need advice

pinkytham

hi mummies i will be going to taiwan for 8days next month and would be bringing my ger along...any mummies can give advice on wat are the important things i must bring there?
must i bring one BIG packet of pampers and i big tin of milk?
any alternatives?

Goldiemum

I just took my boy of 10 months to Phuket last month 4 days 3 nights. I brought a small tin of formula 400g and estimate about 4 diaper change a day. In the end, 400g is just enough down to the last bottle of his feeds on our plane back to SG and I had to buy a small pack of diapers there cos not enough.

Getting diapers in TW shouldn't be a problem. But if you are concern on the type of formula available there, you may want to bring your own. To save space and depending on the type of FM you are giving your baby, you can get those packet form rather than tin. But I would think that most major brands of FM would be available so you would not need to bring too much.

You may want to pack in medicine kit just for your ger, toys/books to play on the plane. Est 1 - 2 outfits per day unless you intend to launder the clothes. Let her have some water or her pacific during plane take off to reduce the pressure to prevent ear pain.

Last edited:

SH74

hi mummies i will be going to taiwan for 8days next month and would be bringing my ger along...any mummies can give advice on what are the important things i must bring there?
must i bring one BIG packet of pampers and i big tin of milk?
any alternatives?
how old is ur gal?

i brought my 24mth old son to egypt for a week 3 months ago. i didnt bring the whole tin of milk cos it's bulky n heavy. i bought those GOOD ziploc bags to store his medicine and milk powder (with double layers). for my boy, he drinks milk usually twice a day. so i prep the amount for a week's supply (remember intake during the plane ride) n additional 2 days' supply. n it's JUST NICE. no leftovers.

for diapers, he usu uses 4 (max) a day. as usu, i prep a week's supply + 2 days' supply also. i had to bring more cos of the country i go. for taiwan, still not so bad. can still buy milk n diapers fr supermarket.

but do get med fr doctors, jus in case.

also bring some snacks (if she's able to eat solids) e.g. biscuits, cereals (corn flakes,...) or anything she likes to eat. if u r worried abt the air pressure, u can give her sweets to eat b4 take off n landing. drinking milk during that time also can.

if she's big enough alr, bring some of her fav toys. so she doesnt feel insecure or unfamiliar at a foreign place, sleeping in hotel n stuff.

oh ya.. n wipes n sanitizer. for hygiene purpose. but taiwan still ok la. not much to worry.

i think that's all.

oh ya.. 1 more thing.. bring a separate bag to store her stuff. haversack or something. so u can bring out everywhere u go n also up d plane. also, dun put everything in the luggage in case u lost the luggage. n bring a bottle of water (fr s'pore) to mix w the water there to make milk for her. remember to boil the water there. 1st day mix more s'pore water (mayb half half). den reduce each time. den keep ur fingers crossed, everything ok.

Last edited:

pinkytham

baby nw 14 mths =D but she does nt really like solid food loves milk more think will heed ur advice to pput the milk in the ziplock bag =D
cause i dun think gain iq step 3 gt packet form =(
thnks to all for the useful advice