My two month old baby suddenly vomit all his milk !

apollo

if is just 1 or 2times, is okay, just make sure u burp him aft every 20-30ml of milk and try not to overfeed him. dont carry him ard, change diaper or rock him aft she just had milk. place him slightly upright (abt 45degree) for 20-30 min aft milk. but if he vomits right after EVERY feeds, pls bring him to hospital, be it KKH or pte hospital..

gumbokins

the baby's digestive system still quite immature..so it will happen. you don't have anything to worry about unless you see blood or it happens ALL the time that your baby is not growing well because he's not getting enough nutrition. Think Motherhood Nov edition had a good write up and reflux in babies. my son at 6 weeks has also recently started his spitting up phase. Got one time I just latched him then he spat up this big gooey mess on my breast. Wah.

just prepare a lot of towels to clean up the mess and have patience :)

ubergreeniee

my baby had the same prob. she vomitted milk in merlion style. it started when she was just 5-6 weeks old and went on everyday until she was 10-12 weeks. she stopped vomitting milk when we bottle fed her with EBM.

maichiang

my baby had the same prob. she vomitted milk in merlion style. it started when she was just 5-6 weeks old and went on everyday until she was 10-12 weeks. she stopped vomitting milk when we bottle fed her with EBM.
my 5 week old son has started doing that!! not the merlion style,maybe just once or twice..other times it will come out slightly from the side..been getting frequent but in small amt..its worrying me..btw he's slightly feverish and his BO pattern has changed..used to do in the morning n twice-thrice in the day..yst he did just once in the night..and today hasnt done yet!!! and he does like he is in so much pain-grunts,strains and crys when BO-ing but poos normally..

ubergreeniee

my 5 week old son has started doing that!! not the merlion style,maybe just once or twice..other times it will come out slightly from the side..been getting frequent but in small amt..its worrying me..btw he's slightly feverish and his BO pattern has changed..used to do in the morning n twice-thrice in the day..yst he did just once in the night..and today hasnt done yet!!! and he does like he is in so much pain-grunts,strains and crys when BO-ing but poos normally..
the pain grunts is normal as ur little one is learning how to pass motion. this is what they call "kek-sai" :p

maichiang

the pain grunts is normal as your little one is learning how to pass motion. this is what they call "kek-sai" :p
it is normal to strain,grunt n even cry??!! then i am relived! thou' it still aching to see him in so much pain! anyhow do any of your kiddos choke on their own 'vomitted' milk and have difficulties breathing? mine does tt,i've to quickly prop him upright thus i always lie him lateral when sleeping at night..is it normal?

ubergreeniee

it is normal to strain,grunt n even cry??!! then i am relived! thou' it still aching to see him in so much pain! anyhow do any of your kiddos choke on their own 'vomitted' milk and have difficulties breathing? mine does that,i've to quickly prop him upright thus i always lie him lateral when sleeping at night..is it normal?

Strain, grunt and cry yes... cry because baby experiences tummy ache and tries to get over it by trying to push it out. but it also depends on the types of cry. if too excessive, then baby must be really unwell somewhere..

as for vomitted milk, mine used to experience it during the day. but at night, no such problem as she is in deep sleep.

maichiang

Strain, grunt and cry yes... cry because baby experiences tummy ache and tries to get over it by trying to push it out. but it also depends on the types of cry. if too excessive, then baby must be really unwell somewhere..

as for vomitted milk, mine used to experience it during the day. but at night, no such problem as she is in deep sleep.
noted! but mine vomits and get choke alot..am scared whilst deep in sleep,he will do tt too..so alwayz lying him lateral and alwayz wake up tons of times in a night to check him..and i put him beside me..