My Baby Angelynn Tan born on 08.08.2008!

Porukadotzu

The day before she delivered I was whispering to her that if she comes out tomorrow she can watch the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony with me. And turns out my baby Angie really a good listener!

I start to feel quite stinging piles on my bottom since afternoon (which I'm surprised why I got it), and night time getting worse. I felt my stomach also very heavy and the cramps at my below part of stomach felt stronger too. So I lay around on bed surfing internet.

Fall asleep at 11pm, and woke up with a strong contraction at 1 AM and felt like gassy stomach aching, so went toilet but nothing happen. Then went to sleep again.

At around 2.30 AM woke up with a strong contraction again, but tought that bcoz I lay flat on my back, so try to toss around left and right but still can tahan the contraction and went back to sleep.

At around 4 AM woke up with another contraction like very bad gassy and full feeling, went toilet but nothing happen again and try to drink alot of water after that.

After that every 30 mins I felt the cramps pain again, I realise tat when I look at the time, and soon I woke up every 15 mins.. then I thought, I guess I'm in Labour.... feel scared and chicken out and pray that it won't be any more painful than this..haha.. Anyway still managed to get back to sleep untill around 7 AM..

At around 7.15, felt like going toilet again and when I stand up can felt like water leaking and when take off my panty can see the mucus plug just drop on the floor..hhaha... so my heart goes pumping and make sure I'm in a right state of mind to except the fact that I AM IN LABOUR!.. and can not get away with it...

So I take my time, bathing between the contraction, on the heater and start to wash my hair first.. coz I know won't be bathing for quite long time. hehehe

After bathe and changed, woke up my hubby and he jumped looking exited and panicked he rushed tell my inlaws..

Before went to hospital my inlaw gave me chicken essence... and milo... guess it's for all the energy I could get...

Rushing to hospital at 8AM.

Reach Mt. Alvernia, go straight to lvl 3 and admitted to delivery room rightaway coz I felt another leaking.

Around 9AM the nurse put me on a strap with detector for monitoring bb's heart during contraction...that was the worse feeling ever!! have to lay on my back and can not toss my self left or right...

The nurse checking, I was in 4 opening... she gave me the med tat she plug inside the "back door" to force bowel movement... pain like hell!
shortly after that my stomach felt like there's hurricane inside, contraction and aching and my piles...oh no..! My leg start to shiver when I walk to toilet...

After finish my bussiness, went out to bed again and another contraction strike very very strong... I hurried went on the bed. That was like almost 10AM the last time I cling on the clock.

After that I can only remember I let go alot of weird weird sounds everytime the contraction struck.. Doctor still haven't come yet and I feel like pushing the bb out but nurse tell me not now otherwise I get more piles...

but who can tahan the pain...yaiksss...

The younger nurse offer me epidural but still hv time to ask her what other anaesthetic I can take (between the contraction pain)... and managed to turn down the epidural shot coz I heard using epi can make longer time in labour...sure I can not tahan any longer.. I want to finish it rightaway...

so I take the normal shot on tigh and the kind nurse gave me a mask and ask me to inhale when the pain comes again... I inhale the like my lung want to explode.. ahha.. I was in 6th opening..and I was crying like someone want to beheaded me...:001_302:

Finally few mins after tat I heard my hubby calm me down saying the doctor come already..but ofcoz it won't give me any better.. coz doctor also only help to deliver the bb...every single pain I felt was trully controlled by my precious baby who want to come out to see the Beijing Olympic...

Then few mins after, the doc tell me I can start to push, a big push 3x... on the 4th push the baby comes out... and handed over to me... I saw her face the 1st time like can not belive it was inside me... I saw the doctor cut the cord... I heard my baby crying very loud... I saw the nurse cleaning her under the warm light... I saw my baby changed color from bluish to pinkish.... I saw the baby eyes open and stare at surrounding... She was my first love ever..!

She was born exactly at 11:00 AM on the 08.08.2008.
Weigh 2.710kg, length 49cm.
Apgar score 9 & 10.

She was perfect.... Thanks Jesus!

Attachments

hi.. congrats on ur bundle of joy.. i can relate to ur feelings... when i c my bb, all d pains felt like worth it man...
u take care durin ur confinement n do share d special bond n feelin w d newborn... congrats once again.. :tlaugh:

Porukadotzu

hi.. congrats on ur bundle of joy.. i can relate to ur feelings... when i c my bb, all d pains felt like worth it man...
u take care durin ur confinement n do share d special bond n feelin w d newborn... congrats once again.. :tlaugh:
Hai queenroman, thanks!
yes it was worth the pain..:tlaugh:

Ah Cheng

Congrats. It was a good date to remember ya.
She is very excited to join in the celebration on the Olympic opening ceremony ya.

So the total labour delivery took you 4 hours (from 8am - 11am) just with the "laughing gas"?
Cos I am planning not to use epi also, wonder if I can endure with the pain.

eelynn

Halo there.... Congrats n u finally made it. Ur daughter might b born to b an athelete in future. Wen i read ur story, I can feel the excitement once again wen giving birth wich I will b going tru again next year in april. Haha.... Anyway, congrats once again n take care during ur confinement.

cutie9629

congrats, i oso pushed 4 times then my bb came out...
ur princess really cute & pretty, cheers....:Dancing_tongue:

Porukadotzu

Congrats. It was a good date to remember ya.
She is very excited to join in the celebration on the Olympic opening ceremony ya.

So the total labour delivery took you 4 hours (from 8am - 11am) just with the "laughing gas"?
Cos I am planning not to use epi also, wonder if I can endure with the pain.
Hi Ah Cheng!
yes it was a good date to remember haha..

yes I was entering the delivery room in agony at 8 am and baby come out at 11am..
I wasn't sure it was a laughing gas thou.... coz i swear i don't hv the feeling of laughing at all hehehhe... but i felt that when i inhale the gas it gave me the 'high' feeling but still aware of everything surrounding and definetly can feel the baby pushing out and trying to seperate my hips apart...

Yes do try not to use epi... I was also think I can't do it without epi but when I was facing the real thing I can tahan to the last energy haha..

anyway with epi surely took extension timing.. coz the nurse need to do the shot while the mom in so much pain... i can't imagine i have to take another shot at my spine and be still...

tat time i was only trying to finish everything fast and as less pain as possible haha..

hope you also have a fast delivery..! just do it..

Porukadotzu

congrats Poru... Awwww... she's so cute.................. kiss her on my behalf...
Hi SRI!
soon you'll be having cute ones too! so be prepared! hehehehe

But it is not the end of the journey ... it was only the starting... haha... the days after baby arrive, you won't hv a good time sleep anymore hahaha.. atleast tat is what i'm in now... she woke up every 2-3 hour to be fed...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......this is wat i called "LACK OF SLEEP!"

:embarrassed:hehe.. but it's ok... when seeing her smiling, i dun mind having my puffy panda eyes ...hahha

Porukadotzu

Halo there.... Congrats n u finally made it. Ur daughter might b born to b an athelete in future. Wen i read ur story, I can feel the excitement once again wen giving birth wich I will b going tru again next year in april. Haha.... Anyway, congrats once again n take care during ur confinement.
Hi eelynn!

yea probably she'll be one of singapore's pro athlete hahha..

hope you too hv a smooth delivery.. enjoy your pregnancy!!

Thanks!!:tlaugh:

-SRI-

Hi SRI!
soon you'll be having cute ones too! so be prepared! hehehehe

But it is not the end of the journey ... it was only the starting... haha... the days after baby arrive, you won't hv a good time sleep anymore hahaha.. atleast tat is what i'm in now... she woke up every 2-3 hour to be fed...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......this is wat i called "LACK OF SLEEP!"

:embarrassed:hehe.. but it's ok... when seeing her smiling, i dun mind having my puffy panda eyes ...hahha

hahaha... ya... its worth it!!

Since last trimester i been having lack of slp.. last fri nite admitted to hosp cz of contractions but i dilate only 1cm.. stay dere for 3 days only cz i damn bored!!

Poru, u give birth hw many wks? 37 or 38 wks?

Porukadotzu

hahaha... ya... its worth it!!

Since last trimester i been having lack of slp.. last fri nite admitted to hosp cz of contractions but i dilate only 1cm.. stay dere for 3 days only cz i damn bored!!

Poru, u give birth hw many wks? 37 or 38 wks?
Hi SRI,

so you admitted to hosp after 3 days then go back? do you get charged frm hospital for tat?

i tink i gve birth on the 39th week ...hehe...coz i was reffering to what doc stated.

Ah Cheng

Hi Ah Cheng!
yes it was a good date to remember haha..

yes I was entering the delivery room in agony at 8 am and baby come out at 11am..
I wasn't sure it was a laughing gas thou.... coz i swear i don't hv the feeling of laughing at all hehehhe... but i felt that when i inhale the gas it gave me the 'high' feeling but still aware of everything surrounding and definetly can feel the baby pushing out and trying to seperate my hips apart...

Yes do try not to use epi... I was also think I can't do it without epi but when I was facing the real thing I can tahan to the last energy haha..

anyway with epi surely took extension timing.. coz the nurse need to do the shot while the mom in so much pain... i can't imagine i have to take another shot at my spine and be still...

tat time i was only trying to finish everything fast and as less pain as possible haha..

hope you also have a fast delivery..! just do it..
Thanks. By the way, do you exercise before the delivery?
Some ppls are telling me to "exercise", e.g. go for a walk so that it's easier to deliver.
Did you do that as well?

-SRI-

Hi SRI,

so you admitted to hosp after 3 days then go back? do you get charged frm hospital for tat?

i tink i gve birth on the 39th week ...hehe...coz i was reffering to what doc stated.
Yup...gt charged but all thru medisave.. hehehe...

ic...gosh..I'm nervous..in few days time i'll be 37 wks... hope i can turn dwn epi...

EnFlor

Congrats. I love reading birth-delivery entries. Brought back bitter sweet memories when I had my 3 kiddos.

And you were so calm, still can go toilet in and out many times. :eek:
Anyway, rest well and hope that you get adjusted well with the frequent feedings in your bb's early months.

Look at her, she is so adorable. I'll call that power puff cheeks.

Porukadotzu

Thanks. By the way, do you exercise before the delivery?
Some ppls are telling me to "exercise", e.g. go for a walk so that it's easier to deliver.
Did you do that as well?
hi Ah Cheng,

yes, I hv to force myself to walk alot quite often everyday since the 7th mth... Coz if I sit for quite long time I felt my back and hip aching and my feet looks swollen..

And at home I go up and down the stairs(slowly) quite often too hehe.. but actually no choice, coz my room on the 2nd flr.. thou sumtimes once i'm up i' was lazy to come down again.. But I tink the stairs helps to strengthen the leg muscle.

I dunno if the squatting down helps too, coz i only practice that few times while arranging some stuffs at the lower cabinet.

Porukadotzu

Yup...gt charged but all thru medisave.. hehehe...

ic...gosh..I'm nervous..in few days time i'll be 37 wks... hope i can turn dwn epi...
I see..

dun be nervous, just face the fact tat want it or not you hv to do it haha... i was scared and yet anticipating the big day too.. i even bought those hypnobirthing book, i read tat our mind plays important roles during the birthing process... the more relax yourself, the more easier you give birth.
The most important, don't be panic and loose control of the breathing.

Thou I know almost impossible not to panic haha.. but during the labour i try to focus on my breathing and kept telling myself to relax.
Coz the pain will still be there no matter what kind of anaesthetic you choose.. even with Epi.

So the best way is to endure the pain using your mind rather than medication.

I remember I kept telling myself, " I've been in a worse condition of pain before and this is nothing compare to tat." and these make me hv extra energy to hang on.

So I know you can do it SRI!