Need recommendation

wendy79

hi gal,
usually CL charge higher during CNY period. Some even go double, but my CL aunty Yu Ying told me that's the market. You have to book now if your EDD is during CNY, cos if the CL is malaysian, they may want to come later or have a few days break in between then come back again to fulfill the 28 days. Some rather not to take any jobs, go find one good one early.
I did leave my CL lady, aunty Yu Ying's number here with VELO, u go through and call her, she may be able to advise u.

hi mummies... is there diff in charges in CL when EDD is around CNY?
my edd is next your feb 7 1 wk before CnY... need a good CL recommend...
thx alot...

austrina

hi gal,
usually CL charge higher during CNY period. Some even go double, but my CL aunty Yu Ying told me that's the market. You have to book now if your EDD is during CNY, cos if the CL is malaysian, they may want to come later or have a few days break in between then come back again to fulfill the 28 days. Some rather not to take any jobs, go find one good one early.
I did leave my CL lady, aunty Yu Ying's number here with VELO, you go through and call her, she may be able to advise you.
oh dear... charge 2x e norm rate... *sigh*
thx wendy... will cal auntie yu ying abt it...

adelynn

Hi All

I'm a first time mum and is due sometime in end Nov/early Dec and have only just decided that i will need a confinement lady. Do you think its too late to engage one?
Any recommendations or referrals? Please PM me their contact details?

Thanks.

ebi

Hi gal, any recommendation for day time CL? I am think whether to get a stay in CL or day time CL, as I am planning for breatfeeding so even she stay in can't help much for night feeding as I still need to get up. Anyone breatfeeding still feel is better to have a stay in CL

kym

Hi gal, any recommendation for day time CL? I am think whether to get a stay in CL or day time CL, as I am planning for breatfeeding so even she stay in can't help much for night feeding as I still need to get up. Anyone breatfeeding still feel is better to have a stay in CL

I'll recommend stay in CL as the charge is not much different.

cocraze

Hi, Im sharing my elder sister's experience. She had stay-in CL from Malaysia, and she's trying to BF as much as possible. But you may wish to consider stay-in vs day time for the following reasons:
a) $$ charges probably not so different?
b) how sure you are that you will 100% be TBF? harder to convert for CL to stay-in halfway through the 28 days.
c) stay-in CL can help with other things such as nappy change? other than feeds?
d) If you are too tired halfway, or you producing too much or BB not taking as much, you may be able to express and store in freezer. Then Stay-in CL can help you take over the night feeds so you can have MORE rest. (not sure if fatigue or stress can affect your 'production' levels)

just some random thoughts

elaine01

Hi, Im sharing my elder sister's experience. She had stay-in CL from Malaysia, and she's trying to BF as much as possible. But you may wish to consider stay-in vs day time for the following reasons:
a) $$ charges probably not so different?
b) how sure you are that you will 100% be TBF? harder to convert for CL to stay-in halfway through the 28 days.
c) stay-in CL can help with other things such as nappy change? other than feeds?
d) If you are too tired halfway, or you producing too much or baby not taking as much, you may be able to express and store in freezer. Then Stay-in CL can help you take over the night feeds so you can have MORE rest. (not sure if fatigue or stress can affect your 'production' levels)

just some random thoughts
yes, stress level & fatigue may affect supply but it's pretty erratic during the early weeks so it'll be good to co-sleep so that baby can have his/her food while mummy can have her beauty sleep(that's what I've been doing:tlaugh:).

kym

Yes, totally agree with mummy elaine01 and cocraze!

:tlaugh:

yes, stress level & fatigue may affect supply but it's pretty erratic during the early weeks so it'll be good to co-sleep so that baby can have his/her food while mummy can have her beauty sleep(that's what I've been doing:tlaugh:).

iwan2noe

Hi Elaine01,

Could you kindly give me the contacts of ur CL?
My edd is mid to late Jan 2010
Thanks alot! :)

so sorry but my CL fully booked. The next assignment she can take is probably early July onwards. You can call her & ask her to recommend her jie-mei.

A good CL you need to book at least 6 months in advance.:Dancing_wub:

wendy79

hi gal, try this CL, her name is aunty yu ying, she will be doing for my sister in law in october, last year when i was going to deliver in dec, i only decide to get a CL in october, so u are still not too late.

Hi All

I'm a first time mum and is due sometime in end Nov/early Dec and have only just decided that i will need a confinement lady. Do you think its too late to engage one?
Any recommendations or referrals? Please PM me their contact details?

Thanks.

jaslcare

Hi all, i'm still doing my confinement now...my CL is very friendly and humble...she helps me alot and we chat often....she's v patient even with my 2 other toddlers...If u r keen, may want to call her now since she's still in singapore...may call my hse to look for her 6573 4084....she'll be gg back on sat night..

jaslcare

not sure for day time but think around the same price....y don't get night one? I find night better as there're things that we can't forseen...for mi i was sick for few days as well as my girl, my CL helps mi alot...during first few days bb sleeps with me as i'm more comfort with that...but when i was sick, CL really helps a lot, my bb sleeps w her, when bb hungry, CL brings to me...N one common thing is bb will get phelgm so at least CL is w us throughout, she'll help us out during night....cos when bb has phelgm, diff to lay down to sleep, got to sleep one side or carry....we r doing confinement, not possible to keep carryi her...CL can help....unless we got other helpers at home then it's ok..

Triquetra

not sure for day time but think around the same price....why dont't get night one? I find night better as there're things that we can't forseen...for mi i was sick for few days as well as my girl, my CL helps mi alot...during first few days baby sleeps with me as i'm more comfort with that...but when i was sick, CL really helps a lot, my baby sleeps w her, when baby hungry, CL brings to me...and one common thing is baby will get phelgm so at least CL is w us throughout, she'll help us out during night....cos when baby has phelgm, diff to lay down to sleep, got to sleep one side or carry....we are doing confinement, not possible to keep carryi her...CL can help....unless we got other helpers at home then it's ok..
Insufficient room at hubby's place >.<

kio1

Re: Confinement lady to recommend!!!

HI,

Please you email me your CL contacts no? i'm will be due in 25 Jan 2010

Thanks
kio