My maid resigned

MsKoh1973

Indo maid started working w us since Dec 08 resigned y'sday. Reason being I scolded her.....

I never scolded her since she came, but on Thur, there was leftover rice, she blamed my dad for cooking too much (my dad love to fight with her cooking). She complaint to me 5-8 times since I came home after wk. Each time, I told her never mind, either she eat more, or keep for tmr I can fried rice.

Then before I sleep, she came to me again, showed me that "koh lian tai" want to cry face, repeat the whole story abt the leftover rice blr blr blr, I told her off, I asked her what she wanted? Wanted me to scold my dad or what, I already said never mind, not angry, yet she kept repeating, I told her now I really angry, but is with her.

My girl told me she cried.............

Then Friday nite, I cook for the whole family, cos dun want her to get upset again for leftover rice.........abt 8pm, she came to tell me, she quit.......think she think I will let her go back to agent and change employer, fat hope, I am going to send her straight back to Jkt by Sunday.

MsKoh1973

treated her soo good, never scold her, my sis told me she "in love" w me cos I left Msia for CNY, she cried, tat's why she couldn't take me scold her.

Even gv her $50 ang bao for CNY, and since she came, nearly every 3 mth she wk, as encouragement, I gave her bonus of $50 to $100.

Think next 2 m, I will try to live w/o a maid.....hope I can survive

my house got 3 kids, I have volunteered to wash my own, dad, kids' clothes, cook diner......the rest of the wk will have to be split between my husband, xiao gu, dear sister ..............
:Dancing_wub:

MsKoh1973

since my maid came, detergent everthing used beri fast.

She even shower 3 times aday for abt half an hour each time. My water bill has gone up by 3 times, Power Supply staff even came to visit my house...........

rainypink

Hi there..

Erm.. I udnertsnad your frustration. But i hope your maid is not trying to make you fly her back to her own country!!!

I suspect that because you gave her quite a sum of money. enough for her to go back and spend on her family!

hmm...

I heard there are some maids who purposely make their employer angry to make them send them back to their home otwn.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
MsKoh,

I understand about your anger over this incident but sometimes it is good to take a step backward and leave a room for the other person to live.

I would imagine she needs to support her whole family back in Indonesia and your kindness for allowing her to work in another family instead of sending her back to Jakarta could earn you good Karma :)

Forgive and Let Live

Edy

wendy79

Hi i think if her maid has enjoyed good life at her house, she is going to give problem to another family. Let;s put it this way, Ms Koh has been so kind to her until that she can keep complaining about Ms Koh's father, who hasnt even done anything wrong. If she goes to another family that doesnt give her bonus, more family members at home, i am sure she will create trouble for the other family,
I am sorry Ms Koh but i am not against you, however my maid is also spoilt . She talks back to my mum when my mum told her that she did not clean the bathroom properly, and she went to throw away the porridge water that we boiled for my son who;s having fever, just because she wants that bowl to eat her instant noodle... Imagine the bowl is far away from the basin and even used a plate to cover...
My friends say i shouldnt treat her so nice since day 1. we allow her to eat whatever dishes that is on the table (after we finished our meals). She becomes so bold that she took the big piece of fish and left the small one for my sister (works late sometimes). She would not touch the rice or vegetables that was leftover from lunch, unless there wasnt any fresh cooked ones for dinner...
There are many other instances where she made me so angry... now thinking should i send her back/....

MsKoh,

I understand about your anger over this incident but sometimes it is good to take a step backward and leave a room for the other person to live.

I would imagine she needs to support her whole family back in Indonesia and your kindness for allowing her to work in another family instead of sending her back to Jakarta could earn you good Karma :)

Forgive and Let Live

Edy

MsKoh1973

I double confirm with her this afternn, she admitted shouldn't have complaint so many times abt my dad over the leftover rice. She admitted she is in the wrong and she left becos she is not happy I scold her.

Sending her back home is not a bad karma, could be a good one, I think I am super good to her, in fact, usually I cook diner, she eat, and if she is hungry, she can eat before everyone, I dun mind.

She can eat my ice cream, drink my soda, and bought maggie mee based on her favourite........

She used my hp to sms home few times, on top of the calling I left her do as and when she like. She told me she was single, she thought I couldn't understand what she wrote......She sms to her lover.

I never confronted her, still nice to her.

Imagine if I treat her so well, she still can't take it, if she go another house, what's going to happen.

In my house, she only do cleaning and washing, all kids school and childcare, normally 8 to 6 nobody at home, is her own world, what else she want?

Do wrong, yet not happy I scold her?

She said she want to go back home, dun want to change employer.

Hi i think if her maid has enjoyed good life at her house, she is going to give problem to another family. Let;s put it this way, Ms Koh has been so kind to her until that she can keep complaining about Ms Koh's father, who hasnt even done anything wrong. If she goes to another family that doesnt give her bonus, more family members at home, i am sure she will create trouble for the other family,
I am sorry Ms Koh but i am not against you, however my maid is also spoilt . She talks back to my mum when my mum told her that she did not clean the bathroom properly, and she went to throw away the porridge water that we boiled for my son who;s having fever, just because she wants that bowl to eat her instant noodle... Imagine the bowl is far away from the basin and even used a plate to cover...
My friends say i shouldnt treat her so nice since day 1. we allow her to eat whatever dishes that is on the table (after we finished our meals). She becomes so bold that she took the big piece of fish and left the small one for my sister (works late sometimes). She would not touch the rice or vegetables that was leftover from lunch, unless there wasnt any fresh cooked ones for dinner...
There are many other instances where she made me so angry... now thinking should i send her back/....
im also quite pekk chekk with my indo maid... but dont think i'll send her back laa unless she really go overboard. cause i think with her personality, she's gonna cry real bad. haizz. what to do...

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I did not mean if you sent her bad is a bad karma :) ... i guess you did the right thing and you are a fair employer. :red:

MsKoh1973

Actually I did not mean if you sent her bad is a bad karma :) ... i guess you did the right thing and you are a fair employer. :red:
She want go back asap to Indo, called MOM, said must buy air ticket first, then cancelled work permit on line, said today half day, do on mon more safe............otherwise we wd hv send her back tmr............

so will send her back on tuesday morning....

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Airasia tix is pretty low price ... that is what my co worker used when sending his maid back to Jakarta :)

isabelandrew

Airasia tix is pretty low price ... that is what my co worker used when sending his maid back to Jakarta :)
is it all indo maids are getting out of hands now!
gees - do we owe them a living?

be a hotel receptionist or hotel butler to cater to their needs?

MsKoh1973

Sent her back liao on 9 March, recently started to do housewk again then found that, she spolit my iron and board.....my kitchen underneath the toaster she never clean........

She fed pineapple to my 4 yo girl.........now think back, thank god she resigned.........We are going maidless for the moment........

Interesting.
I think we need to strike a balance. We can be nice to maid but need to draw a clear line. Human it's like that. When they cross the line a little we need to tell them to back off, else maids will push, push and keep pushing to the maximum limit that they can push.
Just like a child, they will also try, try and keep trying till we make a firm stand, ahahhh! the child will say that is my mum's limit. So the next round they know that they cannot go beyond that limit or they will get it or face the music.
Life is about balancing. It is how we gonna manage how to balance well.
Just my small thought.

I'm still learning how to "balance the line" btw me and my new maid. lolzzz
Sometimes when I forget, my hubby will remind me... "Hello dear, too friendly~" not easy I say.....

anyway just want to share an accident since Im here... hee..

this morning, I saw one single sock in baby's cabinet. Then I called my maid over and asked her what happened to the other... She said, "drop, drop".
I said, "oh drop then find and put it lorr" :embarrassed:
then she went out looking for it.
I also didnt think much cause I thought maybe it's the washing machine,
laundry area or accidentally folded in with some other clothings.
Later in the afternoon, I wanted to bath my baby, opened the cabinet again,
saw the single sock again, asked her again, she repeated the same words again. LOLz. "drop, drop" :err:
I BTH. "you show mdm where u drop, drop can?" :we2huh:
she brought me to the bathroom and said the sock dropped into the drainage hole.... *faintzzzzzzz* LOLz laa
so puzzling horr?? Inside me I was like, "siaoo zarr bohh laa this one" :we3goofy:
cause if it had dropped inside the drainage hole while she was washing it,
she couldve told me immediately or something like that right?
can continue to wash, squeeze dry, go hang dry, collect back, fold and put the one single sock back into the cabinet? :we2unsure:
aiyoyoyoyo!

P.S. pls dont misunderstood me. i'm not complaining, i just find it puzzling cause she's normally not so blur one

Last edited:
Hi pineappletart.
Your maid so cute. Haha..
Ya it can be quite challenging at times you know, to be nice and at the same time firm!!?? :red:

But guess thats life.
Your maid from Indo or Phili?
Mine from Phili. She is 40, forgetful but very nice to my children, good attitude so I guess I just closed one eye lor..
Her birthday was last friday, I gave her red packet $20 and bought her birthday cake, she touch till tears drop down.
I guess this is call give and take, the art of balancing. Haha..

allycat

i also close one eye (or maybe 1.5 eyes :p) when it comes to my maid. so long as my kids are taken care of, the cleanliness of the hse is not really that important to me. my current maid's contract is ending this jun. while she'll like to renew the contract, she's afraid she cant handle 4 kids (yah, i know its not easy). thankfully my MIL has agreed to come over to help out, phew.

MsKoh1973

Just got a new maid fr Advance Link on 31 mar, she was transferred becos she couldn't cook.......

she wk in Msia couple of years to do gen house cleaning......
she is christian so can eat pork, ang mo oso not bad...........
but she still like abit blur.........

before that went to Nation to see their transfer maid......wowo, the transfer maid quite demanding, only want to wk in family with less than 4 pp, Nation said maid oso their customer, so they will try to "accomodate" their request.

Hi pineappletart.
Your maid so cute. Haha..
Ya it can be quite challenging at times you know, to be nice and at the same time firm!!?? :red:

But guess thats life.
Your maid from Indo or Phili?
Mine from Phili. She is 40, forgetful but very nice to my children, good attitude so I guess I just closed one eye ..
Her birthday was last friday, I gave her red packet $20 and bought her birthday cake, she touch till tears drop down.
I guess this is call give and take, the art of balancing. Haha..
she's from Indo. the agency was so against filipino maids. i so badly wanted a maid frm philipines. but they kinda make them out like trouble makers. so i got a little scared. anyway thanks lorr ~ im learning bahasa Indo instead!

ya as long as she is good to your children and with good attitude... i think can be content already.

wow! hehe I bet she must be very happy. imagine my big boss buy me a cake on my bday. I might cry too. :shyxxx:

btw, do u keep hidden cams in your house??

MsKoh1973

she's from Indo. the agency was so against filipino maids. i so badly wanted a maid frm philipines. but they kinda make them out like trouble makers. so i got a little scared. anyway thanks lorr ~ im learning bahasa Indo instead!

ya as long as she is good to your children and with good attitude... i think can be content already.

wow! hehe I bet she must be very happy. imagine my big boss buy me a cake on my bday. I might cry too. :shyxxx:

btw, do you keep hidden cams in your house??
I oso buy her a birthday cake......yet my indo maid still resigned and left us in Mar.........

They unappreciative one lah......I even gv my x-maid bonus of $50 to $100 every 3 months to keep her "going", she oso resigned. Now really regretted, shd have kept all till she finished her contract.