My Baby Angelynn Tan born on 08.08.2008!

-SRI-

I see..

dun be nervous, just face the fact tat want it or not you hv to do it haha... i was scared and yet anticipating the big day too.. i even bought those hypnobirthing book, i read tat our mind plays important roles during the birthing process... the more relax yourself, the more easier you give birth.
The most important, don't be panic and loose control of the breathing.

Thou I know almost impossible not to panic haha.. but during the labour i try to focus on my breathing and kept telling myself to relax.
Coz the pain will still be there no matter what kind of anaesthetic you choose.. even with Epi.

So the best way is to endure the pain using your mind rather than medication.

I remember I kept telling myself, " I've been in a worse condition of pain before and this is nothing compare to tat." and these make me hv extra energy to hang on.

So I know you can do it SRI!

thks Poru for the useful advice... :wong19:

Hahaha.. ya.. when i was in hosp, feeling contractions, I keep telling myself even to docs/nurses & midwife tt "tis is nth rite... labour pain much more painful rite...nvm...i endure 1st k...juz leave me alone..." hahahaha.. till midwife told me "u sure u don want any painkiller?? wanna go delivery suite?" & docs told me tis when i wanna be discharge " u wanna go hm nw?? u sure?? but CTG shows tt u hv contractions & pain... u still wanna endure it @ hm? i scared ltr u deliver @ hm since u keep having contractions...":001_302:

madalene

Congrats!!! 08.08.08 is the date that you can usually plan for.
But your baby has chosen it. Lucky baby. Her birthdate is very significant indeed...

Thanks for the detailed write up on the delivery process.
Really admire you for the true courage. Really wish i could be like you, pull through the entire process without Epi. Best part is, your actual pushing at the suite is only 8-11am... Gosh... Once again, Congrats!!!

Porukadotzu

thks Poru for the useful advice... :wong19:

Hahaha.. ya.. when i was in hosp, feeling contractions, I keep telling myself even to docs/nurses & midwife tt "tis is nth rite... labour pain much more painful rite...nvm...i endure 1st k...juz leave me alone..." hahahaha.. till midwife told me "u sure u don want any painkiller?? wanna go delivery suite?" & docs told me tis when i wanna be discharge " u wanna go hm nw?? u sure?? but CTG shows tt u hv contractions & pain... u still wanna endure it @ hm? i scared ltr u deliver @ hm since u keep having contractions...":001_302:
Hi SRI,
tat's correct, somehow you hv to manipulate your mind to boost your confidence haha...

you go girl!

Porukadotzu

Congrats!!! 08.08.08 is the date that you can usually plan for.
But your baby has chosen it. Lucky baby. Her birthdate is very significant indeed...

Thanks for the detailed write up on the delivery process.
Really admire you for the true courage. Really wish i could be like you, pull through the entire process without Epi. Best part is, your actual pushing at the suite is only 8-11am... Gosh... Once again, Congrats!!!
Hai Madalene,

thanks for your comment!
yea the baby has chosen it, lucky baby i guess but i tink it's me who got lucky to have her. Althou now she always kept me awake night and day but i still love her hehhehe...

i guess it's the last minute courage that makes me to do the decision..hehehe ..

DodoTan

Hahaha... dunno got anyone like me anot, can take the pain but still took the epi cos my doc said I needed to relax in order to dialate.

I woke up at 3am cos it was fasting month. Went to the toilet to find blood on my undies. Then I thought: but no pain lei. I was 39wks then. I told my hubby and he got so excited and panicky at the same time. We decided to go eat first then go to the hospital. Reached KK 5plus almost 6am. I still didn't feel any pain. The nurses put me on 2 monitors, one for the baby's heartbeat and one to measure my contractions, for about an hour and a half before my doctor arrived. When he did, he told me I was 4cm dialated and having contractions. I was thinking: oooh ok, not so bad la, I'm not really feeling the contractions.

So we walked to the delivery room. 6 hours later, I was feeling the contractions, though I thought they were still tolerable. But I was still only 4cm dialated! So doc examined me and said I was too tense down there that's why not dialating. He said if I took the epi, will help me to relax and dialate faster. So I did and slowly I did dialate faster.

By the time I delivered, it was almost 6pm. 12 hours! hahaha... My hubby was so excited his eyes were so huge even though I knew he was so tired. My bb cried only a little and procceeded to stare at everything. Such huge eyes! :p

My hubby was telling everyone that I walked into the delivery suite while everyone else was wheeled in. hahaha... But I think for my next one, I'll be smarter: start to feel contractions then go hospital.

DodoTan

Thanks. By the way, do you exercise before the delivery?
Some ppls are telling me to "exercise", e.g. go for a walk so that it's easier to deliver.
Did you do that as well?
I'm a teacher and exercise wasn't really a problem. I had to walk about in class and change classrooms every hour, going up and down the stairs. 4 levels. Cos I teach mostly Art, I hardly get to sit down during school hours. In fact, the doc had to ask me to take it easy.

Porukadotzu

Hahaha... dunno got anyone like me anot, can take the pain but still took the epi cos my doc said I needed to relax in order to dialate.

I woke up at 3am cos it was fasting month. Went to the toilet to find blood on my undies. Then I thought: but no pain lei. I was 39wks then. I told my hubby and he got so excited and panicky at the same time. We decided to go eat first then go to the hospital. Reached KK 5plus almost 6am. I still didn't feel any pain. The nurses put me on 2 monitors, one for the baby's heartbeat and one to measure my contractions, for about an hour and a half before my doctor arrived. When he did, he told me I was 4cm dialated and having contractions. I was thinking: oooh ok, not so bad la, I'm not really feeling the contractions.

So we walked to the delivery room. 6 hours later, I was feeling the contractions, though I thought they were still tolerable. But I was still only 4cm dialated! So doc examined me and said I was too tense down there that's why not dialating. He said if I took the epi, will help me to relax and dialate faster. So I did and slowly I did dialate faster.

By the time I delivered, it was almost 6pm. 12 hours! hahaha... My hubby was so excited his eyes were so huge even though I knew he was so tired. My bb cried only a little and procceeded to stare at everything. Such huge eyes! :p

My hubby was telling everyone that I walked into the delivery suite while everyone else was wheeled in. hahaha... But I think for my next one, I'll be smarter: start to feel contractions then go hospital.
so u're tense down there but relax on the waist up? haha.. j/k la.. glad your delivery was smooth :tlaugh:.

hey i also walking to the delivery room! haha.. so kuukuu bird! so in pain untill never cross my mind to ask sumone to wheel me up... and worse in the middle of contraction need to walk a long way to the delivery room coz we went up from the wrong lift which go to patient room gee haha.
my hubby also blur and panic so didnt notice bout it also..

ya i should've go to hospital earlier too.. so i guess next tme too.

CanCanMum

...walk a long way to the delivery room coz we went up from the wrong lift which go to patient room gee haha.
my hubby also blur and panic so didnt notice bout it also...
eh?

why dun u ask yr DH to carry u back? Ask him be macho man mah...so poor thing walk w contractions????