My First Skool (formerly known as NTUC Child Care)

veronica

Anyone enrolled their kid to the above for K1/K2 and has no problem transitting to Primary School.

I asked is because they offer a different cirrciulum than other private centres and I heard from most friends that their kids from other centres "learn" more than what My First Skool offers.

One main concern is My First Skool does not offer "spelling" to their K1/K2 but I see other centres already implementing it for their K students. Some kids from other centres already learning how to write their name in chinese as early as Nursery but my son was not taught. He is going K1 and I just started to teach him to write his name on his own.

I m in the dilemma whether I should transfer him out as I want to give him the necessary foundation so that he has no problem when he goes P1.

Appreciate your feedback...

stonston

My son just started Pre Nursery at a private kindergarten and he's already having homework (writing alphabets) and spelling (ant, apple) plus chinese words (on flashcards) to recognise.

They are tested every Wednesday.

It's a 2.5 hour daily program, not full day childcare.
I took him out from CCC cos they focus more on 'looking after the kids' rather than academic teaching. & since I have a maid, it was easy for us to change over cos no issues with childcare arrangement :)

MsKoh1973

My first skool fees are quite low, and for those wif financial difficulty, with proof, can even don't pay a single cent, as such, cannot ask for too much.

My girl is in the school, I have signed her up for many enrichment class since she started K1 this year. I don't think the enrichment are doing great, but better than don't have, now she is taking english, chinese and logic mill in school.

since my girl 3+, I have been letting her attend enrichment class fr outside the school, like kent ridge tutor, I can read.

really cannot put too much hope in school.

MsKoh1973

Think nowadays, parents really have to work beri hard for the education of their children.

Think I teach my girl more than the sch teach her. Now I oso teach her chinese Pi Hua, going to start to teach her Ping yin.

Also started teaching maths last month, will likely start to teach Science next month. Cannot imagine what will happen when she go P1 in year 2012.

Also thinking, should send her to neighbour school or other school but further away fr home.........headache........

MsKoh1973

well, your BI HUA n PINYIN also wrong already, how to teach your girl HYPY? -.-""""
aiyo, got books, those pasa malam books I buy for them, $1 only, go pi hua, pi soon.

and oso got internet website teach the pinying, just on an click click click, now 3rd lesson w them, they already noe the basic sheng mu and yun mu liao, heheheheheheh.....actually sometimes come to think of it, I think i quite creative in teaching, kekekekek, wanted to apply to be teacher recently (of cos not teaching chinese lah), but my husband beri against it, cos long hours..........

Merry Lianawati

My son just started Pre Nursery at a private kindergarten and he's already having homework (writing alphabets) and spelling (ant, apple) plus chinese words (on flashcards) to recognise.

They are tested every Wednesday.

It's a 2.5 hour daily program, not full day childcare.
I took him out from CCC cos they focus more on 'looking after the kids' rather than academic teaching. & since I have a maid, it was easy for us to change over cos no issues with childcare arrangement :)
Hi Stonston. May I know, which pre nursery that your son started last time? I also looking for pre nursery for my girl that only 2-2.5 hour daily. Any parents have recomended for hourly pre shool? cos, I have my mom to help me to take care my baby so, no need go in for childcare.Thank you.

Merry Lianawati

Hi Stonston. May I know, which pre nursery that your son started last time? I also looking for pre nursery for my girl that only 2-2.5 hour daily. Any parents have recomended for hourly pre shool? cos, I have my mom to help me to take care my baby so, no need go in for childcare.Thank you.[/QUOTE]