I excitedly found myself pregnant again! presently, im anticipating for the birth of my precious daughter ard end aug...

evytin happened for a reason. as i tink bk, tis chapter of life had made me grew to appreciate the miracle of having new life between husband & wife... At least for me & hubby, we'll cherish our bb girl all the more...

hopefully we will heard gd news u in 3 mths time... :Dancing_wub:

76esther

hihi

really sorry to hear abt ur MC
i had one in 2007 when my eldest child is 9mths old.
i was only 6 weeks preg when suddenly i was bleeding, not spotting..
gynae say it's a MC.. he said that if u have a MC during the 1st 3 mths, that means the embryo is not healthy.. so dun have to feel sad.
so i went thru D&C to remove the embryo :eek:(
i went on to have 2 more kids after that MC :eek:)
so cheer up.. build up ur body now and there'll be more pregnancies to come.. keke

All the very best to u

izanyzam

Hi Cheryl...

Very sorry to hear about your MC..Ive had 2 miscarriages so far..Once in Oct 2008 and the other one was in Jan 2009..Both miscarriages happened when i was only 5 weeks pregnant..I had a D&C for the first miscarriage but i didnt have to do any cleaning for the second one as i had my body had totally "expelled" all of the pregnancy "materials"..

I was devastated esp after the second miscarriage happened as i havent emotionally come to terms with the first loss...I believe everything happens for a reason..Life goes on and i GOD has better plans for us..

I wish you the best of health Cheryl..Stay strong and try again ok..?? :001_302:

CherylTan

Hi Cheryl...

Very sorry to hear about your MC..Ive had 2 miscarriages so far..Once in Oct 2008 and the other one was in Jan 2009..Both miscarriages happened when i was only 5 weeks pregnant..I had a D&C for the first miscarriage but i didnt have to do any cleaning for the second one as i had my body had totally "expelled" all of the pregnancy "materials"..

I was devastated esp after the second miscarriage happened as i havent emotionally come to terms with the first loss...I believe everything happens for a reason..Life goes on and i GOD has better plans for us..

I wish you the best of health Cheryl..Stay strong and try again ok..?? :001_302:
Thks all mummies for yr encouraging words, v glad tht yr are willing to share yr stories with me, giving advise, etc... Thks alot, really appreciate it:)

woo22

hi..dont give up hope!!! i had the same prob as you had..was happy to see the blue line, but when went for scan, doc said got sac but no egg...didn't quite understand back then, eventually miscarried. that was back in 2000! tried for many years after that, guess my shift hours, weight, stress level all contributed to the unsuccessful tries after that. eventually around 2007, we 'resigned' and by end october, we found out i was 10wks preggie! everything went smoothly. our little ger is now 13 mths old, and we are expecting another one by feb 2010!
so dont give up hope!! just dont stress yourselves out!! just relax and enjoy life together!!
this adv goes out to all!!! all the best!!:wink: