My boy is 1 week away 4 mths what type of food can he start having!!

IcyTaz

My boy has been rejecting milk recently... got worried that his weight might decrease and he might not get enough nutrients. but fortunately he'll be able to start eating semi solid this sat. officially 4mths!!!!
was wondering what type of semi solid he can start eating??
Heinz product issit ok??
if i buy a small bottle of Heinz fruits can it be split into 2 days to complete???

ryjo

Milk is the best nutrition for baby, whether it is breast milk or formula. It is generally recommended that you introduce other food (solid) to baby when he is 6 months old and e solid food is mostly to provide calories for him, as he is getting more active by 6 mths. When you first introduce solid you only give him very little (1-2 tablespoons) and his main meals should still be milk.
IMO, try to stick to milk for now (until he regains his appetite). Was he recently vaccinated? My baby drank less after his vaccination, but after a few days was back to normal. Sometimes baby drink more sometimes less :)

candy_ian

Milk is the main nutritional source for babies 12 months n below. The guideline to start bb on semi solids wld b 6 months as advised by pds. 4 months is what the older generation say. I wld suggest u to wait for signs to tell u that your bb is ready for semi solids n not based on how many months. He shld b able to support his head, shows interest in food, wakes up more freq for night feed n no tongue thrust reflux.
He earlier u start on semi solids the less man nutrients they geb from their milk. When they start on semi solid initially is just 1-2 teaspoon a day..

Michelle Tan

When the baby is ready, start with cereal not Heinz fruit product.

Some paeds has started telling parents to start semi-solid food at 4mths (back to the old ways) as they found out that some babies develop food allergies if they start semi-solid food at 6mths old.

azukipancake

my bb's paedetrician at TMC actually recommended her to start weaning at 4mths, which surprised me. Maybe cos she saw that my bb seems to have hit certain developmental milestones, so no harm in trying proper food.

We started her on a combination of both Heinz fruit and vegetable jars / Rafferty's fruit packets, as well as iron-fortified rice cereal (Cerelac). I know it's not recommended by some doctors, but we add a teaspoon of rice creal to her milk for the midnite feed, so that she feels fuller and sleeps longer. (You have to make sure the bottle teat is fast flow and test it first, otherwise the milk could get stuck.) She seems to like both and has no problems with them. She's turning 5 months in a few days and the dr. has also recomended she start eating mashed potato and carrot:p

Interestingly, my bb also doesn't really like milk :p So we thought, why not try to give him food. Maybe she's sick of the milk taste:p

luvbene

My boy has been rejecting milk recently... got worried that his weight might decrease and he might not get enough nutrients. but fortunately he'll be able to start eating semi solid this sat. officially 4mths!!!!
was wondering what type of semi solid he can start eating??
Heinz product issit ok??
if i buy a small bottle of Heinz fruits can it be split into 2 days to complete???
I actually giving my boy which he is 4months 3weeks now the Heinz apple but after soon i think he developed some slight cough.. So i just feed him with some rice cereal for "si sen" brand without gingseng 2and half scoops with milk, cos i find that he keep on sticking out tongue or puting things or fingers in mouth.. :| But he dun seem lie to get enough.. and gets hungry even before next feeding time and also nowadays everytime his feeds he will cry or reluctant to drink milk..Hmmmm... Was wondering can the cereal be taken 2 times a day cos i just started feeding him in the morning once..