Multivitamins for 6 month-old babies

firsttimemum

Hi mummies!

Is it advisable to a 6th month-old baby to take or add-in some multivitamins or vitamin C aside from their milk?

apollo

i dont think it is necessary. in fact, all these supplements is more suitable for 1yo above. even aft 1yo, if the baby is okay, seldom fall ill, gaining weight well etc, dont nd all these supplements. they can get all these vitamins from the food and milk they take. ds was only given multivit from his pd when he was 9mth+ due to sudden lack of appetite in both milk and solid food. And we were told to stop giving him once his appetite regain. =)

stonston

Multivits not recommended because their milk is already enriched & if breastfeeding, it should have sufficient nutrients.
Supplements are only needed for babies/kids who fall ill easily compared to others or have other medical condition that requires supplements.

redjn

All I know fm my PD, children below 1 yr are not advisable for such intake unless is advised by Doc. The best time after 1 yr o by then they will be able to chew better.

If u want to, just make puree fruit fm fresh fruit it should be better.

cheekbe

babies' liver and kidneys probably still too immature for them to process anything that's too concentrated so better to avoid unless recommended by peadiatrician...