Mummies, pls share your experience when your child first attended preschool

JazN

At preschool, kept repeating mummy will come to fetch me later, daddy is working, etc think together with on off crying too. I understand this is part & parcel for child attending preschool for the first time but does anyone of your child also cried even in the night?

Last night before bed she cried and said doesn't want to go to school. As usual i did the reassurances couple with school is fun, making friends only in school, etc. Tonight i was at my parents' place for dinner, she wanted me close by when she ate, cried non-stop on off "mummy will come fetch me, etc, wanted to go home." Even when she mentioned she wanted to sleep but did not do so.

Will appreciate how you all dealt with this phase?

Thanks in advance!

yummygums

Its a transition period i guess. My niece is going through that now and whenever her parents bring her to the sch in the morning she would cry out for her grandfather.. Cos my dad always pick her up early from school. Worse still, she was down with fever less than a week in school.

annabel

At preschool, kept repeating mummy will come to fetch me later, daddy is working, etc think together with on off crying too. I understand this is part & parcel for child attending preschool for the first time but does anyone of your child also cried even in the night?

Last night before bed she cried and said doesn't want to go to school. As usual i did the reassurances couple with school is fun, making friends only in school, etc. Tonight i was at my parents' place for dinner, she wanted me close by when she ate, cried non-stop on off "mummy will come fetch me, etc, wanted to go home." Even when she mentioned she wanted to sleep but did not do so.

Will appreciate how you all dealt with this phase?

Thanks in advance!
Yup, it's tough and it's breaking our heart. My son has been attending childcare since he was 18mth, now he almost 4 yrs old, he still feel sad when we i drop him to childcare everymorning. And yes, repetition for kids its like consolling method to their anxious feeling. You just have to hang on, be strong and keep cheerful in front of your child, if you breakdown it will affect your child too. You might want to explain that you also feel sad but you have to go to work and she also have to go to school to learn many new things for her own good too. I can't stop thinking to make a special group on this topic.. hahaha for those mommies in difficult position. May be if I have time, I can arange for us to meet up and share our experiences or make a facebook group. Please don't give up, we do not wish our baby to stay with us forever right? Soon or later they will have to face the world.

JazN

Thks gals for sharing your thoughts.

Yes, Annabel it'll be good to share such experiences. Facebook does not seem to have such page yet. I have not communicated to my gal my feeling of sadness. Thanks for the note.

This morning my gal just drank only 20 out of 240ml of milk, had half a harsh brown. Last time when she was not in preschool yet she drank 260ml. Is this the same for your boy? She must have thought she needs to go school this morning

mummysk

Dear Mummy,thks for starting this thread. Cos i am going to send my eldest son to childcare when after my maternity leave in march. My parents and me afraid my son will not used to the new environment. Hope to hear more advise from here. Thanks

annabel

Thks gals for sharing your thoughts.

Yes, Annabel it'll be good to share such experiences. Facebook does not seem to have such page yet. I have not communicated to my gal my feeling of sadness. Thanks for the note.

This morning my gal just drank only 20 out of 240ml of milk, had half a harsh brown. Last time when she was not in preschool yet she drank 260ml. Is this the same for your boy? She must have thought she needs to go school this morning
oh, may she thought she need to go to school and need to eat there. You no need to worry, you might want to change the morning routine though. Try to make it same with CC routine - especially when come to feeding time. Which i find very good timing too. My son always follow that timing (even he hate the CC ahhahaha).

annabel

Dear Mummy,thks for starting this thread. Cos i am going to send my eldest son to childcare when after my maternity leave in march. My parents and me afraid my son will not used to the new environment. Hope to hear more advise from here. Thanks
Hi all, just start a fb for us the working n worry mommy.. = workingmommy singapore or email workingmommyinsg@gmail.com
please add and we can share more on our feeling etc...

JazN

oh i just add to facebook. Eh but I'm not a working mummy leh :)

Hi all, just start a facebook for us the working n worry mommy.. = workingmommy singapore or email workingmommyinsg@gmail.com
please add and we can share more on our feeling etc...

JazN

Re: Preschool curriculum

may i know out of how many lessons there are somewhat considered academic?

would you know if the teacher covered all lessons or usually 1 out of eg 3 lessons?

thks!