Mobile line for kids

Puffy

Hey everyone, i'm new to the forum. But it looks exciting so far. I don't have a personal question but i'm asking on behalf of my elder sister (who apparently have no time to even type this out:shyxxx:)

So anyhow, my she's thinking of getting a mobile line for her son, who's 7 this year. He's currently got a prepaid card but she's finding topping it up a hassel these days. Was wondering if any mummies out there have any experiences (either good or bad) to share?

BbYew

hihi puffy,

Prepaid card 4 kiddos is gd enuf..u won't noe how long they will chat on the line..prepaid card got a limit to it..My son also using a pre paid card to call us when he goes 4 his enrichment classes..:tlaugh:

~m3m~

if it's just to report their whereabout or very very light user, prepaid card is more than enough but they do chat on the phone with friends occasionally, try getting students plan as they have free incoming call. for mine, they will get their friends to call them instead:tlaugh:

Pwiincess

Agreed, Prepaid card is good enuf.
Don't worry, now very convenient to top up the cards.
You can even use ATM machines.

Aniwae.. WELCOME HERE!!

rjj

Pardon me for asking, why would a child need a mobile phone at 7 yo???

But if it's really a must, then I think a pre-paid card is more than enof....

stonston

at 7 yo, i dun even noe wot is handphone ar...

but if there is a need like when he go for classes need to call u, etc...
y not give him the phone onli when he goes for classes?

cos light users pre-paid card is good enuf, onli top up once a mth lor...

my sis was P3 when i gave her hp....it was top up card n she had to pay with her own pocket $$....now she is in sec sch, i subscribe student line for her...basic sub i pay, anything she overuse, she gotta pay....

if u r gonna get a line, get singtel those podlite...very cheap de...n must set rules like if overuse will deduct from pocket money, etc...if not they tink use HP is free de...like my niece....chalk up $200-400 HP bill every mth when her parents cant even afford it at all...

rjj

Yup... agree with Ston....

BTW, Ston, u missing for a while liao leh... where you go???

jo_wee

My gal uses prepaid HOT 100 from singtel. We pay $28 for the value of $72 local calls/sms ignoring the $28 for IDD calls/glabal sms. Although need to top up every 50 days from last top up date but unsued value can be brought over.