Moldy Huggies Wipes. All Parents Please Check Your Huggies Wipes!!!

theedge

I have tried to contact Huggies by emailing them on Monday to tell them of mold found on their Huggies Wipes when I opened it to check with an accompanying picture. No one bothers to get back to me when with my email and contact number left behind. I waited since it was Christmas till today which is Friday. As I hve bought many packs of 80s x 3 packs, I decide to open up another pack and besides the mold, this time there is this rust-like color/substance found on it!

God knows how many packs of wipes I have used on my baby for many many months before I discovered this. Now it is beginning to make sense to me. It is no wonder that previously I was using another brand of wipes and there has never been an issue for my baby but in recent months, she is experiencing rashes so often around her private area and her butt. We made it a point to keep changing her diapers every 3 hours maximum to alleviate the situation, but to no avail. As parents, we trust the brands we buy to at least ensure the product is safe for babies to use. Sample basic responsibility, yet they could not do it.

I have called them probably more than 10 times alone today but there is never anyone picking up the phone. Office hours according to their website is 9 to 5pm, Monday to Fridays, but there is no one in office to pick up calls.

All parents, please open up your wipes to check and see if you have the same problem. Problematic products, check. ZERO customer service, check. That's Huggies for you.

Moldly Huggies 2.jpgMoldy Huggies.jpg

theedge

I really cannot remember but it is likely to be either Isetan or Robinsons.
I still have many many value packs of 3 x 80pcs sitting at home all bought together. Expiry is in 2015.

All parents please check for peace of mind.

theedge

Just an update for awareness.

I have emailed Kimberly Clark US on this issue as well and they replied saying they have forwarded my concerns to Kimberly Clark Singapore Within 24hrs, someone finally called me back on Fri, 3 Jan saying all their marketing staff are on leave and hence the no reply and they will arrange for a courier to come to my residence to do the exchange. This arrangement was confirmed once again last Tue on 8 Jan when the person called to confirm the quantity and the appointment for the courier to come down which was supposed to be last Saturday, 11 Jan from 9am to 12noon.

I waited the whole day last Saturday at home and no one showed up at my door nor bother to even call to inform they are not coming, wasting my whole Saturday waiting at home! This morning, I called the same number that called me to confirm the quantity and the courier arrangement since they only operates Mon to Fri and also the mainline at 1800-4844437. Your guess is as good as mine, no one picks up again.

P/S I have 28 packets of Huggies wet wipes waiting to be exchanged.

theedge

Quick update for those that are interested, the courier company called me yesterday afternoon after my post asking if anyone is at home. I asked why they didn't turn up on Sat which was the arranged time but no one showed up nor called and also told them precisely no one at home on weekdays and hence arrange the courier to come in on Sat. They claim they were supposed to come in on Monday.

So either the courier company is lying or Huggies which I believe is the former. Still, they have wasted one whole day of mine on Sat waiting for them to come and do the exchange through no fault of mine and there is no one I can reach on Sat to confirm if they are still coming. I have also left a voice message yesterday to the direct line at 6589 5288 (did not note the person's name I am speaking to previously as I was outside) went unpicked, but no one returned my call.

My baby girl has also developed nappy rash on her bum in recent weeks and have again gone to a PD last week to get medication to alleviate the redness. Can I charge the bill to Huggies since the wipes are found to be moldy? I understand I can never pin point exactly what is the reason as it could be my diapers I am using (which i religiously change every 3 hrs when possible) or it could also simply be my baby has sensitive skin. But it also means there is a real possibility that the wipes are the problem. We never know.

My issues with them:
- I tried to contact them by calling on 23 Dec and today is 14 Jan and it is still not solved. Simple customer service 101, that is to quickly solve the problem and yet after 3 weeks, it is still not solved.

- I wrote on their facebook post on my incident as well and Huggies gave me a standard PR reply via their facebook asking me to email in my contact details and they will contact me on Monday (ie 30 Dec) which I immediately post I already did on the facebook post but yet it was only many days later before someone contacted me. Don't pay lip-service to your customers. Why didn't the person from Huggies that saw the post inform anyone else about this internally?

- Something is obviously wrong with your company when your general email and contact line is not manned and went unanswered for more than 10 days from 23 Dec till 3 Jan when they finally contacted me, coincidentally after Kimberly Clark US replied me saying they have forwarded the email to Singapore. Their excuse, the whole marketing dept was on leave for Christmas. Does it means whole company shutdown and no one work for 10 days? Does it mean there are no other people in the whole office to pick up the call and attend to enquiries? Cuts no ice with me.

- I appreciate the gesture where they offer to pick the wipes up from me from my residential on a Saturday when I offered to bring everything to office on weekdays for the exchange so I do not need to lug all 28 packets of it to my office. BUT do not make a promise you cannot keep. You are making the situation worse.

- So now I got to rearrange another day for them to pick up my wipes coming Saturday, wasting another day of my time waiting.

- On Monday yesterday, no one bothers to follow-up especially when the courier did not went through and all avenues of reaching the company fails again.

Thanks again for the many PMs i receive from parents showing their support and also online here. Yes, it doesn't pay to be nice to keep quiet. I have stopped posting after they contacted me previously here despite my unhappiness since it took them ages to contact me, hoping I can move on and let the matter rest. Since the situation is as such now I have no choice but to update what has happened yesterday to bring more awareness to people. I will probably take all your suggestions to bring awareness to this issue to all parents at the next level, ie media.

Am I asking too much? I don't think so. I only want my wipes in proper condition that I paid good money for. Whatever that is left, ie all 28 packets of it left now, after using countless packs previously.

Importantly, if a company cannot ensure their products are safe even for babies to use, they should not be in this industry at all. I hope all other parents will not go through what I have went through and reevaluate your options to purchase your products from a company with a better focus on corporate social responsibility. It irkes me to see a company selling a product and then after the sale is completed, goes missing with zero or little after sales service. It shows very clearly money is of the focus for the company and nothing else.

Most importantly, do not underestimate the power of social media. You do not know how much potential sales you will lose/already lost based on word-of-mouth sharing over such incidents. For one, my friends and colleagues are already boycotting buying products from your company.

Last edited:

missyqiqi

Hi I have help to share your post to create awareness, I hope they do something about it. Does it have a batch number stated at the packaging of the wipes

theedge

Thanks everyone, including the messages I received.

I am now thinking, since the courier pickup (by OCS World-Wide Network based on the slip left at my door on Monday) and exchange of the wipes are unsuccessful, I am sure they will go back to Huggies and inform them. Coupled with the fact that I have also left voicemail on Monday clearly stating the courier did not turn up, there is no way they can claim ignorance and that they are unaware that it was not solved. It is likely all the 28 packs will be returned to Huggies office since attempted delivery failed. At least to me, it is clear, they choose not to respond to me at all till now.

Since yesterday, I have emailed them again, posted on their facebook again and also emailed Kimberly Clark US once again.

Last edited:

theedge

I was hoping to have closure on this matter and to be able to update that the exchange is done and case closed and hence do not want to update anything on Thursday when they finally called me. It was not to be.

The same staff called me on Thursday afternoon, explaining that she was on medical leave and just saw my email, heard my voicemail, whatever that is. Call it sheer coincident or whatever you call it but she claimed she was on medical leave.

She claim that the courier did not return the 28 packets of wet wipes to their company even though delivery was unsuccessful. She also mentioned that Huggies facebook page was oursourced and not maintained by them. I asked her why didn't the person that saw my posting informed Huggies and instead gave me a standard PR reply and she mentioned something along the line they are investigating or something.

For the record, I mentioned I just wanted to exchange the 28 packets and that's it. I also mentioned my baby girl has already gone to the PD last week as she had fungal infection and on the same day on Thursday, she is making another trip to another PD as it is not healing. For the record, I did not even ask them for any compensation/reimbursement for the medical charges since there are many reasons other than the wipes that could have possibly caused it.

To cut the story short, she apologised and offered to send a courier down this Saturday, same timing 9am to 12noon to do the exchange and offered to change a courier company. I told her that is her company's prerogative and I don't care who she uses so long as the courier turns up at my door this Saturday. She then mentioned that she will send another courier company down. And so I put down the phone hoping there will be a closure.

Saturday came and passed today. THEY WASTED ANOTHER DAY OF MY TIME WAITING AT HOME WITH NO ONE TURNING UP AT MY DOOR. I have called the DDI 6589 5288 and left a voicemail this afternoon since their office opens only from Mon to Fri. Again there was no phone call mentioning they are not coming!!! I emailed them on 23 Dec and today is 18 Jan, close to one month and they cannot solve a simple problem.

I am not sure if this is the batch no but this was what was printed on the packaging below. So please check for those that have the same wipes.
TL03 18/09/12 06:26C D11
EXP 18/09/15

Importantly parents, please please seriously reconsider buying any Huggies products in future. If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. Please also help to spread the word.