My bb dont sleep throughout the nite

klearad

Hihi mummies,

My bb don't sleep throughout the nite, and wakes up at least twice for suckling.... Sometimes more for comfort than hunger.

Am trying to feed her more at night, and have give her powder milk at night for the past few nights. Well, at least she has start to take a little powder milk now... She used to reject it.

Anyone know of any ways to let bb sleep throughout the nite????

1568mummy

7 months already eh?
Hmmm....
Waking up once or twice would be normal.
But if you say AT LEAST twice, then not too good.

before you can solve this problem, you've got to find out the cause.
since you say the waking up for suckling is more for comfort, then its pretty obvious that he is uncomfortable.
But why?
could it be temperature? Too warm, too cold?
could it be block nose?
could it be the bed? Did you change anything? Like a new bolster/pillow or brandnew bedsheet?

candy_ian

my dear son 7 months now doesn't sleep thru the night too. He's on total breadtfeeding n i think he's used to waking up at night so i just leave it n if he wakes up i'll just latch him n he'll fall asleep soon after..

klearad

Hi 1568 Mummy, my bb want comfort or maybe could be hunger. She will just suckle for a while, then go back to sleep. Nowadays, she tend to cry or make noise during her sleep too. We have kept the room cool for her, change bedsheets and she is not ill. Wonder if its due to total breastfeeding, she used to suckle before she can sleep.

Hi Candy, im doing like what you are doing. However, Im afraid that it may become a habit for my bb. When Im ill, I still have to nurse him...

Triquetra

To let bb sleep through the night, you have to make sure that she remains comfortable throughout.

Does she show any discomfort when she wakes up? Hunger? Sweating? Skin cold cold? Blocked nose? Wet diaper?

Though my routine in the day is to feed after naps but I will still try to feed her again before she goes to bed. Amount depends on how much and how long ago she drank before.

klearad

She dont show discomfort when she wakes up, she just look for my nipple. I have also tried to feed her more at night, and have also tried giving her powder milk...

annie

actually.. it might be that your bb dosent know how to sleep on his own? if he always needs the breast to fall asleep then when he wake up slightly in the middle of the night, he wont be able to go back to sleep without the breast. wat u can do is try NOT to put hm down AFTER he fell asleep on your boobs. put him down when he is slightly awake.. at night when he wakes up, ignore him n see if he goes back to sleep in 10mins. if not then u can try to rock him, pat him etc etc but not feeding him. or if u are ok, then let him cry himself to sleep hehe. no matter wat, always put him down to bed slightly awake so he learns how to go to sleep by himself.

1568mummy

Hi 1568 Mummy, my baby want comfort or maybe could be hunger. She will just suckle for a while, then go back to sleep. Nowadays, she tend to cry or make noise during her sleep too. We have kept the room cool for her, change bedsheets and she is not ill. Wonder if its due to total breastfeeding, she used to suckle before she can sleep.
I breastfed my 2nd one till he was 6 months and when he was in his 5th month, the 'reliance' on the breast was very heavy. So I had to stop him from falling asleep with my nipple in his mouth. Bad Habit. What I did was, when he was 'full', (by now, I hope you have spot the 'full' signal) I detach him and let him sleep....

It was very tough at first, cos he was 'addicted' to it *giggle*, but press on! The habit can be broken. You have to be SURE she is 'Full', SO THAT you know the fuss is because of the 'bad habit' and not hunger. If not, your girl would be very pitiful....*wink*