Need recommendation

AllyLim

Hi mommies

I've just completed my Confinement recently.My CL name is Choon Jie - really great at looking after baby, and cooking is really good. Helps out on doing some housework without asking when baby is sleeping! Really positive experience. I was quite fortunate that she had a slot because i left it a bit late.I believe she's fully book until after CNY next year, but I found her on a confinement nanny search website link zenmom.my. There's quite a list of confinement ladies with reviews as well.

Hope that helps anyone still looking for confinement ladies.

Kenjo

Hi All Mummies to be,

I just finished my confinement and thought i should share with you about the good confinement nanny that i engaged. The week before I went for labour, I am 71kg. Comparing to now, 59kg. I had lost 12 kg after giving birth, mostly thanks to my confinement nanny. Before pregnancy, my health condition was very poor. My face was often as pale as paper. After birth, with my confinement nanny's receipe, I feel more energetic and i can see my health gradually turning for the better than before.

People often say that pregnant mothers tend to drop loads of hair after birth, which is true. However, to help me, my confinement nanny put some herbs in my red date tea which I took for a week and it alleviated my condition! In fact, only few strands of hair drop per day when combing. Its unbelievable that just my red date tea alone have 8 different kind of herbs used...

Mine was natural birth but without any epidural neither nor any pain relieve except the laughing gas. Therefore, after birth, I can feel the extreme pain. In chinese medicine studies says, meals with chicken or egg are not allow during the first 12 days. However, I didnt know about this, hospital's confinement food comes with herbal chicken, I ate the whole bowl. Plus, my grandma boil black chicken, I drank all. I was in great pain the first week. Lucky my nanny know how to help me. She ask me wash with salt water. At first, I thought this confinement nanny is crazy, the wounds sure extremely painful to be contacted with salt water. I still challenge her on this. In the end, I followed her instruction because the pain was unbearable that I have to try. Surprisngly, the next day, the pain almost gone...

My baby has serious blocked nose and was not able to drink well. He wakes up hourly for milk, even at night! Thankfully, my confinement nanny was very patient, she wakes up to feed him without fail. I then brought my baby for a checkup during the 2nd week, the doctor said that by right my baby should be skinny due to his trouble of ingesting well. Surprisingly, he weighs 5.2kg that day (baby at birth weighs 3.6kg). With only 2 weeks plus, he grew so much. My nanny even volunteered to stay for another week after confinement (usually 28 days) to look after the baby with no extra charge!

She said being a confinement nanny is her interest and definitely not because of money. With more than 20 years experience, I trust her to taking care of me and my baby as well. For the one month, she really did a very great job. So mommies, to those who have not found a good, responsible confinement nanny for yourself and is still in dilemma, you may consider her. Message me for her contact details!

Cheers to motherhood!

Could you please let me have your CL's contact, thanks!

Kenjo

Hi pipilili,

I understand that you are using Autum's CL currently, how you find her? Good? Can I have her contact? My EDD is mid Feb 2012.

Last edited:

d3dys

Hi Autum,

Pls inform your CL's contact.

Thanks!

Hi All Mummies to be,

I just finished my confinement and thought i should share with you about the good confinement nanny that i engaged. The week before I went for labour, I am 71kg. Comparing to now, 59kg. I had lost 12 kg after giving birth, mostly thanks to my confinement nanny. Before pregnancy, my health condition was very poor. My face was often as pale as paper. After birth, with my confinement nanny's receipe, I feel more energetic and i can see my health gradually turning for the better than before.

People often say that pregnant mothers tend to drop loads of hair after birth, which is true. However, to help me, my confinement nanny put some herbs in my red date tea which I took for a week and it alleviated my condition! In fact, only few strands of hair drop per day when combing. Its unbelievable that just my red date tea alone have 8 different kind of herbs used...

Mine was natural birth but without any epidural neither nor any pain relieve except the laughing gas. Therefore, after birth, I can feel the extreme pain. In chinese medicine studies says, meals with chicken or egg are not allow during the first 12 days. However, I didnt know about this, hospital's confinement food comes with herbal chicken, I ate the whole bowl. Plus, my grandma boil black chicken, I drank all. I was in great pain the first week. Lucky my nanny know how to help me. She ask me wash with salt water. At first, I thought this confinement nanny is crazy, the wounds sure extremely painful to be contacted with salt water. I still challenge her on this. In the end, I followed her instruction because the pain was unbearable that I have to try. Surprisngly, the next day, the pain almost gone...

My baby has serious blocked nose and was not able to drink well. He wakes up hourly for milk, even at night! Thankfully, my confinement nanny was very patient, she wakes up to feed him without fail. I then brought my baby for a checkup during the 2nd week, the doctor said that by right my baby should be skinny due to his trouble of ingesting well. Surprisingly, he weighs 5.2kg that day (baby at birth weighs 3.6kg). With only 2 weeks plus, he grew so much. My nanny even volunteered to stay for another week after confinement (usually 28 days) to look after the baby with no extra charge!

She said being a confinement nanny is her interest and definitely not because of money. With more than 20 years experience, I trust her to taking care of me and my baby as well. For the one month, she really did a very great job. So mommies, to those who have not found a good, responsible confinement nanny for yourself and is still in dilemma, you may consider her. Message me for her contact details!

Cheers to motherhood!

Jasztea

hi.. my nanny last minute backup n i am desperately looking for a replacement nanny... can i contact the nanny of yours... is she really good??

Last edited:

pipilili

Kindly note that the Aunty Irene whom I used is not the con woman mentioned by the lady in this forum. Irene Yong is a con-woman and her name is spammed all over SMH and Mummysg. I remember I also posted in the forum to inform mummies to beware of Irene Yong. (You can search under my name to find) I was pretty weary that Aunty Irene whom I used was Irene Yong and did a check before my confinement in August 11. The Aunty Irene I used has a different hp# (both SG and Msia)

Aunty Irene whom I used was doing confinement for me in SG for the month of August 11, so there is no way she can call from Msia.

Abit of background for the Aunty Irene I used.
- She is born in Penang
- She used to live in JB(nearer to SG), now she has moved to Muar.
- She has 4 kids (1 son, 3 daughters) and son has passed away.
- She lives with husband in Muar now.

Hope I cleared some of the misunderstanding b/w the 2 different Aunty Irene.

pipilili

Final feedback for Aunty Irene (Not Irene Yong) whom I used:

I am a first time mum who has no idea how to look for confinement lady, and wanted to engage GPLS initially. (luckily I didn't cos I heard got some cock up thru forum friends) Anyway I came to know of Aunty Irene thru Autum, when she posted about her confinement nanny.

I hired Aunty Irene, paid her a deposit of $200 somewhr in April when she came into SG.

When I was around 30+ weeks, she called me up and reminded me to take more fish b/c I am breastfeeding and I could start consuming coconut water. How many CL actually will take the effort to do that?? (Doing a job with love, and doing a job for money is toally different in terms of a person's attitude)

She arrived at my pl on 7 August, 1 day after I returned back from hospital, at 11am with her big bag. She brought her own toiletries (shampoo,shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, medication, and bath towel) She didn't use anything from my end. I have a maid but Aunty Irene washes her own clothes. She is quite particular on cleanliness, which is a plus point when taking care of my baby.

During the 1 mth, she trained up my Indon maid on how to take care of my baby. As she don't do any marketing, she will whip up dishes based on what you have in your fridge. All her dishes are simple and nothing complicated - very healthy and good for mummies who wants to maintain a good figure post preg. Her tonic soup is really good stuff, cos she really throw in the herbs(pao shen, dang shen, etc) which you bought. She doesn't drink my red dates tea, or tonic soup, and even dishes she prepare for hubby and me, she tell us to finish them if we can. She eats alot of veg, and little meat/fish.

I am a Emerg Csect mummy, unlike Autum who has gone thru natural birth. I couldn't take chix till around 3 weeks later. My baby seems to have blocked nose too, and Aunty Irene diligently makes sure bb's nose is cleared of nose shit every morning. She also clean bb's tongue every morning and evening, esp when bb's tongue has alot of milk curds left behind on tongue.

In the afternoon, I do see her take her nap. But to be fair to a human who works graveyard shift, she does deserve to take a nap in the afternoon (esp 1st 2 weeks) But towards the last week, I dun see her napping anymore as she has trained bb to sleep longer in the night. (bb could understand when is day and when is night) I am a curious 1st time mum so I always ask Aunty Irene why she does this/that and she will tell me the reasons.

Aunty Irene dun have major flaws, though I find her talking too much sometimes. So I usually excused myself and retreat to my bedroom if I need to rest.

About my weight, I was still at 55kg when Aunty Irene left us, which means I still have 8 kg to lose for a Csect mum. I am not advertising Aunty Irene but just some feedback for those of you who has engaged her or is going to engage her. I wish all mtbs/mummies all the best and good health!

cftongtan

Hi pipilili,
I believe not all will suit Aunty Irene (Autum's recommendation). Personally I do not feel she is good, I am not against her. Same comments are passed by my family (my mother, hubby and sister). She do not do marketing and suggest what to cook. Is my mummy who in turn asked her if can cook these vegetables, drink this soup etc.

I could still remember that there is a case whereby baby poos and asked her to change. She will say I will change for her later as I am having my dinner. Such comments are not said by my sister's and cousin's confinement lady.

I do agreed that it is fair she is taking afternoon nap if she is taking care of the baby through the night. For my case is different, I am fully breast feeding and I look after my baby at night. She is allowed to sleep through the night yet still nap in the afternoon. I would think that it is unfair for me too.

Lastly my mum say my sister's confinement lady: Lily and told me that Lily still do marketing for her new employer. Yet mine still have to suggest if can cook these and that.

As for me, this is a last minute looking out for confinement lady as the one my sister engaged is booked by others. Lan Jie could not do mine as well recommended by my poly classmate. Thus I do not have a choice but to try Aunty Irene out. My conclusion is I will never recomment her service to my friends & relatives.

hayashi43

Hi~~

Anyone have experience with good CL taking care of twins?
I will be doing confinement at in law's place but thinking to engage either daytime/stay-in CL to help my mother in law since we have 2 babies to take care.

Don't really need CL to do laundry and chores, mainly babycare and cooking confinement food for me, but for stay-in, she may have to put up with space constraints by zzz in living room >.<

anyone have good recommendation pls msg me!!! thankssssss

pipilili

cftongtan,

Oops sorry to hear your negativity towards Aunty Irene whom I have used. Pls dun mis-understand, I am not advertising Aunty Irene. I am just sharing my feedback with all the mummies here so that they know the standard they will be receiving from her.

Ultimately, hiring CL is probably like buying toto/4d. Like choosing husbands - some ppl end up divorce, some happily married. I am a first time mum so I'm not sure what is the 'standard' I shd receive from a CL, but I am happy with her service. (cleanliness towards bb, food, reminding first time mummy like me when to start taking coconut water, etc)

Probably I may hire another CL for my 2nd baby to compare...

Dun feel so upset over it, take good care of yourself and your precious bb. :001_302:

Ariesgal77

Hi all, I just finished my confinement during dec. The lady was very good in her duties that i extend her 2 more weeks to help me out. She does housework,cook 3 meals, take care of bb n me. She would teach me hw to take care of bb.She stays at our house and would chat with me. Help out whenever my family members need anything. Cooks tonics for me.. She clean, and very hygiene..This very impt for bbs!!!Pm me for more details.
Hi py85,

Can email me your CL contact? My EDD early Mar 2012. Email: lyeeli@hotmail.com Thanks!

Ariesgal77

Sure, will PM you her contact. Before pregnant, i am loosing tons strands of hair everyday. Cos i have long hair, it's as if I have illness like that cos everyday can see the bathroom outlet fill with my hair. However, strange thing, during my confinement, ppl also say sure drop lots of hair but I did not. Surely less than 5 strands per day.

Yes, my bb 3 months but he already starts to gurgle and join in adult's conversation and even shout for attention sometimes. I realised I have more hair fall, say only 10 the most? but definitely not like before pregnancy. Maybe due to the confinement period, I take good stuff and follow my CL instruction. She boil me something that helps to control hair fall. Instead, now my hair have more volume than before (cos more hair!!!). Even lashes and eyebrows, last time need to draw brows and lashes like dont have like that. Now so much better than last time. :) I have lots of compliment now that i look better than before birth.

Therefore, mummies, you gals need to take good care during confinement! Get a good confinement lady to help you nourish back! :)

It really fortunate for u to cross path with such a wonderful lady. May i have her contact as well, thks a million.

BTW, do take note hair loss issue are usually more serious during month 4 after childbirth, while the old wives' tales would refer this as the period when your lovely little one start to gurgle " ma ma....ma....ma" u will then start to notice lot of hair at your bathroom outlet. Though is a natural process, which such hair loss is due to hormone changes, you may still wanna do something or take some tonic stuffs during this period as to not allowing the progression to get out of hand.
Hi Autumn,

May I have the contact of your CL pls - the one you mentioned is good and can nourish your health back? :) My email lyeeli@hotmail.com
EDD early Mar 2012. Thanks!

Autum

Hi All, as I need to work and take care of my baby, I have not been login in for quite sometimes.

Pipilili has answered all the questions that some mummies asked me.

Pipilili, good to hear that you are doing fine. Well, I like the part you wrote, "I usually excused myself and retreat to my bedroom if I need to rest" Haha... In fact same thing here, I think I did that everyday during my confinement! And I have a peace in mind that she looks after everything. Usually when I went to take nap is when baby is and she will also follow. But she will definitely wake up at 5pm sharp to prepare dinner as my hubby comes home around 6pm. :)

In fact, sometimes afternoon noodles or rice not finished, she will save it up for her dinner while the portion of dinner for the both of us for that day will be just nice. Very well planned.

I miss her Vermicelli with the wine, pork, broccoli, wolfberries, ginger etc and the same ingredient can turn into porridge. Very healthy and tasty!

Btw, I took alot of wolfberries during my confinement. Not sure if this is the reason that it leads to improvement on my eye sight (since they says confinement is the time where mother can "earn" back their pink health). Last time right eye 175, left eye 75 and not wearing any specs or contact lenses but now right eye maintains 175 and left eye only 50 now.

Final feedback for Aunty Irene (Not Irene Yong) whom I used:

I am a first time mum who has no idea how to look for confinement lady, and wanted to engage GPLS initially. (luckily I didn't cos I heard got some cock up thru forum friends) Anyway I came to know of Aunty Irene thru Autum, when she posted about her confinement nanny.

I hired Aunty Irene, paid her a deposit of $200 somewhr in April when she came into SG.

When I was around 30+ weeks, she called me up and reminded me to take more fish b/c I am breastfeeding and I could start consuming coconut water. How many CL actually will take the effort to do that?? (Doing a job with love, and doing a job for money is toally different in terms of a person's attitude)

She arrived at my pl on 7 August, 1 day after I returned back from hospital, at 11am with her big bag. She brought her own toiletries (shampoo,shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, medication, and bath towel) She didn't use anything from my end. I have a maid but Aunty Irene washes her own clothes. She is quite particular on cleanliness, which is a plus point when taking care of my baby.

During the 1 mth, she trained up my Indon maid on how to take care of my baby. As she don't do any marketing, she will whip up dishes based on what you have in your fridge. All her dishes are simple and nothing complicated - very healthy and good for mummies who wants to maintain a good figure post preg. Her tonic soup is really good stuff, cos she really throw in the herbs(pao shen, dang shen, etc) which you bought. She doesn't drink my red dates tea, or tonic soup, and even dishes she prepare for hubby and me, she tell us to finish them if we can. She eats alot of veg, and little meat/fish.

I am a Emerg Csect mummy, unlike Autum who has gone thru natural birth. I couldn't take chix till around 3 weeks later. My baby seems to have blocked nose too, and Aunty Irene diligently makes sure bb's nose is cleared of nose shit every morning. She also clean bb's tongue every morning and evening, esp when bb's tongue has alot of milk curds left behind on tongue.

In the afternoon, I do see her take her nap. But to be fair to a human who works graveyard shift, she does deserve to take a nap in the afternoon (esp 1st 2 weeks) But towards the last week, I dun see her napping anymore as she has trained bb to sleep longer in the night. (bb could understand when is day and when is night) I am a curious 1st time mum so I always ask Aunty Irene why she does this/that and she will tell me the reasons.

Aunty Irene dun have major flaws, though I find her talking too much sometimes. So I usually excused myself and retreat to my bedroom if I need to rest.

About my weight, I was still at 55kg when Aunty Irene left us, which means I still have 8 kg to lose for a Csect mum. I am not advertising Aunty Irene but just some feedback for those of you who has engaged her or is going to engage her. I wish all mtbs/mummies all the best and good health!

Maslyn

Need recommendation for good Confinement Lady from mid feb 2012

Hi all!!

I'm looking for a CL for my wife who is going to give birth in mid feb 2012. anyone has any recommendations for me so that I can go enquire? (:)

Please Pm me here and many thanks in advance!! :001_302:

dolphyant

Re: Need recommendation for good Confinement Lady from mid feb 2012

Hello,

I'm from Sep 2011 thread and I have a good CL that I will like to recommend to all mummies. Siew Ling jie was the CL for my 2 SILs and they sang praises of her which was the reason why I decided to engage her.

On the first day she arrived, she revamp my kitchen and create a very neat system for keeping the milk bottles and my breast pump equipment. She is also very encouraging and supportive of breastfeeding. The first 4 days, my breast milk has not kick in yet and I was feeling very stressed and down. She boiled papaya soups and always remind me to drink lots of red dates tea to help with the milk production. During that period, she gave me alot of encouragement on breastfeeding. She is very alert especially for night duty of taking care of baby. The moment my baby starts to go eh eh, she is already up and heating up ebm to feed him.

After being discharged from hospital and that 1st week of back home and trying to adjust to be a mum, Siew Ling jie is really a godsend helper and teaching me alot of things about taking care of baby, learning how to differentiate the various tones of my baby's cries which means different needs of my baby.

She is also a very good cook and takes care of me very well. She always whip up interesting dishes cooked in different ways. Check out some of the dishes she has cooked for me so far.

confinement food 2a.jpg
confinement food 1a.jpg

She is very hardworking and even cleans those hard to reach corners in my kitchen and does the household chores fast and efficient.

Overall, she is really a good CL and I will highly recommend her to all mummies. I will definitely engage her again when I have my 2nd child.

Her contact is:
Singapore HP - 81195431 (contactable when she is working in SG)
Malaysia HP - +60137067061 / +60127609538 (contactable when she is in Malaysia). Do tell her you are recommended by Meiyu. She usually will give higher priority to those who are recommended by mummies who engaged her before. Do book her early for your confinement as she get booked pretty fast!