My son learning to control his bladder ?

caydendaddy

Alpha Male
Hi, Just wanna check with all mummies and daddies here.

My son is near 14 months already and recently I notice that when I change his diaper in the morning, it is no longer very heavy.

It use to be heavy with his urine but now very little only. is it because he is learning to control his bladder or is there something wrong ?

He looks fine, alert and playful.

stonston

caydendaddy, u try every morning if his diaper not very heavy, u bring him to toilet to encourange him to pee there...see if he will do it or not...

different baby got different signals tt they r ready to be toilet trained...different baby different timing also...

for my boi, he will signal tt he wanna pee, but cant wait till we bring him to toilet....but at least he signals he wanna pee....

stonston

Ok, thanks, how to train him thought ?
different pple different method...

u can try e 'totalli no diapers' method...or e 'tell me when u wanna pee' method or e 'training pants' method...

totalli no diapers means u dun put diapers at all cos if ur kiddo pee n mess up, it will be uncomfy so they will tell u next time...

tell me when u wanna pee means like wot i'm doing for my boi lor...wait for his signal then quickly bring him to toilet...but still put diapers as usual la...

training pants is those thicker pants tt r more absorbent lor...easy to pull up n down so they can go toilet on their own...

realli up to u to choose which method u prefer....
i prefer to teach him to signal to me, then bring him to toilet...
but for now, every morning my maid will make him sit on potty n wait for him to pee pee or poo poo... :)

jinjin39

Hi Stonston,

Tks something frm u.my ds nw already 24+ mths still wearing diapers.Try the no diapers method but refuse to say when going to pee...end up pee in his pants...haiz...dun knw wat to do....:tno:

stonston

jinjin, as i said, different bb different timing...maybe ur boi not ready to be toilet trained yet...u gotta teach him to signal (hand sign, point) to u when he wanna pee, even if he cant talk yet :)