Mother's day

elmo493

My SIL msm everyone for the mother's day celebration again. In fact I am not really keen on this type of celebration. They celebrate mother's day, father's day and birthday but I don't see the point of celebration as they only celebrate because everyone is doing it.

How abt other mummies out there?

lisa_ng

we do celebrate for our mum and other occassions within my family.
but juz like our usual weekly gathering.
have dinner and chit chat at my mum's house.
oni thing extras are cake and gifts on special occassions.

we don't fancy going out for a meal on these days where we know it's going to be crowded.

whereas my hubby side, they don't really celebrate any occassions.

pkshl

My SIL msm everyone for the mother's day celebration again. In fact I am not really keen on this type of celebration. They celebrate mother's day, father's day and birthday but I don't see the point of celebration as they only celebrate because everyone is doing it.

How abt other mummies out there?
my SIL also do that. last year she even plan for x'mas & new yr eve gathering at MIL hse which is so yucky, order so much food & call all the relatives,endup MIL tel us to tabao home which we dun want.

Last time SIL also like to call us to celebrate mothers/fathers day, MIL/FIL bday, even her bro's kids bday we must turn up(previously).BUt now no more cos everyone so bz & worst thing, they always love to celebrate on ACTUAL day, even if that day is a weekday, die die also must turn up & i super dislike to go out after work cos so tiring. heng no more or else i also wont turn up.

snowbear

we do celebrate for our mum and other occassions within my family.
but juz like our usual weekly gathering.
have dinner and chit chat at my mum's house.
oni thing extras are cake and gifts on special occassions.

we don't fancy going out for a meal on these days where we know it's going to be crowded.

whereas my hubby side, they don't really celebrate any occassions.
That's how it works too for my hubby's family and mine... :)

apollo

i personally dun like to "entertain" such event like birthday, xmas, hse warming etc... even for my own birthday, i also dun lik to celebrate, this yr is my 21st birthday and i even told my hubby dun hav to get me anything or celebrate cos i think birthday, xmas, or whatever day it is, every yr also have.. if every event also wanna celebrate, very busy leh...

back to the topic, mother's day! for my family, my mum is a very "chin cai" person and she's always wking on mother's day so we seldom celebrate. cos to us, as long as we can gather once in a while for dinner TGT, can alrdy, doesn't need to "purposely" choose a day just to hav dinner tgt...

as for my in-laws, i so heng that they dun celebrate mother/father's day but they do celebrate birthday every yr..

jal

I just bought bird nest for my mother. And as for my mother in law, my hubby will give her an ang bao as she is a money grubber. Really! She loves money more than anything else & whatever stuff we give her, be it food or whatever, she will want to give it away to one of her children saying that she can buy the same item at a cheaper price or she does not really want the item. But when it comes to money, IMMEDIATELY she will lock it up inside her cupboard. And no one else has access to that cupboard except her. I just hope that whatever amount my hubby gives her, she will be contented & not complain or compare.

lisa_ng

most of us are mothers here.
wonder if you will expect something for urself from hb or ur kids?

hehe.. seems like most of us are toking about our mums and mils only.

ahpei

i'll give my mum ang bao for mother's day, whereas fir my MIL, she don't seem to be bothered abt it, and if we order fastfood delivery to celebrate with her, she just eat, and as if we owe her a meal...

ahpei

frankly, i don't expect anything from my kids (3 years old & 3 mth old)... hope i'll do the same next time.....:wideeyed:

lisa_ng

frankly, i don't expect anything from my kids (3 years old & 3 mth old)... hope i'll do the same next time.....:wideeyed:
for my daughter 2yo, i juz hope to have a hug from her and say happy mother's day.
but for future when she a little older i do hope to receive a hand make card from her.

hb definately different, mayb a meal from him will be good. :001_302:

pkshl

i'll give my mum ang bao for mother's day, whereas fir my MIL, she don't seem to be bothered abt it, and if we order fastfood delivery to celebrate with her, she just eat, and as if we owe her a meal...
haha, same like my MIL, as for my mum, we always bring her out for a meal(which we juz did last sun to avoid the crowd)

apollo

haha i did ask my hubby b4 next yr is my 1st mother day and what he'll be preparing for me.. and u noe what my unromantic hubby replied??

he replied "u not my mother, u're my wife.. v.day den buy thing for u"

then i explained to him, b4 BB is capable of doing his own gifts for me, he shd "represent" BB and he asked me "got such law de meh?"

i feel like slapping him tt moment!!!! LOL!

oh ya, if from my BB, i hope he'll wrte me a "happy mother's day" when he learn hw to write.. but still got a long way to go.. hehe..

lisa_ng

haha i did ask my hubby b4 next yr is my 1st mother day and what he'll be preparing for me.. and u noe what my unromantic hubby replied??

he replied "u not my mother, u're my wife.. v.day den buy thing for u"

then i explained to him, b4 BB is capable of doing his own gifts for me, he shd "represent" BB and he asked me "got such law de meh?"

i feel like slapping him tt moment!!!! LOL!

oh ya, if from my BB, i hope he'll wrte me a "happy mother's day" when he learn hw to write.. but still got a long way to go.. hehe..
wow... heng my hb never say i'm not his mother. else sure beat him up.
i juz tot hb should appreciate their wife on behalf of their children oso.
since they seen and went through the process of preg and labour with us. :001_302:

snowbear

hmm... a small gesture from hb will be nice. I'll have to wait for a long while for dd to be able to give me something for mother's day...

apollo

wow... heng my hb never say i'm not his mother. else sure beat him up.
i juz tot hb should appreciate their wife on behalf of their children oso.
since they seen and went through the process of preg and labour with us. :001_302:
aiya my hubby very straight forward de!!! i asked him to buy a cake and sing bday song for BB when he's born, he say where got ppl do this? ask him if he'll buy me roses or card aft i gif birth he asked me back "need huh?"

haiz i hope one day my hubby will become more romantic without me saying/teaching..

lisa_ng

aiya my hubby very straight forward de!!! i asked him to buy a cake and sing bday song for BB when he's born, he say where got ppl do this? ask him if he'll buy me roses or card aft i gif birth he asked me back "need huh?"

haiz i hope one day my hubby will become more romantic without me saying/teaching..
some men are like tat de lor.
insensitive i would say. hehe

my hb cannot say not romantic but he's more meow and thrifty.
he will usually ask about the damage (pocket) first before he decide.

most of the things i will decide and tell him then he go assess can le. no options, can neg a bit oni.