My baby has HFMD! :( Pls advice..

JessTan

Dear mummies,
any one of u have experience caring for ur baby who contracted HFMD??
My 6 month old bb contrated since thurs..and has difficulty drinking milk, both breastmilk and formulae..:( outbreak of bad rash with blisters hurts me..and not to mention the ulcers in the throat...

any advice on how you manage to make ur bb drink and does the rashes leave scars??

Spiralng

Pls feed your baby wif loads of fluid, it's painful for them to swallow so if u r warming up the milk, it's better to hv it at room temperature or even cooler. If your baby refuse milk, then try to feed him wif gluose water. Use a spoon if he doesn't wan the bottle.

CanCanMum

Dear mummies,
any one of you have experience caring for your baby who contracted HFMD??
My 6 month old baby contrated since thurs..and has difficulty drinking milk, both breastmilk and formulae..:( outbreak of bad rash with blisters hurts me..and not to mention the ulcers in the throat...

any advice on how you manage to make your baby drink and does the rashes leave scars??
nope the rashes doesnt leave scars, its actually like those food allergy rashes and some look like mosquito bitess.

Please see this thread for more info: http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f57/hfmd-25187/

most importantly u need to keep your baby hydrated.

diymummy

My son got HFMD when he was abt 15 mths? It was hard to feed. I had to syringe feed him. It was tedious but agree with the other mummies that you have to hydrate your baby well. Babies heal fast. My son's ulcers became better after 4 days.

JessTan

Thanks to all mummies.. appreciate it!
really hope he gets better soon.. so heartpain see him like this..