Naming The Baby...

mommysnake

Thats nice!..thanks to everyone who replied this thread..

Hmmm, we havent decide the name for our baby yet...but would prefer name starting with 'M' or 'I' for English name.:we2cute:

felicia86

No neccesary to get fengshui master, coz i realised that all babies will end up having similar names if they go to the same master. best is to decide among family members.

missyqiqi

No neccesary to get fengshui master, coz i realised that all babies will end up having similar names if they go to the same master. best is to decide among family members.
Yap yap I agree. My mom said her childcare center got a few parents go to fengshui master to name their child, end up the children in the classes got same name. Even my cousin also. End up my cousin also change his name because something happen the name said is not suitable.

For my coming child, name are choose by my mom and me, coz my hubby chinese not good. I just go through the dictionary to see which chinese character has nice meaning in it and my mom just calculate the total strokes make sure she's healthy and filial. No bazhi or anything, then after that see whether my hubby like it a not. We didn't choose any english name even though my hubby want it because I find it too common, and if u want unique u got to mixed and match and sometimes it make the name so difficult to pronounce.

No matter what method u choose for ur baby name, still I always believe one hokkien song I heard before. It's meaning is 30% based on ur fate (like god, name etc), the rest 70% you got to fight for it, if you don't fight, you can't win the battle.

For example if calculate the name will have great fortune, but if the child don't work hard, how to have great fortune? And I always believe in karma, so if you do so many bad stuff, definitely ur good fortune will be use up.

*above its just personal opinion, most importantly, the name must be easy to write, pronounce and both parents must like it!

mommysnake

Overall, i believe names are quite important for a person's life but i also believe in working hard to be successful bcos i believe nothing is for granted in this world, with a good name..it may be a good start but u still need to work for it along the way.:)

Hi Ladies, just an update, we went to a master for our baby's name based on his bazhi but as wat i mentioned above earlier, i believe one needs to work hard in life cos there is no such thing as 'sailing' through without any obstacles in life.Like all parents, we want the best for our child, naming our baby is a choice and hoping that he will have a good start and wont need to change his name in his adulthood.

We are very happy with his Chinese name, both hubby and i likes it, our family members like the name too.. its sounds pleasant with a good meaning behind and it's not common, i havent known anyone with the same name as my son, as for English name we name him ourselves.:)

ling.er

Ya i agree.. if realy go count the name future sch have the same name also more Paisei or wat... Yes is true tat we must figh for ourself... :tlaugh:

athanmiddleton

with regards to name i wont actually follow such beliefs. No disrespect but we just prefer to choose our names(me and my hubby) combined it together to come up with our babies name. and we really like what we choose. :)

mommysnake

I believe almost all parents wld love to name their own baby, my hubby and i were cracking our heads earlier finding a name for our child but we couldnt find the chinese name we both like and agrees, when the master told us the name and the meaning, we really likes it alot, its a unique name that we cant think of with our mandarin standard.:001_302: Most importantly, it benefits the child, we are both happy with the name and we gave him an English name too (bcos i conceived him during Christmas last year.) Anyway, it's a win-win situation and theres no need to change his name in future and everyone is happy.:) :Dancing_wub:

Generally, theres no right or wrong abt naming the baby by your own or by a master, its a choice and all parents wants the best for their child.:)

angelababi

i agreed with mommysnake , theres no right or wrong about naming the baby by your own or by a master, its a choice and all parents wants the best for their child.
Imp thing is both couple likes the name and the meaning behind of the baby name . For my baby niece her name is by master she name ' yu en ' beside her parents to me i find her name is very sweet and pure too :D