My Prince Arrival!!

jj25

Alpha Male
Hi all!
My prince had arrived on 26 June 2009 just before midnight at TMC!
Weight: 3.610kgs
Birth: Natural on Drip, Gas, Pethedine and Epi.

My DW was asked to admit to TMC to be induced on 25 June 09 at 2230hrs.

She was pushed into the labour ward on 26 June 09 at 9am. By the time I was allowed in to see her, she was already strapped to the CTG machine. At about 10am, gynea broke her water bag and by 10.20am, she was already 1.5cm dilated. By 11am, she was already 2cm dilated. Lunch - soft food was served at about 11.30pm. Contractions went up and down till about 2pm and gynea came in to check on her and mentioned that it was slow....

By 2.30pm, she broke her record on the "green" reading, that is contraction and it was 105! Her contractions were getting more regular as time goes by and by 5.25pm, she was about 3.5cm dilated. My hands were feeling the aches as she squeezes on them and I feel hopless that I cannot help more.......

By 5.30pm, she was on the drip and the contractions got stronger.... Soon she was wheeled into the birth room at about 5.45pm. With the drip, her contractions became stronger with higher readings and shorter intervals and it was taking a toil on her.......

AT 6.30pm, DW used the gas. However, after a few tries on it, she felt like vomitting and dizzy. By 7pm, she was checked again and she was 4cm dilated. I was thinking, to fully dilate, she was only halfway through and her face is turing pale........ N her lips are cracking. N she only ate something light earlier...... Where to find the energy and strength to continue??

DW then apologied to me that she cannot tahan and wanted to take Epi. That she going to spend more money on her. I assured her that she need not apologies and went to seek nurse assistance to contact gynae for the Epi request.

7.15pm, gynae arrived and checked DW. She was only 4cm dilated! I was shocked for I was with DW all along and for the past 1hr and 45 minutes, only 0.5cm dilated; when her "green" readings were on an average of 92 which is high! What shock me more was that gynae not giving DW Epi till he can confirm DW can do natural and not C-section saying Epi for natural and GA for C-section, different. I was huh??

Poor DW was checked again at about 7.20pm and she was still 4cm dilated. Gynae decided only can give a jab ( Pethedine) 1st then see how later. I was speechless and can only give moral support and my hands for her little comfort! DW was given the jab at about 7.25pm.

From 7.25pm to 9.15pm, DW was getting weaker and paler as the contractions maintained.....At about 9.25pm, DW was 8cm dilated. Yes! 9.30pm and she had a strong urge to pass motion, good sign. But DW was really suffering and she asked for Epi again. Another check and she was allowed Epi....... Finally.

10pm, Epi was administered and DW looked peaceful. 11pm, she was asked to try pushing while midwife called my gynea. My gynea arrived and with his experience and vacuum, our prince was out to this world shortly before midnight with his 2 distinct cries...

DW tried to Bf our prince but was not successful. Accompanied both to their wards before returning home and doing this report.

This may be a boring and long report but one thing I must say. DW and all whom had given birth, my "Ke Tou" to you all; for going through such extents in bringing life and joy to me and others !!!

Domique

CONGRATS!
quite a big baby!
Enjoy motherhood and welcome to the sleepless night club.

:)

Hi all!
My prince had arrived on 26 June 2009 just before midnight at Thomson Medical Center!
Weight: 3.610kgs
Birth: Natural on Drip, Gas, Pethedine and Epi.

My DW was asked to admit to Thomson Medical Center to be induced on 25 June 09 at 2230hrs.

She was pushed into the labour ward on 26 June 09 at 9am. By the time I was allowed in to see her, she was already strapped to the CTG machine. At about 10am, gynea broke her water bag and by 10.20am, she was already 1.5cm dilated. By 11am, she was already 2cm dilated. Lunch - soft food was served at about 11.30pm. Contractions went up and down till about 2pm and gynea came in to check on her and mentioned that it was slow....

By 2.30pm, she broke her record on the "green" reading, that is contraction and it was 105! Her contractions were getting more regular as time goes by and by 5.25pm, she was about 3.5cm dilated. My hands were feeling the aches as she squeezes on them and I feel hopless that I cannot help more.......

By 5.30pm, she was on the drip and the contractions got stronger.... Soon she was wheeled into the birth room at about 5.45pm. With the drip, her contractions became stronger with higher readings and shorter intervals and it was taking a toil on her.......

AT 6.30pm, DW used the gas. However, after a few tries on it, she felt like vomitting and dizzy. By 7pm, she was checked again and she was 4cm dilated. I was thinking, to fully dilate, she was only halfway through and her face is turing pale........ and her lips are cracking. and she only ate something light earlier...... Where to find the energy and strength to continue??

DW then apologied to me that she cannot tahan and wanted to take Epi. That she going to spend more money on her. I assured her that she need not apologies and went to seek nurse assistance to contact gynae for the Epi request.

7.15pm, gynae arrived and checked DW. She was only 4cm dilated! I was shocked for I was with DW all along and for the past 1hr and 45 minutes, only 0.5cm dilated; when her "green" readings were on an average of 92 which is high! What shock me more was that gynae not giving DW Epi till he can confirm DW can do natural and not C-section saying Epi for natural and GA for C-section, different. I was huh??

Poor DW was checked again at about 7.20pm and she was still 4cm dilated. Gynae decided only can give a jab ( Pethedine) 1st then see how later. I was speechless and can only give moral support and my hands for her little comfort! DW was given the jab at about 7.25pm.

From 7.25pm to 9.15pm, DW was getting weaker and paler as the contractions maintained.....At about 9.25pm, DW was 8cm dilated. Yes! 9.30pm and she had a strong urge to pass motion, good sign. But DW was really suffering and she asked for Epi again. Another check and she was allowed Epi....... Finally.

10pm, Epi was administered and DW looked peaceful. 11pm, she was asked to try pushing while midwife called my gynea. My gynea arrived and with his experience and vacuum, our prince was out to this world shortly before midnight with his 2 distinct cries...

DW tried to Bf our prince but was not successful. Accompanied both to their wards before returning home and doing this report.

This may be a boring and long report but one thing I must say. DW and all whom had given birth, my "Ke Tou" to you all; for going through such extents in bringing life and joy to me and others !!!

Queenbabe

Yup very big leh ... my son 3.5kg i already going to faint is it because i never take epi hahaha ... Congrats to u & ur dw .. y not 27 june same bday as me hehe ....

jj25

Alpha Male
Yup very big ... my son 3.5kg i already going to faint is it because i never take epi hahaha ... Congrats to you & your dw .. why not 27 june same bday as me hehe ....
Thank you elaine82. Yup. Mi little prince is quite big. Kudos 2 u for not needing to use Epi.

Er.... Mi ask my prince to chose when he wana come out ( 26 or 27) and maybe he did plan 2 be out on 26 june?

Guess wat, DW ward is 626B ( we knew abt it at 3pm and I was thinking so "ciao", "liu yue er shi liu"(prince bday)(Boy) :001_302:

renieee

Congrats on the arrival of your prince..

Hmm is there any difference between Epi for natural birth and GA for C-section? I had my C-section done with Epi..

jj25

Alpha Male
Hmm is there any difference between Epi for natural birth and GA for C-section? I had my C-section done with Epi..
That's why I was suprised when told by gynae. From what I know, Epi effect last longer, GA effect shorter. If opt for C-section straight, will be ask to take GA or full A and so far I do not have any info on whether Epi will be offered as well.

I learned that for natural delivery, after given Epi still can go for C-section. So far I had not heard of natural being given GA though.

I will ask my gynae again when I acc DW to see him on Wed and just update here.

Queenbabe

Thank you elaine82. Yup. Mi little prince is quite big. Kudos 2 you for not needing to use Epi.

Er.... Mi ask my prince to chose when he want to come out ( 26 or 27) and maybe he did plan 2 be out on 26 june?

Guess what, DW ward is 626B ( we knew about it at 3pm and I was thinking so "ciao", "liu yue er shi liu"(prince bday)(Boy) :001_302:
anyway 26 or 27 doesnt matter as long he is healthy will do .... r u nervous & sweat together when ur dw pushing :001_302: ...... wats kudos ??? haha is it stupid ... i dun like the feeling injecting the epi so i chose not to take lor ....

Happy Birthday Elaine82!!
Thanks Domique .... :Dancing_wub:

joeichen

Congratz.... to u n ur DW.
So muz sayang ur DW more in future, its not ez job to go thru the 10mths pregnancy and long hours of labour...
More to come in near future like waking up at nitz for feeding and comfor ur DW thru the BF process...
Enjoy ur fatherhood...

renieee

That's why I was suprised when told by gynae. From what I know, Epi effect last longer, GA effect shorter. If opt for C-section straight, will be ask to take GA or full A and so far I do not have any info on whether Epi will be offered as well.

I learned that for natural delivery, after given Epi still can go for C-section. So far I had not heard of natural being given GA though.

I will ask my gynae again when I acc DW to see him on Wed and just update here.
Oic.. Maybe becos mine is an emergency c-section so it had to be done with epi since i am already given it.. Maybe i should check with my gynae as well, as i am going for my c-section in Sept.. i definitely wun wan GA or full A..

jj25

Alpha Male
anyway 26 or 27 doesnt matter as long he is healthy will do .... are you nervous & sweat together when your dw pushing :001_302: ...... wats kudos ??? haha is it stupid ... i dont like the feeling injecting the epi so i chose not to take ....
Yup. I fully agree that s long s BB is healthy, the rest is secondary.

Kudos (think wrong spelling) is something like "Ke Tou" or "saluate"...

Nope I did not sweat cos the room was so cold but yes I was nervous when DW started pushing....

Its not stupid, I also do not like the feeling of Epi being injected at such a vulnerable place. Btw mi mum mentioned after the Epi must take care of the back else will have backache years down the road.....

Queenbabe

Yup. I fully agree that s long s baby is healthy, the rest is secondary.

Kudos (think wrong spelling) is something like "Ke Tou" or "saluate"...

Nope I did not sweat cos the room was so cold but yes I was nervous when DW started pushing....

Its not stupid, I also do not like the feeling of Epi being injected at such a vulnerable place. Btw mi mum mentioned after the Epi must take care of the back else will have backache years down the road.....
Very painful to inject epi ... did u see how the jab look like ... when i have my dd lastime the only time & lastime i take epi i feel like the needle is quite thick is it ?? i think so that time after i take i do feel i have backaching for quite sometimes when i bend down .....:eek: