Need Advice on Hiring Private Tutors

matchalatte

Hi all, I have been thinking about getting private tutors for my kid for extra enrichment (both academic and extra-curricular), and am wondering what is the best way to look for tutors.

In my research, I have come across many agencies, but am skeptical if they really have their clients' best interest in mind (I've heard from friends who have had bad experience with them) Curious to find out from the moms here if you have hired tutors before, and how did you go about hiring one. Thank you all in advance!

Love,
Maggie

trcy

Hello Maggie!

I've decided to join and post on this forum because this topic relates very well to me. My dd does not do well in math and I have been trying to find her a tutor. Agencies are good but of course there's some black sheep (that's why some ppl have bad experience). However I think word of mouth is better as it is more like a recommendation. My dd's tutor is from word of mouth as well and the tutor (female) is really good and help her improve in her studies. Rarely late and hardly change timing. After a few months I also let her teach my dd other subjects. If you need her contact you can pm me!

Last edited:

bh881234

Hi
I am a tuition coordinator.
We have over 10,000 qualified and experienced tutors (even ex teachers) - for all subjects and levels.
We can match one just for you based on your requirements.

All these at NO additional cost to you.
Please let me know if you are interested and we can discuss further.
Also if you have friends who are looking for tutors, please help to refer and you can get a referral fee :)

Thank you